Hybrid assassin
Hello,

I have started a Ladder assassin;it's one of my first assassins,so I don't know which skills would be ok to handle hell mode;as I don't feel like starting several assassin builds,I am thinking about a versatile character,both melee and not melee;which skills to choose to make hybrid asn?
for melee, I think of tiger strike (15 points),dragon tail (15 points),dragon strike (15 points),claw mastery (10 points),dragon claw (10 points)

for non melee:lightning sentry (15 points),cloak of shadows (10 points),shadow of master (10 points)

Would it be a good build for melee and non melee in hell mode?
For you have experienced various builds,can I have tricks? what builds work well ?
Hi

The most efficient Assa is a Blade Fury Assa. Max Shadowmaster and Death Sentry. Blade Fury, Mindblast, Burst of Speed and Cloak of Shadows need only one point! Put as many points in Fade an you need for decent resistance. Points you have free can be put into Lightning Sentry, to max synergies, or into Venom. If you want to use a claw Claw Mastery can be pumped, if you use dual claws put a few points into Block.

If you want to go down the melee route max Shadow Master and Phoenix Strike and pump the Elemental Charge skills for synergies, other points into Tiger Strike, Claw mastery and Fade. Cobra Strike usually gets by with 1 point, Block as much as you like, but C/S is usually considered superior.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
It's kind of impossible to make a decent hybrid Assassin... For viable damage on either you physical side or your magic side, you need to max your skills and synergies. Also your attribute points will be spread too thin, as most people leave their energy at 0 for fighters.

You'll find it very hard to kill things in Nightmare and Hell.
Hi
I agree with Assur. If you are planning to go solo the blade fury assa is great. You have physical damage at a 6 frame rate (use an etheral claw for more damage as it will not wear out), claw mastery will help with damage and most importantly help you hit the monsters.

Maxing death sentry and shadow master is important so save up the skills till you hit level 30. Death sentry is very handy in Hell (The bigger they are the harder they fall). Its my biggest thrill to see a screen full of monsters die in a couple of seconds.

One of the bigger choices is to have either venum or lightning sentry. I prefer lightning sentry to increase the death sentry damage and find it easier to kill the end act bosses, as you can lay traps and then concentrate on not getting killed.

One hint is to stay clear of cold weapons, getting the first body is the hardest so why have the chance of it shattering.

Overall you will have lightning damage, 1/2 fire damage and 1/2 physical from the corpse explode, combinations from the shadow master, physical from the blade fury, physical from the merc (I like using the might merc).
Abramelin,Aug 2 2004, 08:46 AM Wrote:,I am thinking about a versatile character,both melee and not melee;which skills to choose to make hybrid asn?
f
The melee skill of choice for hybrids is Dragon Talon, because it's very powerful without investment in other Martial Arts. You could combine that with traps (Lightning Sentry + Death Sentry, most likely) or with Blade Fury + Venom + 1 or more points in Death Sentry. The second option is more appealing to my mind, because the equipment needs of BF and Dtalon won't be completely dissimilar.

If you wanted to do something a bit different, you could go Dragon Claw/BF or Tiger Strike/BF. I think either of those would be quite a bit more challenging than Talon.