Realm Down often. Why ?
Hi.

Why ?

Irritating. !! :(

Monsterblaster
Its possible you are triggering anti-bot triggers by switching characters too fast, or joining too many games in a 5 minute span. Even typing too fast in channels can boot you, and that boot often leads to a realm down.

I haven't been playing much during the day, but I have yet to get a realm down. Bnet has been screwy (has it ever not been?) recently, so perhaps there have been realm downs recently.

Either way, try slow char switching, slower join games, and no spamming. If you aren't doing any of those three, then this technical genius is stumped.

Not a technical genius,
Munk
OK thanks. I will try to slow down.............even more.

Monsterblaster :D
Hiya , Actually my friends and I are getting them quite a lot too here on Europe , and a lot of the times this can come after being in a game for quite some time , leave game , booted to connect to game screen , put in account name , realm down , sometimes for a long period of time , which is extremely annoying .

Take care
Take care
Raven Vale,Aug 17 2004, 11:17 AM Wrote:Hiya , Actually my friends and I are  getting them quite a lot too here on Europe , and a lot of the times this can come after being in a game for quite some time , leave game , booted to connect to game screen , put in account name , realm down , sometimes for a long period of time , which is extremely annoying .

Take care
This happened to me as well (almost exactly). I play uswest. BTW, a realm down type ban can last anywhere between 5mins and 24hours. :ph34r:
Anti-bot triggers? Would anyone know exactly how many character selection changes are allowed in the 5-minute time period before you get the "Realm Down" message?

I've noted when muling stuff that I often get Realm Down (since I typically like to sort stuff to various mules and thus keep switching between the mules).

I'm not sure how long it takes before you can resume connecting to B.Net again though. Sometimes when I get Realm Down, I find the simplest solution is to disconnect from my ISP and redial (since I'm using a dial-up modem connection only) the Internet Service Provider (I think this gives me a new IP address?) and then I can log in to B.Net again without Realm Down.
Well , I wish it would change my IP on cable , I just lost a few runes Muling and getting realm down , but no amount of dc'ing would let me log in :angry: no biggie though , better luck next time :P

Take care
Take care
EDIT: Banned for advertising cheating website. -Lem
More annoyingly, unless it's changed (I haven't tried in awhile) you are ip banned from that server period. That includes other games you try to log on with so you can't even quickly load up starcraft and get a friend to hold your game. :angry:
I know you're banned for about 5-10 minutes when you change characters too fast. This often happens when you're muling, and you don't want to put out your friend who's holding the game open more than you have to. You try to be economical with the time, but you're only making it worse by getting yourself banned and having to rely on your friend for staying in the same game for 10+ minutes.

I just got a big one (a long realm down-period, you filthy git! :P) I was pindle-running. I did 15 in a row relatively fast, and I've had realm down for about an hour now. It's relatively annoying, but it does give me time to do some other stuff, such as being moderately humerous and interesting on various Internet boards ;)

I've never had a realm down-period this long before. I wonder if they've implemented some new anti-botter software server-side, or if it's just me pindlerunning at a faster rate. Anywho, it's been over an hour, it's 1 o'clock at night and I'm torn between beddie-by and waiting another hour to see if I could pull off another 15 runs before sleep sets in.

edit: Minor corrections - prepositions are your friend. Ask for a pamphlet today!

edit#2: I did a restart, got back in. Played 5 more runs, got another realm down. Now I'm slightly irked. I did another restart, but it didn't help. The realm was still down. Almost 02.00 in the morning. I suppose I could sleep, but I just don't want to. Found a nice 500dmg ethereal highland blade with a lvl req of 44 or something, which was quite nice.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw