map hack detection
How does battle.net detect map hacks? Is it by word of mouth, or do they check the registry while one is logged one?
cozymonk,Jul 30 2004, 08:06 PM Wrote:How does battle.net detect map hacks?  Is it by word of mouth, or do they check the registry while one is logged one?
Why does it matter, unless you use maphack?
You don't know what you're talking about.
Actually, they monitor it in number of ways, including watching popular D2 forums. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but you're now on "the list." They won't actively "tag" you, but they WILL be actively watching all activity tied to your account. I'd be very, very careful to avoid using maphack (or any 3rd party program, for that matter) for AT LEAST a month.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
*Scratches my head*

If they monitor forums, how come there are blatent posters on the battle.net trade forums who admit to using bots that continue to post/have same account. I've read at least three posts in one day that joke about how they got their enormous trade list, and joked about how much bots can help.

Blizzard is an enigma. Or just lazy. :P

-Munk
Thanks, I don't use a map hack or want to use a map hack, I was just curious because so many of the people I have been in the same game as were obviously using them. I do think cheating is cheap and it takes the fun out of a game. It's pointless if your like a god and can do what ever it is you want.
;)

But wait, how does Blizzard link my forum name to my battlenet account?

Oh wait, they're the same...

>_<

;P
Also, there was this one char who was a lvl 15 barbarian who could use whorlwind and had armour that you wouldn't be able to use unless you were ? lvl 30-sometihng. It's pretty bad when they make char-hacks that work on battle.net.
I am thinking that the whole 'Blizz scans forums' concept is rather far fetched... Where did you hear about this?
I heard it from a friend with an eye for humour, an ear for wit, a passion for sarcasm, and a big fat gut full of the blatantly obvious.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
gekko,Jul 30 2004, 09:26 PM Wrote:I heard it from a friend with an eye for humour, an ear for wit, a passion for sarcasm, and a big fat gut full of the blatantly obvious.

gekko
I've been had! :D

You sir, are officially challenged to a duel.

-Munk
I don't believe in duels. They're childish, immature, and accomplish no--

*poke*

Got you! Muahahah!

*runs away madly, giggling like a schoolgirl*

gekko
Quote: I don't believe in duels. They're childish, immature, and accomplish no--

*poke*

Got you! Muahahah!

*runs away madly, giggling like a schoolgirl*

gekko

That's rather hypocritical.

So were you joking about Blizzard searching LL for MHers?
No. I was absolutely, positively, 100% serious. On a completely unrelated note, I also have a bridge to sell you.

gekko
It's hard to detect sarcasm over tar intarweb. If people could add a little thingie that says that they are serious or not at the bottom of their post, that would be really helpful.]

What do you mean you have a bridge to sell me? :huh:
Although I agree that its sometimes hard to detect sarcasm, Unreal you get the award for missing the subtleties of online conversation.

Don't despair, you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Or you'll spend your life broke, on the streets, wondering where the bridge is that Gekko sold you for you last penny.

:lol:

-Munk
Absolutely. Gekko giggles like a schoolgirl in free time and prefers contradictions within the same sentence- Obviously an average b.net lamer, although prostegious enough to sell bridges. Of being of such calibur, Gekko has shown constant contempt for us more civilized mannered lurkers as shown by his dancing banana avatar. A dancing banana has numerous implications and one of them is to obviously corrupt the minds of the youth! Mind you it offends me, and I'll be suing Gekko for a bridge. Why buy a bridge when you can sue for one in a frivilous lawsuit instead? :)

On the other hand, I sell bridges too and will pwnzor anything Gekko has to offer.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Forget them, you can find good bridges just by mf'ing. I found a mile long suspension just the other day.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
The 'dancing bannana' is the bannana from 'peanut butter jelly time'.
I remember having a copy of the dancing banana on my computer 4-5 years ago. I think this is pre-pbjt video.

-Munk
unrealshadow13,Jul 30 2004, 11:52 PM Wrote:It's hard to detect sarcasm over tar intarweb.
I'll try to be less subtle the next time I tweak your nose in such a fasion. Perhaps a 30 meter high neon sign? You can hang it under your new bridge!

gekko