Uber upgrade?
Hi,

I'm new to the lurker lounge and have a question about upgrading an exceptional unique to an elite.

I was fortunate enough to find a perfect (240 ed) heart carver rondel in season2 ladder which has a base damage of 10 - 22 but displays a damage of 49 - 123 (240% ed + 15-35).

Am I correct in the following? If I upgrade this it will turn into a mithril point having a base damage of 37-53 which in turns makes the total damage 140 - 215? With ignore target's armor and 35% deadly strike ithis seems like an awesome weapon. The only drawback I see is the short range of 1 and being slow (for a dagger) with a 0 base speed. This seems like a pretty awesome weapon. I plan on using this on a fury WW druid. What are you opinions on this for a end-game weapon? I think it looks pretty sweet but what do you all think?

Also, I found a demon limb. I'm not sure how the lvl 23 enchant works. Will I be able to cast the enchant and then switch to the dagger and have the effect on while I kill with the dagger?

Thank you for your opinions,
Trobb
Trobb,Jul 22 2004, 08:06 PM Wrote:Am I correct in the following?  If I upgrade this it will turn into a mithril point having a base damage of 37-53  which in turns makes the total damage 140 - 215
According to adeyke's weapon upgrade damage calculator you are correct in your calculations. An upgraded perfect ed% Heart Carver would do 140-215 damage, and would require 55 str, 98 dex, and clvl 59 to use.

Not having much experience with WW druids or the Demon Limb, I can't be of much help with the rest of your questions. I'm sure others will be along shortly to help you in those departments. :D

Welcome to the Lounge!

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Heart Carver has a 15/9 max speed for a werewolf unsocketed, 13/8 with a Fervor jewel and 12/7 with a Shael. I'd say that would already classify it as really awful werewolf weapon. The completely lack of range doesn't help, either.

Assuming you have no other sources of DS, you can just multiply the damage by 35% to get the effective damage. That makes it a 239 average damage weapon with ITD and nothing else, especially not speed or range.

There are better options.

The enchant from Demon Limb would stay around after you switch it to a different weapon.
Thank you for the information :)

Since druids have an afintity for maces would I just be better off using the demon limb ( mine is 222 ed, 13 LL, 103-186 damage + the 222-333 fire damage).

Is there a good utility that helps you calculate the frames so I can compare the different type of weapons?

Thanks,
Trobb
Quote:Is there a good utility that helps you calculate the frames so I can compare the different type of weapons?

Yes

Personally, I think weredruids are best-suited to big two-hand staves/mauls/polearms. Especially ones with lots of IAS.

Demon Limb would be just as slow as the Heart Carver. With Demon Limbs, you'd also want to use an ethereal one to hit people (as it self-repairs) but a non-ethereal one for enchant (since ethereal ones are completely unrechargeable).
Quote:I think it looks pretty sweet but what do you all think?

There are a lot better one handed weapons in terms of damage (not sure how the speed thing works)... Lightsabre comes to mind readily, as well as Azurewrath and BoTD...
Quote:There are a lot better one handed weapons in terms of damage

Yes, there are. And many of them are obtainable for the runes required to upgrade the heartcarver(if you trade). It *is* a pretty decent weapon though. Throw it on a fanatic zealot and add 60 IAS or so, and you'll be set for hell. It's pretty awful for a WW though.

It's just that the cost of runes is most likely not worth it, even in the pally's case(I suppose in single player if you have nothing better it might be).

And please, it's hard to legitly compare anything to BoTD. Unless you are trading in duped runes, BoTD is a fantasy weapon to a normal player. Even Azurewrath is above and beyond someone who is asking about upgrading heartcarver(they are unlikely to be planning on lvl 85 before they can use their main weapon).
Bonehew is dirt-cheap, as always, and dual-shaeled it makes a mean Fury weapon.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Quote:Unless you are trading in duped runes, BoTD is a fantasy weapon to a normal player.

There are websites you can just buy them from. Bots are always spamming them in games.
<_<
I'm not sure what qualifies for the normal player anymore, but my definition does not include purchasing extra items online. But your definition may be different, so mileage may vary.

I do feel that the same way a player could buy them, they could search for hack programs and run a bot till they get the runes as well. Purchasing openly known hacked/duped/botted items, and therefore supporting hackers, is just as bad as hacking yourself in my book. Perhaps this is why I get the feeling that buying from those sites is taboo.

-Munk
My thoughts exactly Munkay.

Not to mention that those lovely spambots are a major PITA...

It's always funnny how people flame me in a game when I tell them that most likely their precious Enigma/BotD is as duped as 99% of the rest of them on b.net.

"OMG no wey i jutst tradad 4it u (insert standard b.net insult here) u r noob u sux hee lol!!!111!"

as previously stated: <_<

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
*blink blink* Oh, wow, you really DID say that.

So, was that just you being ignorant? Trying to incite a few flames?

And please, please don't come back with the "I don't see why buying items is different than spending 10 hours a day doing meph runs..." blah blah blah we've heard it before, we don't buy it, just keep your mouth shut and save us all a headache. As has already been mentioned, and as should be blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain larger than a peanut, buying duped junk is just as bad as duping it yourself.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Trobb,Jul 23 2004, 02:06 AM Wrote:Hi,

I'm new to the lurker lounge and have a question about upgrading an exceptional unique to an elite.

I was fortunate enough to find a perfect (240 ed) heart carver rondel in season2 ladder which has a base damage of 10 - 22 but displays a damage of 49 - 123 (240% ed + 15-35).

Am I correct in the following?&nbsp; If I upgrade this it will turn into a mithril point having a base damage of 37-53&nbsp; which in turns makes the total damage 140 - 215?&nbsp; With ignore target's armor and 35% deadly strike ithis seems like an awesome weapon.&nbsp; The only drawback I see is the short range of 1 and being slow (for a dagger) with a 0 base speed.&nbsp; This seems like a pretty awesome weapon.&nbsp; I plan on using this on a fury WW druid.&nbsp; What are you opinions on this for a end-game weapon?&nbsp; I think it looks pretty sweet but what do you all think?

Also, I found a demon limb.&nbsp; I'm not sure how the lvl 23 enchant works.&nbsp; Will I be able to cast the enchant and then switch to the dagger and have the effect on while I kill with the dagger?

Thank you for your opinions,
Trobb
If I were you I wouldn't upgrade it;save your um and fal runes for better rares;240 % ed is not perfect,450 % ed in a rare is a perfect ed;I'd say that from 350-360 damage for its elite version,a rare is worth upgrading

I've only upgraded 2 rare weapons:a rare cryptic sword with 377 % ed (367 dmg max) and a rare ghost glaive with 280 % ed and a grinding mod (+369 dmg max when throwing)

Take your time to find a close to perfect rare;you could regret your runes when you find a better rare weapon ;)
Heart carver is a unique, not a rare.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
edited
Quote: *blink blink* Oh, wow, you really DID say that.

So, was that just you being ignorant? Trying to incite a few flames?

And please, please don't come back with the "I don't see why buying items is different than spending 10 hours a day doing meph runs..." blah blah blah we've heard it before, we don't buy it, just keep your mouth shut and save us all a headache. As has already been mentioned, and as should be blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain larger than a peanut, buying duped junk is just as bad as duping it yourself.

gekko

Whoah. I'm not saying I've ever bought from one of these websites, and I didn't realize it was such a bad thing to do... I never really wanted an item THAT badly but if someone really needed item x, I could see people buying from those sites. I'm not trying to 'incite a few flames' as you said, and I think this post was rather hostile.'

Also, these sites never say that they hack or that they bot or dupe.
unrealshadow13,Jul 26 2004, 06:27 PM Wrote:Also, these sites never say that they hack or that they bot or dupe.
:lol:

If you sell stolen cars you don't tell people they're stolen. You've shown you got a good brain up there. Don't stop using it! :P

-Munk

Edit: Grammar Gone banana's.
Hi,

Quote:buying duped junk is just as bad as duping it yourself.

- well, actually it's worse since you are not only a bounder because you use duped items, but you're a dumb bounder for actually having paid money for them!

*slaps forehead*

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
If you buy from these websites, you're supporting them. Plain and simple. And those people who bot, or hack, or dupe, or buy such items in bulk for resale, are doing so for one plain and simple reason -- monetary gain. I shouldn't have to explain this to you, or anyone else. Hiding behind the "I don't know 100% they're using bots," or "I'm not the one using the bots" is childish, sneaky and pathetic -- a pure dodge.

Second of all, my post was rather hostile. That was intentional. If you don't understand why a post such as yours incites hostility, that's your problem.

gekko