Heaven& hell terrain, history, life, etc.
I asked this at the amazon basin and only me and one other person thought of anything. So what do you guys think?

Edit: I'm thinking diablo heaven and hell in case people were confused.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
What? A day in the life of heaven and/or hell, complete with tourist maps and geographical compendium?

I thought a little dude named Dante covered that in Divina Comedia. Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso.

As for my own outlooks, please bear in mind there's technically no "life". This is the "afterlife", so trying to fit what happens there in terms of the living world may be bit of a stretch akin to trying to swallow a bit much more than what the jaws can admit.

Then again, I have a vested interest in researching and speculating upon such matters myself. I have this two-book concept going on where the day-to-day dealings between the heavens and the hells are detailed in the second book— a take-off on The Divine Comedy in the sense that a soldier of the heavens embarks on an unauthorized rescue mission into the hells.

First book's actually a bit of a time-travel adventure with a guy traveling from 1999 to sometime in the 1880's or 1890's (have to find out when Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show ever made appearance in England, since said hero needs access to stuff a mite deadlier than these "...$%#ty British guns...").
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I was thinking diablo heaven and hell. I'll go back and edit it.

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Hi Minionman,

I'm tempted to think that Aazmodan still fights against Belial down in the dark pits of hell. Maybe one party managed to get the upper hand, though.
I think Belial will triumphate in the long run. He seems the more intelligent evil compared to Aazmodan who seems to be a dumb sap if you ask me. I'm wondering what happened to the horned demons that once were the last straw in the great revolution and drove the three brothers out of hell. I mean, at first capable of banishing the three prime evils to mortal realm and then not even mentioned in DiabloII ? That's a bit fishy, don't you think?
I'm imagining hell like a mixture of the Caves and the River of Flames, with lots of lost souls just hanging around, chained to rocks or pillars and such. Some of them being tortured probably. Then I imagine the creatures of hell all roaming and drooling over the chance to fight with the forces of the heavens again or against mankind, without any deeper purpose in their life. Eventually, when members of the one party meet members of the other, a short skirmish starts, but in general I think that the fanatic battle of the two coalitions chilled down a bit. I guess Belial and Aazmodan both hang out in their lairs and have other, lesser evils serve them with whatever they might wish. Perhaps lately they both feel that something odd happened to the mortal realm and that it seems like the three brothers have been defeated and the world stone is broken. I think that Aazmodan already thinks about just invading the mortal realm through the hole that is gapping where the world stone once stood, and Belial rather thinks about drawing Aazmodan's attention to this earthly realm so that he neglects his defense in the pits of hell.

In the heaven, I think everyone's worried about the destruction of the world stone, and though a human hero is said to have defeated the three prime evils, they are not at all content with the situation the archangel Tyrael (originally Anthyrael) has created. Some of the angels surely doubt his leading position amongst them, and perhaps there's even a dispute in the high kingdom of the heavens. I don't know to what extent god is involved, but since the ultimate good and the ultimate bad are never mentioned, I think I'll ignore them here right away, too. I think part of the divine forces is tempted to support Tyraels theory that humanity is strong enough to defend itself, but another fraction is favoring the alternative to invade the mortal realm only to hunt down whatever evil may be gushing in from the hated burning pits of hell.
I think they still mourn the loss of Izual, and are unsure as to how the disposition of power amond the dark forces is invested. They wonder where all the frightening foes from Diablo I have gone (horned demons, advocates, lava lords and storm lords, to name just a few), and suspect an ambuscade.
Yes, I do think that the divine forces are not at all united and ready to fight, but disrupted just like their demonic foes.

But hey - if they weren't, and stroke determinedly, the sin war would be settled in favor of the heavens in no time, and the chance for a Diablo III would be rather slim then, no? ;)

So that's how I see the heaven and the hell. You wanted it, you got it.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Rhydderch Hael,Jul 6 2004, 12:28 AM Wrote:First book's actually a bit of a time-travel adventure with a guy traveling from 1999 to sometime in the 1880's or 1890's (have to find out when Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show ever made appearance in England, since said hero needs access to stuff a mite deadlier than these "...$%#ty British guns...").
First time was in 1887, they returned to England in 1889 and toured Europe for 3 years.

Source
That's cool ideas. The angels and demons are arguin with each other and so are the demons.

Of course the humans can defend themselves. They already have done as good a job as heaven, in a way, and if they couldn't there wouldn't be a game.

Whats the whole story on azmodan and belial? I haven't played D1 so I don't know the whole story.

Hi,

Here you'll find something to read. This will let you get a grasp on the story of Diablo I (and thus of Diablo II).

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
So that last bit sets up diablo 2.

The stuff I wrote at the amazon basin was more like the geology of hell, and some terrain description, and it doesn't really fit with the diablo 1 history. Oh well.