The Charged Character
(No, I didn't come up with this. I'm not warped enough. But I didn't see it in a quick search of the forum and thought it would be interesting to post.)

The concept is simple. Pick a character. Do not place any skill points. All skills used must come from charged items. (No, oskills like Enigma/Teleport don't qualify.)

It's great for playing a a character as a superhero like the Bat Man. He doesn't have any innate superpowers, himself, but he has tons of gadgets.

Get evil by taking advantage of synergies. For example, cast Frozen Orb from Sureshrill Frost while you have some Ice Bolt charges equipped.

It's an expensive way to go, since charged items take a lot of gold to recharge. But it's priceless to show to other people - especially if they are prissy about the charge/synergy bug.

-- CH
(feeling wicked)
CelticHound,Jul 2 2004, 01:00 AM Wrote:(feeling wicked)
Oh my. Have fun with that. ^_^
Holy #$%&. (can I say that word?) That would be awesome. I have a Sureshrill somewhere, it looked so cool I had to keep it. I didn't know about the charge/synergies though. Good luck, I'm too lazy (and poor) to do something like that.

Edit: Guess I can't say that word. :P
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
I think in a lot of cases the level requirements on the item are rather high for the usefulness of the charges

I think this would be a staggeringly difficult build to do

It would be very interesting to see a write-up in the style of Sirian or MongoJerry

Can you recharge items using the cube now?
Quote:Can you recharge items using the cube now?

Non-ethereal weapons and armours, yes:

1 Ort Rune + 1 Chipped Gem (any kind) + Weapon = Fully Repaired and Recharged Weapon

1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and Recharged Armor
Well there goes Ironman
;P
Quality over quantity.
- BruceGod -