Which class will you play when the game goes live?
I noticed we were missing a class nit/appreciation thread, so here’s one for both strategic discussion and personal preference.

I’m leaning strongly toward the Hunter – I like pet classes, and I admit that the lack of information has heightened my curiosity.
;)

I want to play Tauren, but I am having reservations about size and beginning with the Horde (unless quests and items are diversified). But I expect everyone and their kid brother to play Night Elf in the beginning. Do you think the remoteness of the NE starting region will pose a problem? Dwarves just don’t appeal – they don’t have the quirky charm of the Gnome or NE, and just don’t seem very “distinguished” as of yet.

If anyone hears anything new about Hunter pets, please let me know.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx...yCount=62#post3

So what class are you most looking forward to, and why?
Hi,

In no particular order and subject to change:

Male Human Warrior
Female Human Paladin
Male Dwarf Priest
Female Gnome Rogue
Female Night Elf Hunter
Female Orc Shaman
Male Tauren Druid
Male Troll Mage
Male Undead Warlock

Plus test characters and whatever feels "good" :)

And, of course, looking forward to the hunter -- but that is just anticipation.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I really have no idea whats a "good" build. I just like playing human males toons. I prefer either light armored swords guys or ranged(bow/gun) fighter. Its like a rogueis my best bet.
I dig Mages. They kill fast and they die fast. I find them a bit more exciting than other classes.
I will probably play the scheme I have right now:

Female Night Elf Priest on big kitty when I get a chance (Tyrande, eat your heart out... :P )

Female Human Rogue (Bow and Dagger)

Female Human Warlock (might be up in the air)

Male Dwarven Paladin (leaning towards axe, not sure if I'll change though)

Male Troll Hunter (gonna put in a suggestion to put throwing spear/javelins into the game)

Male Tauren Shaman

Male Orc Warrior

Female Undead Mage
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Double Post
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Well, I've only played two classes; Warrior and Paladin. I like to get "in your face" when it comes to combat.

I prefer the Paladin over the Warrior, but the whole Rage system is nice. The Paladin is a very good balance between offense and defense; he's perfect for soloing, and great in a team. He's even better in teams where he doesn't have to serve as the primary healer, or healer at all.

When focused on damage output only, he's devastating to opponents one at a time. Two opponents of same level don't stand a chance, unless one is a healer and the Paladin didn't focus on him first. Even then, he can still take them. A good Paladin player should be able to handle three even level critters at a time, or one critter that is 3 to 4 levels higher than him. Timely using of Divine Protection and Healing is essential.

Divine Protection (formerly Divine Favour) is perfect for solo play, and is very useful for those times when your party is about to be decimated, or has been already. The Seal of Protection is nice as well, as it gives you a second "out" if things get too dicey. The nice thing about Divine Protection at level 2 is that you have just enough time to cast two heals. So, if you are hurting AND a party member is hurting, you can cast DP then heal both of you (if you have enough mana) not having to worry about how much aggro you've accrued. Seal of Protection is castable on party members as well, so if they're hurting, you can cast it on them and then heal them, if necessary.

Another thing with the Paladin is that he's a brutal undead killer. They just don't stand a chance. I can take undeads of up to 5 levels higher than me without much difficulty! Excorsism, Turn Undead, combined with Holy Strike and Crusader Strike really lays down the smack on them. "Sense Undead" is just great for finding the little buggers as well.

I've enjoyed playing the Paladin so much that it has almost guaranteed my subscribing to WoW when it goes live, and playing yet another one in my long chain of Paladins.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Lets see. I am really enjoying my human paladin (male) at the moment and I dabbled with every class available so far to a lesser degree.

This is my favourites list from most liked to disliked.

Race:
Tauren (they just look so darn cool yet cute at the same time, as well as them being the only real good guys when it comes to morals)
Human (just plain humans, dig the chicks)
Dwarf (love roleplaying them)
Undead (just to be a plain bad guy)
Trolls, Gnomes, orcs and Night elves just don't appeal to me in equal degree. Trolls are annoying/poorly developed (in background story), gnomes remind me of children (which remind me of Diablo2's child players), Orcs dissapoint me because their cultural heritage just doesn't coime out, and their missions don't feel orcish enough and lastly the night elf tree hugging is not my kind of tree (horsey) hugging.

class:
Paladin (I really like their balance as well as party friendliness, as well as them fitting my idea of heroes)
Warrior (I agree with the 'in the face' mentality)
Mage (If they do something to keep them alive just a tad better in a laggy session)
rogue (if they become viable again, currently a fairly weak class due to dual wield bugs?)
Priest (most party-friendly class, but I don't like them solo. It's all about healing and I want to dish some damage out too.).
Druid (I don't like it. it's a half-priest, half-paladin thingie which has too little to do with nature in my opinion. The shapeshifting doesn't appeal to me).
Warlock (I am not the kind of person to do damage over time spells while your pet takes a constant beating).

Floating somewhere between is the hunter, as I have no idea how this class will turn out. I may like it if it's a paladin which traded it's healing for a creature buddy. It has to be able to join the melee as opposed to the warlock or I won't like it.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
As it stands now, I'm leaning toward playing a priestess and a warlock on release, but a lot will depend on what talents those two classes get and how they get changed during beta testing. Warlocks especially need a lot of work.

I haven't decided on races, yet. It'll probably depend on what racial traits different races get. I like the look of both humans and night elves, so my priestess will probably one of those. However, I would like to play a horde character as well, so maybe my warlock will be from a horde race. Then again, I think it'd be funny to play a gnome warlock and have my pets tower over me. Oh well, I'll decide when the classes and races get more fleshed out.
Can you tell me what appeals to those classes to you? Especially the priest(ess)? It just feels so monotome to me, especially when I look at their skill list.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Quote:Then again, I think it'd be funny to play a gnome warlock and have my pets tower over me.

Yesterday (I think) I saw a tiny female gnome named FieldMouse with a huge Voidwalker following her around. It was just about the funniest thing I've seen yet! Took a few screenshots, will maybe post them later. I've gotta catch up to the rest of you! (Currently lvl 13)

As soon as I get enough time, I'm going to look through my screenies, post all of the interesting ones, and say a little bit about the druid. Just after this next level or two... :lol:
IF I buy this game, my likely setup will be:

Gnome, male, mage (I love the look of the tiny little guy unleashing massive death)
Gnome, female, warlock (humor factor is high, minions will be 10x bigger than her)
Night Elf, female, priest (I've really gotten to love priests)

Later, I'll play some Horde chars. I like Gnomes too much. Which I'm happy for, since according to the stats Blizzard releases they're pretty unpopular. Only Trolls seem less popular than Gnomes. Yay!

Humans? Boring.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Well my two main characters were chosen by my daughter in terms of race and sex. She really didn't like the looks of the male humans. Personally I didn't care either way so I've been running around as a male playing a female. ;) Its actually helped me in writing my new fantasy book however as Shalandrax is designed to emulate a hero's story in the book. If it gets published those of you who party with me might see a bit of your game characters in the book. ;)

That being said I'll probably start off with a Paladin and/or warrior at release. I might do hunter as well depending on how they make out in the beta. The sex/race will once again probably be determined by my opinionated four year old. ;)
Not in beta, mind you.

Let's see. Priests and Mages.
I'm "sharing" a Beta CD-Key with two other people; the person who actually got drawn, my best friend (whom said person is sharing Key with), and me, when I'm over at my friend's house.

I hate to give out character names (for fear of people shamelessly stealing them), but my friend made a Gnome Male Rogue, and he's about the funniest thing I've ever seen. He has bright, neon-green Troll hair (you know, those little Forest Troll things that Mimi Rogers has on her desk in the Drew Carey Show), and he's named SneakySneaky. He looks insanely funny when Sneaking, and we're eagerly awaiting for him to reach a high-enough level to where he can go assassinate people in towns. We just think that "You have been killed by SneakySneaky." is going to be hilarious.

I made a Tauren Warrior, and I'm loving it. WoW is like D2 in a lot of ways; mind-numbingly boring, but life-draining-ly addictive at the same time. I especially like the Rage system, though it drains away too fast and builds up too fast. Once you get a few ranks in Improved Strike, you can practically use Strike instead of your normal Attack.

Either way, I'd much rather be on the Horde side, rather than the Alliance, though I've heard the Paladin is a great class for solo-ing.

My list:
  • Male Tauren Warrior (Two-handed Weapons; probably Maces and/or Pole Arms)
    <>
  • Male Orc Shaman
    <>
  • Male Undead Priest<>
    [st]

Not really sure what else I'll do. I had fun playing as a bipedal water buffalo wielding a giant baby rattle (Giant Clubs look like giant baby rattles, I swear), so whatever I'll do, it's probably going to be as a Tauren. I especially like their psuedo-Native-American background.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:WoW is like D2 in a lot of ways; mind-numbingly boring, but life-draining-ly addictive at the same time.
I really don't feel it is "mind-numbingly boring." My characters mostly use a large set of skills, varying tactics to suit the situation. Warriors, perhaps, are the class that you can get away with using the smallest "standard" set of skills for most cases and so it might just be that you aren't seeing the other parts of the game. Also, once you get into a group and start working through groups of elite monsters, I think you'll see things get much more interesting.

But then again, perhaps we have different thresholds for boredom. :)
-TheDragoon