Is the beast runeword worth it for a Necrcomancer
Hi all

I just found a Mal rune and I may be able to trade for a Ber rune. Does anyone have experience using a Best runeword with a skellemancer? Did you notice any real increase in killing speed (besides placebo ;) ) ?
I guess a best runeword would aslo be good for a druid summoner.

Best Regards
Are old ladder season 1 runewords enabled in single player?

If so your best bet is to be empirical; get an editor like UDIE II over at phrozen keep, replicate your realm char and test out rune words to your delight.

Its helped me enormously in the past. No matter what advice you get, the best advice is always gained from personal experience.

Cheers,

Munk
All runewords are in SP except the four realms-only words (Splendor, Duress, Wind, and Prudence) and the new season 2 words (none of which are known).
Ok thx for the advice. Sad thing i didnt get it to work thoug.
Quote:Are old ladder season 1 runewords enabled in single player?

he never said he was in SP...
Try reading more than one line of a post before you reply to it next time.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
QuickShifter,Aug 16 2004, 05:03 PM Wrote:Does anyone have experience using a Best runeword with a skellemancer?
Getting somewhat back on track with the topic... I don't have any experience with the Beast runeword on a skelmancer, but I do have some when working with Fanat. The increase in damage is going to be fairly negligable, though it will be coupled with a nice AR boost and a decent ias boost (I have no idea where skeleton breakpoints are). With the added AR from fanat, you should be able to not need a BA merc for it's AR and could get yourself a Might merc (or Thorns if you want to live safely, but if you're making a Beast, then a Bramble might not be *too* hard to get) and that will increase your killing speed significantly (Skels on their own without an AR aura tend to not hit that much).
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
I had a beast war scepter in season 1. I made some empirical tests comparing it against an arm of king leoric. And yes, beast runeword makes minions notoriously stronger.

Even tho they get less life because the less +skills, the damage is compensated by the -low- fanaticism bonus, and increased by the speed and attack rate. They miss less hits, and keep most monsters into perpetual stun.

If I had any doubts about the runeword's power, they vanished after fightining hell Baal several times. The time used to get him down came to be a little higher than the time used by a -well equiped- fanatic zealot.
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Hi Nicator and thanks for sharing the experience with this intriguing runeword.
From Your experience it seems that skelletons actually do get a better breakpoint in attack speed from the fanatism. I would also guess that the percentual increase in attack rating combine well with the statical attack rating given by Raise Skelleton.

I wonder if a perfect Bul Kathos ring and a very good dual leech ring would net me a Ber rune?

Best Regards.
Hi QuickShifter,

Quote: I would also guess that the percentual increase in attack rating combine well with the statical attack rating given by Raise Skelleton.

I can't say for sure what's the real difference. But if I have to make a guess, I would say that skellies attack every 14 frames, and with Beast they reach 12 frames per attack (numbers based on my experience with act 5 mercs using different swords and auras, for whom I know what is their real attack speed).

What is more important is that they miss little. Without AR boost you'll notice they swing and miss often. With Beast they miss little and, either by this or by the enhanced damage, they literally become flesh eaters.

Now, instead of wondering how it looks, I suggest finding a friend building a fanatic paladin and party with him for some time. That may give you a better idea if the Ber is worth the difference. Another posibility is to use an editor in single player and make yourself a test necro with a beast weapon; that way you may take times to finish monsters or clear areas and establish by yourself the advantages of such runeword.

Quote:I wonder if a perfect Bul Kathos ring and a very good dual leech ring would net me a Ber rune?
Currently, a 5% BK ring can get you an Ist. Ber goes for 4-5 Ists. It has to be a very good dual leech ring with high resistances, life, strenght and such to get you a high rune or several Ists... although yes, it is possible.

Regards ;)
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Quote:QUOTE
I wonder if a perfect Bul Kathos ring and a very good dual leech ring would net me a Ber rune?

Currently, a 5% BK ring can get you an Ist. Ber goes for 4-5 Ists. It has to be a very good dual leech ring with high resistances, life, strenght and such to get you a high rune or several Ists... although yes, it is possible.

As someone who's been repremanded for answering someone's question about trade values, I would suggest stopping this conversation before it gets nuked. :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!