Realm Down
I get a realm down everytime I've exited a baal game, has happened everytime in the last 5 games I've been in, same game and everything, I made a new game with a pass and it still happened, has anyone encountered this before?

I know this isn't a technical forum, but I forgot my key so I cant post at battle.net.

Any help is welcomed.

Hulk
About the only thing I could suggest would be to re-install, but if you've lost your cd-key, that could be a bit of a problem. You could possibly try to fix it by downloading the 1.10 dll files off Phrozenkeep and see if they help. After that I don't have a clue.

As for Blizzard technical support... Well, the only thing they seem to be capable of doing is telling you to reinstall the game or that the problem is your own fault and not the game's.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
I hate to harp on a sore topic but, I wonder if your still using those duped boots and if thats the reason your having trouble entering b.net.
No and no. Realm downs are for creating games too fast, and then possibly getting your IP/cd-key tagged and extra restrictions put on. And, they can be for whenever the realms are actually down, but that's rare.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Hi

Just wondering: If I created some crafted uber-boots and decided to rename them "Imp Shanks" with the Nilathak reward, would Battle.Net accept them as legit? :blink:
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Assur,Aug 31 2004, 04:04 AM Wrote:Hi

Just wondering: If I created some crafted uber-boots and decided to rename them "Imp Shanks" with the Nilathak reward, would Battle.Net accept them as legit? :blink:
That quest reward doesn't let you rename items, it only adds your character's name to the front of the item name. Basically, it would change "Black Tower Key" to "Assur's Black Tower Key".
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Also, while I don't know exactly how the dupe detector works, I do know that it doesn't just go by the name.

1 in 37 rare/crafted boots will be Imp [something]. 1 in 11 rare/crafted boots will be [something] Shank. That means 1 in 407 rare/crafted boots will be Imp Shanks. Those odds really aren't bad. It's thus rather likely that if you play a lot of D2, that at least one of the boots you find will be called Imp Shank, even though it has nothing to do with the dupe.
Didn't Jarulf talk about the change to seed structure for LoD a long while back? They would just be looking for items with a duplicate seed, but not sure when and how wide the net is cast.
EDIT: User will be banned momentarily. -Lem
whyBish,Aug 31 2004, 06:22 AM Wrote:Didn't Jarulf talk about the change to seed structure for LoD a long while back?  They would just be looking for items with a duplicate seed, but not sure when and how wide the net is cast.
Each item - As in, every item on the whole of the realms - has a unique indentifier tag within the data that carries the rest of the item information. From what I recall, anyway. The ability to destroy such items comes from the searching out of those duplicated tags, but, that's a lot of information to sift through, which is why I imagine they don't do it every day.

I think the net itself is pretty tight.

But then, Jarulf would know far better than I. Or one of the other coderinos.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
Taeme,Sep 1 2004, 12:37 PM Wrote:that's a lot of information to sift through, which is why I imagine they don't do it every day.
Well, that's what I meant by when and how wide, I heard at one stage it would check when a user entered a game all of their items and those of other users already in the game(i.e. much less to sift through traded off against being less effective than a full scan) ... but no-one except Blizzard can say what they are doing now as the anti dupe code will be on the realm servers only.
During the 1.09 mass duping of 1.08 items (and other items as well), it was that whenever a player joined a game, if someone else in the game already had the same item seed, the person's who just joined would disappear. There was also another one where whenever there were two duplicate items in a game, the one that left the game first would be saved on the character, while any that left after would not be saved. I have no idea if they had both of these on at the same time or not.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Hulk,Aug 13 2004, 02:15 PM Wrote:I get a realm down everytime I've exited a baal game, has happened everytime in the last 5 games I've been in, same game and everything, I made a new game with a pass and it still happened, has anyone encountered this before?

I know this isn't a technical forum, but I forgot my key so I cant post at battle.net.

Any help is welcomed.

Hulk
It's from your cd loading too slowly, trust me! I got it all the time too, and occasionally after killing Diablo and taking the red portal. You can try copying d2xmusic.mpq and d2xchar.mpq from the LoD cd into your Diablo directory and that *should* help if I'm not mistaken. I personally use D2Loader for its ability to play the game off of my hard drive. As far as I know there was a discussion on cheats and hacks here at the Lounge not too long ago (about a year ago) and D2Loader was considered a utility like d2accelerator, not a cheat, because you still need a valid cdkey to use it; I will not give out any links however, because I don't know of any sites that host it that don't also host nefarious programs - in other words, don't ask.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I thought I would try that idea , I have copied over the d2xmusic.mpq but cannot find the d2xchar.mpq , it's probably staring at me but I dont see it :P

Take care

Edit: Just to say I have had a Realm down for the last 20 minutes and I hear from a friend , he uses D2loader and still gets constant realm downs :(
Take care