FC Werebear
I've been using FC Werebears since 1.10 came out with pretty good success. I have just been lacking something and I dont know what it is, I know for a fact I screwed up on this druid but I would like to know what to do when I remake him. I'll list my stats and skills and equip and feel free to lend me your advice.

Werebear Level 85
Skill:

20 Fissure
20 Firestorm
20 Molten Boulder
20 Fire Claws
1 Volcano
5 Werebear
15 Lycanth
1 Oak Sage
4-5 Prereqs

Equip:

850+ Chains Superior Wyrmhide/1500+ Stone Dusk Shroud
4/5 FFacet Jalals on Death
5/5 FFacet Stormshield on Death
Angelic Amulet
Angelic Ring
Raven Frost 240+/19
36/12% Verdungos
Imp Shanks
Bloodfist
110% ias, 15% ed, +120 Ar Phase Blade

Charms:

7 Shapeshift Gcs (6 Life/1 Dex(+3) 11/12/24/34/27/21)
The Rest 19-20 Life Small Charms with Res/Ar/Fhr/Frw
11/13/6 Annihilus

Stats:

This is where Ill need some assistance, I messed up my current druids stats because I didn't get Chains until later so I used a high str armor.

Basic Stats/Damage:

9k-11k Damage
4.5k Life without Oak/5.2k Life With Oak
4.5k Def With Chains/5k+ With Stone
15k Ar/19k+ With Demon Limb Enchant
400 Mana
80% Fhr
4FPS Attack Speed
45% Frw

Any help is welcomed, thank you for your time. :)

sGhulk@UsWest Non-Lad
-Hulk
Hi Hulk,

I wouldn't really call this fire claws druid messed up. You mention you think something is missing, but you can't put your finger on it; are some monsters causing you trouble? Are you attempting pvp with this build and failing? Aside from your sorrow at putting a few too many points in str, it's unclear where you're having issues which are causing you to feel this druid isn't right. There are certainly some tweaks you could consider, but this build should certainly be rocking the sanctuary suburbs.

That said, I have a few suggestions.

Firstly, skill point allocation. You quote 106-107 (dependant on prereqs) skill points allocated at 85. I imagine this is a mistake - do you mean lvl 95? As you'll only hit 110 skill points when you reach 99, you'd be a wonder to have all those points so soon :) Assuming you do mean 95, I'm impressed you've got so far whilst still feeling there's something lacking from your build!

Dependant on whether you play mostly pvp or pvm you may want to go for an even more strict 'max synergy' build, and look to maxing volcano rather than going with the points in lycan/bear. I don't really consider that a necessity though, your damage is fine as-is, just a suggestion since you're looking for tweaks.

On Equipment, you list "Imp Shanks", since these aren't a unique item I'm infering that you're assuming we're familiar with the oft-duped US West Rare boots (30frw, 20fhr, 49%lit res 22%psn res 35% fire res)? We don't deal with dupes here at the LL, so my advice would be to ditch these. There are several other good boots you could go with. Not only rares, but also some uniques such as sandstorm trek or waterwalks for life/dex. Bloodfist are good gloves, but you could consider others too, souldrainer or draculs grasp can be useful - again, just throwing ideas at an already great setup.

Again, dependant on where you play this druid, you could swap out the raven for a second angelic ring (more likely for pvp than pvm). You could also go for a 110%IAS/Resist phase blade if you play HC, or just get a kick out of high res, although the two 15% ias jewels your using in it seem reasonable enough anyway!

On the skill points strength score, I don't see it as too much of a blow, I certainly don't build my chars with the precise min str req they need, I tend to find it hampers my growth if I'm not twinking until late, and I enjoy using the early levels to hone my skill usage.

In summary - Great druid, I can only suggest some minor tweaks. Ditch the duped boots and enjoy playing up a new druid if you decide to make one - In my experience, learning your strengths and weaknesses comes from progressing your character through the game and getting through the challenges diablo throws at you.

Regards,
30ftSmurf
Yeah sorry about the skills, I wasn't able to get on DiabloII and check just how many skill points have been used so I ball parked it, plus it was 4 in the morning. ^^ But yeah Imps are duped but I find them to be really handy because of the resistances and fhr/str. I dont prive duel I'm a pubber so 1 duped item isn't much of a problem, and if my apponent complains I'll just pop on 1.10 Aldur Boots.

The reason I think the str is one of the main things I messed up on is because hes a VitaDruid, he needs only the str charms/items give him to use his overall items. I need a lot of life to compete in pubby duels. Trying to break 6k life is very hard for the items I have for him.

But thank you for your opinion and advice, It'll come in handy when I remake him. Take care.

Hulk
Quote:But yeah Imps are duped but I find them to be really handy because of the resistances and fhr/str.

This is a useful place and it is full of great people. However, if you want to enjoy yourself while you're here, it would probably be a good idea to keep that attitude to yourself. Loungers pride themselves on their refusal to damage the gaming experience by altering its boundaries (outside of legitimate modding, of course, but that's another matter). Anyways, I would suggest that you read the forum 'rules' at http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forumrules.shtml for more information. Like I said, this is a nice place, and many of the people are most likely more knowledgable than almost anywhere else on the 'net; however, there are a few 'rules'.

Edit: No. 6 on Elric's etiquette link: "Do not advertise cheating in any way, especially duping - most posters are 100% legit so such posts are not allowed; feel our wrath!"
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
I don't recall ever saying I support duping or dupe myself, now did I? Nor am I advertising it, I posted my gear and a member commented on it and I commented back. You seemed to miss what I said after what you quoted me on, check and see what it is that I said. :huh:

But if this is going to "upset" members to the point of tears I'll "Keep my attitude to myself" whatever that means.

I didnt think Id be met with hostility comming here for help, guess I overlooked the impact a pair of duped boots would have on the masses, Armageddon.
Hulk
Let's put in simpler terms.

Using dupes is cheating. You use dupes, so you're a cheater. Cheaters are not welcome here.
Quote:I didnt think Id be met with hostility comming here for help, guess I overlooked the impact a pair of duped boots would have on the masses, Armageddon.

Troops under Hitler followed very short specific rules. This way they were 'only doing x' such as digging a hole. Or building a wall. So when people were held in the walls, before being shot and thrown in the ditch, the troops didn't feel responsible. Did you shoot the people? No. The same way you didn't physically dupe the items. Did you support it by digging the ditch? Yes. Its really arrogant and borderline ignorant to deny that using duped items supports duping.

Its a similar attitude that is the reason behind the extremely poor voter turn out in the United States; "it's one vote, it doesn't matter."

There was very limited hostility in his post. Also, as far as "overlooking" what you overlooked were the forum rules. By the same logic, speed limits dont count for me as long as I just don't look at them.

But I feel Adyeke said it best. If you still disagree, well then . . .

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Cheers.
Munkay,Aug 6 2004, 08:38 PM Wrote:Or building a wall.  So when people were held in the walls, before being shot and thrown in the ditch, the troops didn't feel responsible.  Did you shoot the people? No.  The same way you didn't physically dupe the items.  Did you support it by digging the ditch?  Yes.  Its really arrogant and borderline ignorant to deny that using duped items supports duping.
This might seem contentious, so I'm going to cover myself first by explicitly acknowledging some things (in no particular order)...

1. This is a private forum, with rules of conduct (occasionally people will use "rules" of "good behavior" to be rude by browbeating others, which is not intended in this thread, of course)

2. One of the LL "rules"/core-values is to be "anti-cheat"

3. I see no fault in the *logic* of your post/argument, which I enjoyed reading

However... (always a "however", eh?)

Many people would have a little trouble jumping from "shooting people" to "duping items" in a game. It is not just a question of degree of "cheating" that I'm raising, but one of whether rule #2 above is to be qualified with complexities about "victimless crime" etc. etc.

Blade Runner, A.I. and I, Robot all toy with the issue of "what is human" in the sense of "person vs. it" aka who/what deserves moral protection/courtesy/rights. That is the kind of issue I'm raising here.

To wit, I don't believe D2 qualifies as "human" so I'm not inclined to consider messing with the D2 code in any way as "harm" in that sense. (And whatever their lawyers may contend about restricting fair use et al the actual "policy" of the co. w.r.t. their D2 I.P. has been to encourage exploration/modding).

So my particular anti-cheat (and thefore D2) stance is no different than my anti-PK stance... I don't care for behavior that unnecessarily harms other *people* (IRL) even though the behavior is transmitted via a *game*. Note, however, that Blizzard designed and runs the game such that one of the "rules" allows PK/grief behavior (and even rewards it).

I am not a big fan of arguments that are (in my view) trapped into an appeal to "god" as in "but Blizzard's intent was...". Obviously one *could* plausibly say that Blizzard didn't intend duping. But I am far more interested in seeing (calm, polite) arguments saying duping is harmful (to *people*) in such and such a context.

Once this is communicated to an "errant" poster, s/he will at least see the basis for the LL community to dislike expending reading/writing/reply effort on behalf of someone who engages in such behavior (or encourages/justifies it, etc.).

While this is potentially a great deal more effort than simply pointing to a "No Cheaters here!" sign, imo it does help avoid descent into mindless rules following... the potential dangers of which are more than amply indicated in your Hitler's Germany example.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Very good point indeed, and I enjoy that you moved this post in this direction. :)

I hate to disappoint hopes of a large debate, for I was intending rather to show the dangers of this mentality (the "one person doesnt make a difference" mentality), by using a more vivid and more powerful scenario. I agree that duping is not on the same level of 'bad' (supposing we could rate and compare) as shooting people.

As far as the greater point discussed, I agree that a scenario involving a human aspect will be more potent than any scenario involving inanimate objects. I beleive this purely for the fact that human emotion (fortunately or unfortunately) always plays a role in our 'evaluation.'

I'll go a bit further after a nap, I've had an exhausting day :P

Cheers,
Munk
I would like to start out by saying that the duping issue is one that only blizzard can fix. There are way too many ppl on bnet that want these exceptional items with rediculous mods for them to ever go away. One may say, "If everyone gets together and desides not to use dupes..." no. It won't happen. It is an ideal goal of many ppl on bnet but it just won't happen. To solve duping problems Blizzard is just going to have to implement more ways to remove dupes.

I would also like to bring up another little tid-bit. I have done a little thinking about dupes and lgts while playing D2. It has been a big subject between my friends and I. Think about why ppl want dupes. The sick mods are basically it. Now think about most of the ppl (i think anyway) that use dupes are new to the game. In my experience anyway. After a period of time the dupe fase wears off for most ppl and they try to get the super uber godly lgts. These however have made me do some thinking.

Think of a person who plays as much as I do (way way way too much). Think about how much time they spend looking for better items by mfing and just simply playing the game. I pride myself on using the best gear that i can find or trade for. But even though I play as much as I do, I will most likely never find myself a windforce or gf. These items i consider to be more or less "dupes". Now i know you might think i am crazy but hear me out. Think of the % chance one has of finding an uber lgt item. Think about how many ppl actually do find these items. The extremely lucky few that do find them are rare. So rare that the freakin item is worth way more than most duped items ever get.

I may be straying from my point but it is late so forgive me.
My point is that these super uber items to me may be found in the game, yes, but there is such a low % chance to do find them that I feal they can be considered not able to find. Crazy talk? Maybe. But next time you are mfing for about a month or two and still can't find that one item which you want don't just give up and trade for it. Why? Because if you don't find the items yourself then it is the same as someone duping it and you trading for it.

Example.
Last week I was looking for Aldur's boots. I couldn't find them at all so I decided to trade for them. I made a couple good offers in trade channels and it took me a couple minutes to find someone to trade. Just as I was goin to trade for them someone msged me to ask if I wanted them. I said I was trading for them already and thanked him but he then said he was going to give them to me for free. Of course I immediately joined his game and sure enough he gave them to me for free. I thanked him and asked if he wanted something in return to which he replied saying that he didn't believe in trading. He only gives away items that he finds. I couldn't believe it but it was true. He told me that if he didn't find the item then it wasn't the same. He was very nice and after we chatted for a while he gave me a mule full of other items that he didn't need. (most of which were set items and uniques that were very helpful to me) I thanked him and obtained a new look at the world of items in D2.

Giving away items is not new to me, I give 90% of my items away to those which could use them, but the idea of a person getting items which they (at there current state in the game) could not recieve is kinda like them getting dupes. I think. Many times I will take characters into games and unload about a dozen items or more onto the ground. Most of the time just to clear inventories or mules I am gonna delete. People are so happy to recieve these items because to them they are great items that they havent' seen before and can use later on in the game. If people recieve items like this where they are unable to actually find the item(s) in the game I definately consider it a "duped" item.

Ok so this is probably way more than anyone will read but if you do i hope it was worth it. This reply in no way states that I am in support of all the duped items out on bnet, it just states a different view on "duped" items.

And to think all this talk about duping on a FC werebear topic lol

-NeoD

P.s.
If you think the duping is a problem in LoD you should try playing classic d2. about 80% or more items are duped. OUCH!
Haha

Didn't think people took this game this seriously, comparing it to voter turnout and hitlers regime. Wow I didn't think so many people didnt have a life, guess I was wrong. Enjoy overreacting over a game built and maintained for pleasure and fun.

A friendly tip: Go outside. Much bigger issues to complain about other than a pair of duped boots, by the way I cam here for suggestions on gear, all I needed was a "find a pair of legit boots it'll make your character more unique". So funny. :D

Adios losers

Good luck trading for a nonduped rune or jewel also.
What another charming example of the old "get a life" argument :rolleyes:.
Why thank you. :]

The End, hopefully.

::Puts on Fire Absorb for Flamers::
Hulk,Aug 7 2004, 08:58 PM Wrote:Why thank you. :]

The End, hopefully.

::Puts on Fire Absorb for Flamers::
Goodbye! No need to troll though ;). Wish you luck in whatever you do.

Cheers,

Munk
Wow someone who isn't filled with negativity, very refreshing. Thank you.
Well, friend, I was never actually negative! Merely trying to make your stay more enjoyable. As for "going outside"...

I would actually think that dupers and those who repeatedly use dupes most likely have less perspective on the game than does the average lurker. We like to keep the game pure because that way it stays fresh, fun, and cooperative. Most of us aren't "gamerz", per se. We like to play games for the fun of it, not to establish ourselves on some "haxxor" hierarchy of "1337-ness".

Cheers.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II