HOW DO I TRANSFER BETWEEN CHARACTERS
Hello to all. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to transfer items between characters using a single computer. I don't have a LAN and don't know how to use battle.net. Please help. Thanks :)
It seems you have an even more pressing issue. Your caps lock was apparently on while you typed the subject line. You can detect this by looking at the caps lock indicator light on your keyboard. Pressing the caps lock key turns it off.
The only way I know of to transfer items in single player is through a third party program.

The Phrozen Keep is a great resource with plenty of options, including 1.10 UDIE2 Version 11 (Final). I've found this to be incredibly helpful in testing out characters in single player. It offers an awful lot of editing capabilities, including importing and exporting items (Export and save an item from one character, then Import onto a new character). This also negates the need for "Mule" characters, for items can be kept in file format and loaded when needed.

You can find the Character Editor files here: Phrozen Keep

Cheers, and as adeyke said, lay off the Caps Lock key next time ;)

Munk
Thanks for the help. It worked. :D
Another nifty program that transfers stuff is called 'Plugy.' You can xfer stuff in game, without even exiting diablo 2! You just click the 'next character' button on your stash and it rolls over to the next characters' outfit and stash.
:rolleyes: Try this make a private game stqy in it for five minutes then drop a couple gold or a pot go out tand then back in game will stay active as long as u keep going out and coming back fairly quickly one hint bnet will kick u off after about five characters if u dont go into another game for a second been using this for three years and works everytime
;)
[QUOTE] I dont believe half of what i see and none of what i hear MW
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date...002-10-11&res=l
Boo-Boo,Sep 7 2004, 04: Wrote::rolleyes: Try this make a private game stqy in it for five minutes then drop a couple gold or a pot  go out tand then back in game will stay active as long as u keep going out and coming back fairly quickly one hint bnet will kick u off after about five characters if u dont go into another game for a second been using this for three years and works everytime
;)
He is talking about single player if you read it through , you cannot do that in SP :P . Also it is not a surefire way of transferring items on b.net , in the past week alone I have lost a lot of stuff muling alone :angry:

Take care
Take care
ATMA for all your muling needs and more

--T
hakai_no_tenshi,Sep 9 2004, 05:17 PM Wrote:ATMA for all your muling needs and more.
This is a pretty good program. It's only shortcoming in my book is that it doesn't support expanded stash type mods, so if you like using them, prepare to place all your stuff into the unexpanded squares or ATMA will likely delete them. It's annoying, but still better than most other options, and it doesn't crash or corrupt files. (At least not when running under Win98SE.)
Smoketest,Sep 15 2004, 01:05 AM Wrote:This is a pretty good program. It's only shortcoming in my book is that it doesn't support expanded stash type mods, so if you like using them, prepare to place all your stuff into the unexpanded squares or ATMA will likely delete them. It's annoying, but still better than most other options, and it doesn't crash or corrupt files. (At least not when running under Win98SE.)
Heh, I did not write ATMA with mods in mind. While this is a question that keeps on coming up, my quick response is why one would need an expanded stash when you have an infinite (well, almost) ATMA stash?

--T
It would be possible to make an open battle.net game and transfer. However, there's always that risk factor.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
hakai_no_tenshi,Sep 15 2004, 05:25 PM Wrote:While this is a question that keeps on coming up, my quick response is why one would need an expanded stash when you have an infinite (well, almost) ATMA stash?
My quick response is that it reduces the number of muling sessions and thus provides more convenience.

I like having big inventories for handling all my exploration needs, and only mule when I have a good-sized collection of stuff that I'd like to put in the closet for use later or by another character. Only then do I break out ATMA. Because ATMA doesn't support expanded inventories, I have to use it twice as often as I could if it did support them.

In D1 I used the ground's 128 item limit for extra storage while adventuring. In D2 I use an expanded stash and character inventory (two extra rows), since you can't keep stuff on the ground anymore, and the default stash is ridiculously small, IMO. (I'm spoiled on Bags of Holding, and other games that give me lots of inventory space.)
Well u prolly had caps on cause if u typed it properly it would work
MikethemizJR,Sep 20 2004, 04:14 PM Wrote:Well u prolly had caps on cause if u typed it properly it would work
Hi and welcome to the board!

We're always happy to see new players join our forum to discuss the fine arts of Diablo2.

Please make sure you read the Lurkerlounge forum rules as well as Elric of Grans guide to proper netiquette.

I'll highlight one important aspect:
Quote:4) Please post in real English. If English is not your first language (or even if it is *cough*), we do not mind spelling or grammatical errors...we do not mind typos from anyone either. However, we do not appreciate '|337 5|o33|<' or any unnecessary shortenings of English words - common abbreviations such as 'lvl' or 'dmg' are fine though. If you do not follow this rule, you will be flamed or ignored completely.

"U" and "prolly" are not words of the English language. This isn't just another Diablo2-forum. Unlike the rest of the battle.net-population, most of us actually consider how we express ourselves.

I hope you don't take this as an insult or as a statement about not wanting you here, as that is very much not the case. If you would like to be apart of this community, I suggest, for your own benefit, that you adhere to the rules and regulations our eminent leaders have made manifest.

Again, welcome; and have fun!
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Sep 21 2004, 11:31 AM] you adhere to the rules and regulations are eminent leaders have made manifest.
Do I win a prize for spotting the obligatory mistake in any post pointing out spelling/grammar errors? :-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Yes you do, sir.

Here, have this complementary banana!

[Image: banana.jpg]

edit: To my defence, the pronunciation of "are" and "our" are almost identical in RP (Received Pronunciation, aka "British English"). :)

edit#2: "Identicle". Really, I should have my head examined.
Quote:Here, have this complementary banana!

Wow, that's a big one. I'm not sure it'll fit on my mantelpiece...

Quote:To my defence, the pronunciation of "are" and "our" are almost identicle in RP (Received Pronunciation, aka "British English"). :)

Hmm, I'm British English and I pronounce it the same way as I do "hour", i.e. ow-er... :)
Well, I'm too lazy to pronounce the schwa (the little /eh/-sound the end of "hour" or "our"). I just stick to the monosyllabic version for both "our" as well as "are". (Well, if you have more than 1 syllable in "are", then you're clearly doing something wrong. :P)

By the way, how is your banana working out? Has it paid you any flattering complements yet? ;)
[ Wrote:Angel,Sep 21 2004, 05:02 PM] By the way, how is your banana working out? Has it paid you any flattering complements yet? ;)
Hey, I was just ignoring the spelling mistakes in your followup; but aside from compliment/complement, we can go with "identical" if you'd like ;-)

The banana is looking at me funny.