A few quick questions
Do mods on a weapon such as "level 9 fanaticism when equipped" stack when a paladin has another equipped aura?

Do act II mercenaries innate auras stack with auras given to them by certain weapons?

Do two equipped call to arms weapons stack properly with a barbarian ( that is, do they add +13 battle orders, +5 battle command, +7 battle cry, and +1 to all other skills?). If not what do they add if you have one on a barbarian, or two on a barbarian?

thanks in advance if anyone knows the answers to these questions.
Quote:Do mods on a weapon such as "level 9 fanaticism when equipped" stack when a paladin has another equipped aura?

Yes, assuming the auras are different. A paladin with a Beast weapon could activate Conviction and get the benefits of both auras.

Quote:Do act II mercenaries innate auras stack with auras given to them by certain weapons?

Yes, again assuming the auras are different. Putting a Bramble armour on a Might merc will yield both the Might and Thorns auras. You could add a Doom poleaxe and get Holy Freeze as well.

Quote:Do two equipped call to arms weapons stack properly with a barbarian ( that is, do they add +13 battle orders, +5 battle command, +7 battle cry, and +1 to all other skills?).

No. OSkill bonuses granted by armour or weapons are capped at +3 for any skills native to the character type using them. No matter how many CtA weapons you put on your Barb, you will never get more than +3 to each of BO, BCmd and BCry.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Grayloch,Aug 7 2004, 07:19 PM Wrote:No. OSkill bonuses granted by armour or weapons are capped at +3 for any skills native to the character type using them. No matter how many CtA weapons you put on your Barb, you will never get more than +3 to each of BO, BCmd and BCry.

-G.
What about Boneshade, the Unique Lich Wand? it grants:

+50% Damage To Undead
+2 To Necromancer Skill Levels (Necromancer Only)
+1-2 To Bone Spirit (Necromancer Only) (varies)
+2-3 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only) (varies)
+2-3 To Bone Wall (Necromancer Only) (varies)
+4-5 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only) (varies)
+4-5 To Teeth (Necromancer Only) (varies)

+25% Faster Cast Rate

Do the skills Bone Armor and Teeth get capped at +3? Perhaps I am misunderstanding your reply, in which case please excuse my ignorance and clearify a bit more?

Cheers

Munk
Those aren't oskills. oskill bonuses are those that aren't class-specific. For example, the war cry bonuses on Call to Arms are oskills, since even non-barbarians benefit from them. However, oskills are capped at 3 for the class that owns them (this also applies to mercs).
Thanks for the explaination. I try to do my best to stay some what educated by reading posts here, but I must have missed discussion of OSkills.

Truthfully, I thought the "O" was a typo. :o

Armed with an increasing education,
Munk
I've also heard that using two CtA weapons on a barb causes them to not stack properly. Is this true?
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
That has already been explained in this thread.

oskills are capped at 3 for the class that owns them. That refers to the total amount of that oskill, from all items. For example, no matter how many items with a BO oskills a barbarian has, and no matter how big the bonus is on each item, he'll never get more more than a total of +3 from all of it.
Are there still +3 to all skill javelins (or any other items? - magical?) that barbs use to up their 'shout' type skills they have... as to get a +6 to BO BC and shout? or do they not have those anymore/they do not stack like that anymore?

If not - is CTA and a +1 shield the best setup for a war cry barb? (in terms of adding skills)?

Is the magic/fire/coldghtening resistance cap at 95%? If not what is it?

Is the physical damage reduction capped at 50%? 75%? or something else?
I'm pretty sure PDR is capped at 50% and M/F/C/L resistances are capped at 80% (with items that add to MAX. resistance). . . .
For maximum war cry bonuses, a barbarian would have to use one Call to Arms and one echoing weapon. The Call to Arms would give the +3 to the three specific skills and +1 to all skills, while the echoing weapon would give +3 to all war cries. So those three war cries would get +7 total from that setup.

The echoing prefix can spawn on (magic) barbarian helms, amulets and any weapon other than missile weapons (bows and crossbows), rods (staves, wands, and scepters), or non-barbarian class-specifics (claws, orbs, and amazon weapons).

For players, the resistances are normally capped at 75%, but +max resistance gear (or base points in the Paladin's single-resist auras) can raise this maximum up to 95%. Note that there is no gear that gives +maximum magic resistance, and the only item that gives magic resistance is a safety crafted shield. So for magic resistance, you really either have 0% (if you don't have a safety shield) or 5-10% (if you do have a safety shield).

Physical resistance is capped at 50%.
Thanks for the information.

Now I just need a magic 148 defence monarch and the luck of a 30% defence and +10% magic damage reduction cube roll. This, for a total of a 192 defence safety shield. And some echo gear...and some high runes...and...
The defense of the input item doesn't matter. Only the base item and the ilvl affect the outcome of the craft.

Also, if a piece of armour has enhanced defense (on the item itself, not sockets), its base defense becomes the max possible base defense + 1. So all safety crafted shields have 149 "base" defense.
I was wondering what is the max critical strike / crushing blow a character can have? how is the critical strike in 1.10 for a barb. different from how it was in 1.09?
There's no cap on those properties, so you're just limited by skills and equipment (and, of course, you can't have a percent chance above 100%).

In 1.09, barbarians with even a single points in their mastery had 100% critical strike. This was fixed for 1.10, so they now get just the listed amount.