Fresh Ladder startup strategies?
Hi there,

and many thanx for those information - I learned a lot in this thread on how to optimise my procedures :)

But a question on how to get gold. I am playing a Summoner and thought as I do area-runs anyway, I might also put an emphasis on extra gold, as I love to gamble (I wouldn't go just for gold, but as a side-effect it's really quite nice). Any guys out there have specific clues on how to get MUCH money? Currently I am just using Wealth on me and my hireling + some goodies like Gheeds and Tarnhelm. I seldom see gold below 1k dropping from monsters, but I would love to get more. Yeah, got greedy I think ;) Newest deployment was an Ali Baba in the second weapon slot :) But from what I read I could guess there are others doing such stuff. Any strategies / equipment hints you are willing to share with us?

All the best,
Timo
Look for wands, staves and scepters with spell bonuses on them. (Sorceress orbs, necromancer heads, barbarian helms and druid pelts typically don't sell for much.) The higher the spell level, the more money they sell for. They typically sell for up to the maximum gold an NPC will give you. Another good source is superior (non-eth) armor, especially exceptional and elite stuff.

Failing those things, the full stacks of the various poison and fire based throwing potions can sell for a lot too.