Skelemancer's minions teleport
I've been playing a realm HC skelemancer these last weeks. He's currently 90 and doing ok, even running away from pkers. And I noticed something strange:

At times, mostly in the middle of a combat with monsters inside the screen, all minions return to the necro's position just like when crossing a portal or using a waypoint. This happens very rarely and only when playing alone, so I haven't figured out what action or scenario causes it .

I've been searching here and at the AB for someone else reporting this, without sucess. It's not that I care very much from having then coming back home from time to time, but that I want to how to make them do that when I want to ;)
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
I've seen this, too. I seem to recall seeing it happen when I was just standing around chatting. I figured it was related to the "snap back" that happens when the server re-synchs your char's position with your client.

-- CH
(hmm, just thought of something vaguely related I need to test)
Ive seen this happen quite often, and im pretty sure its client / server syncronization. With my connection i can provoke this by running as fast as i can away from my minions, they will then snap to my position when i get far enough away. (some extra fr/w is helpfull)

Somtimes this happens when im standing quite still tho. My guess is that it's triggered by some sort of desync / syncronization routine. (as celticHound said). I have however not noticed if it only happens when im alone and not with a party. Perhaps your movement routines are diffrent when you are with a party?
Quote:Perhaps your movement routines are diffrent when you are with a party?

Yup, when in party I'm not the one scouting and running all around for new monsters to kill. The desynch explanation looks sound.

A pitty, tho. I dont think I'll ever get the runes for an enigma, and won't certainly trade in public to get a duped rune/runeword. And this one looked as a promising way to move the whole army against specific targets.

Well, anyhow that necro will have a rest as Season 2 starts tomorrow ;)

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
Nicator,Jul 7 2004, 10:12 PM Wrote:A pitty, tho. I dont think I'll ever get the runes for an enigma, and won't certainly trade in public to get a duped rune/runeword. And this one looked as a promising way to move the whole army against specific targets.
If you don't mind the expense of recharging, you could shop for a staff with teleport charges and put it on your weapon switch, with teleport selected there. (Naj's staff is the ideal here, but you can guarantee the legitness of a staff you shop for yourself.)

Once nice thing about the realms is that there is a "grace period" on the weapon switch. So long as I don't use another necro skill, it seems I have perhaps 5 seconds to switch, teleport and switch back without losing any summons. That's one server-side patch that I hope shows up in 1.11 SP.

And which tomorrow are you talking about for the server reset? :blink:

-- CH
CelticHound,Jul 8 2004, 08:22 AM Wrote:And which tomorrow are you talking about for the server reset?  :blink:
This one.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
And at last count, there are thirteen pages of posts arguing about what "tomorrow" means...

Still, I have to admit, you got me there. Pity I'll be missing the first day or so.

-- CH
Maybe they just get lonely :P

-Munk
Quote:Once nice thing about the realms is that there is a "grace period" on the weapon switch. So long as I don't use another necro skill, it seems I have perhaps 5 seconds to switch, teleport and switch back without losing any summons. That's one server-side patch that I hope shows up in 1.11 SP.

Are you sure about that? At least when I accidentally press "w" I always lose skellies immediately. I know that it doesn't happen when the wand and shield don't add +skills necessary to keep those 'lost' minions. Anyhow, a good advice because at times loosing some minions is worth the price ;)

Quote:And which tomorrow are you talking about for the server reset?   :blink:

Friday 9 at 11:30 am UTC, as the post was made Thursday 8 at 2:21 am.

edited:

Nevermind, MHein finally edited his post and made it clear:

Quote:A warning to all Diablo Ladder players - that Diablo II Season 1 Ladder will be reset tomorrow (July 8th, 2004).

Downtime for Battle.net will begin around 11:30 (UTC) time (around 4:30pm PST).