Scratching My Head
For some odd reason my druid is having issues on USEast joining games. I was doing Baal runs and I went to join the next game and I got a nice tasty failed to join screen. I logged out and relogged on. So far I've hit 10 failed to loads in a row. Whether I make the game or attempt to join, I get whacked.

The weird thing is the chat works fine, and games list updates quickly and correctly.

I searched the forum and found a post by adamantine that said:

Quote:Third (last) : Basically same Pally again. About every 20 mins when playing I lagged out, and this is with 40 ping. After the fourth time I only got "failed to join game", what, with 40 ping?! So that's some anti-hack stuff or something, what do I know. Tried to log in and out, other character worked to join fine.

I am rather certain this will sort itself out soon enough (hopefully sooner than later). But it's an oddity I've never experienced on Battle.net before.

Could this be an anti-hack preventative measure? Or is bnet just having a jolly old time screwing with me? :)

-Munk
It let me log back on and join games approximately 30 minutes after the problem started. The odd thing was my character was rolled back at least one level. I assume it just did not count my last game, though I do the exp bar no where near where I remember it the game before. But that could also be due to slight beer consumption :).

Still interested in what happened, any insight would be appreciated!

-Munk
This has been an increased problem for me and my friends for the last month or two. Very often we will both get booted from our games (at the same time) and back to the join game screen. The game we were in no longer exists and the characters involved cannot create or succesfully join games for a period of time. Occasionally i have been able to start a game with one of my other characters and it has "reset" my effected character so they can again start and join games, but this is rare. Usually it takes about a half hour or so for the effected character to return to normal. Very annoying.

Edit: as for what is wrong, i would assume that somehow the game you are in is getting dropped from Battle.net. Whether a desync from user action or a fault in the Battle.net DB structure the game gets dropped and it takes a length of time or response from the Battle.net DB to set your character back to "available". Much like when you get dropped from Battle.net completely. Occasionally when that happens and you try to log back in it says you are still logged in. It takes Bnet a few minutes to realize it isn't getting any input and drop your account completely. I would assume that either the back-ups they have set up for disconnects doesn't come into play in the game drops because Bnet is still recieving input from your account the individual character however is still seen as being in a game, or in the limbo between in-game and out of game.