I'm looking for a new unique class to play....
I like Barbs, however I do not like WW. If there is a good barb build(without WW), I am not aware of it. I need to be able to solo things well, and preferably at least able to MF decently. I have most of the mainstream builds already, I'm looking for something that will work, but isn't very popular(like hammerdin, meteor sorcs, etc).
Berserkers can be fun; your damage is multiplied and converted to magic damage. The only problem here is that you WILL be hit a lot, so don't play hardcore. It's also a 1 hit, 1 attack skill, meaning your killing speed won't be particularly fast.

Double swing is a fast killer, but requires you to dual wield. I'm assuming you would have trouble in Hell (never brought a double-swing past NM)

Singers are non-combat barbs that use wow I forgot what it is; um its a level 30 skill that works like nova. It requires really good equipment though.

Concentrate is also a nice skill, but like Berserk, you won't kill very fast. Throwing Barbs are also viable.
what about frenzy? It has been said on this very forum that a well built frenzy barb has a better speed killing power than do WW barbs.

I was thinking to use fury swords (PB, BB, CB) (or axes), a BOTD (zerker or CB), or doom or beast rune word weapons.

Obviously 2 weapons equipped.

If you had a lot of life, some good damage reduction, life/mana steal and some really good defence I bet it could work well. (as well as good resistances).

But then...I know no one personally who has done it...
If your funds are unlimited *cough*, then Doom/Beast is a pretty killer combination. I'd recommend Scourges (to be unique), but to each his own :P

On a second note, I think Berserker Axes look totally wimpy on barbs and pallys. <_<
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
LPL2004,Aug 16 2004, 06:44 PM Wrote:I was thinking to use fury swords (PB, BB, CB)&nbsp; (or axes), a BOTD (zerker or CB), or doom or beast rune word weapons.

Obviously 2 weapons equipped.

If you had a lot of life, some good damage reduction, life/mana steal and some really good defence I bet it could work well. (as well as good resistances).
I'm having trouble thinking of a build that wouldn't do well given that list of goodies.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
If you could please explain some of those a bit :). I basically know what a berserker barb is, but there others I haven't heard of before. I've played D2 for a bit, but I've never been one to know alot of different builds, which is why I posted here :).
I love Frenzy, in many ways it's an utterly unique style

There are different approaches but mine is to love your speed. View faster/run walk and high ias as desireable

The play of it is very much living on your reflexes. You charge into a pack, moving from offscreen to melee range faster than they can chuck a missile. Then you see how you're doing for life
- if it's uncomfortable you charge out equally fast.

There's more to it of course

The key to this playstyle is always keeping Frenzy charged up. That means you have 6 seconds from killing the last of a pack to be hitting the next critter so you have to move fast. For that you need to use right mouse button attack

Please allow me the liberty of quoting myself with regard to right click attack:

Quote:OK take any character. Level 50 or level 1, doesn't matter. Map normal attack to the right mouse button. Start in the Rogue Camp in Normal. Move the pointer halfway across the screen and right click and hold. Your character will run towards the pointer.

Keep the mouse held down and don't release it. Navigate to the Cold Plains wp without once letting go. If you see monsters steer the character towards them and it will autotarget and kill them

Once you reach the Cold Plains we'll try a few more advanced techniques. Use hotkeys to change the skill from normal attack to other attacks and back. Get a feel for how quickly you can change to, say, Frost Nova, then back to normal attack. Practice using the alt key, still without letting go of the right mouse button. Lastly practice reading boss mods by manouevring the cursor above the boss while moving, letting go for just a moment to take a glimpse, then moving again to attack (or run, if needed, lol)

Some players go "Wow, however have I played without this". Some go "Ugh, it's soooo uncontrolled"

If you're one of the former Frenzy will be the most fun you have ever had playing the game. If you're one of the latter I would recommend not doing Frenzy but going Concentrate instead
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...showtopic=47062

Other great ideas include:

Draft Tourette's Barbarian Guide
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=1564&hl=taunt

Swarmalicious's Leap Attack Barbarian Guide
http://www.froglicker.net/d2/leap.html

There's lots of interesting Barb skills. I've done a Howl barb and a Bash Barb in addition to more conventional builds and enjoyed them a lot
I've got a trowing barb, and it ownz, u can easily do loads of damage.
My damage was about 5K with both hands, and trowing like some sicko
(found some nice rare trowing knives (elite ones) with normal damage of 90-360 and they rrrrocked) and wraith flight javalins, or any other uniq is real nice too!
its tons of fun too, also in PVP, with knives there like OMFG, cuz there so underestimated, i often kill em in a few hits :)
clicky <--- read it, it ownz.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
If your not careful I'm sure he too will break into the SAC missile control computer and turn your home town into a glowing glass parking lot.
Odd, that was neither more entertaining, nor funnier than the last time. If you're still sore about the last time I smacked you down, it's going to hurt a lot more then next time I beat you with the ClueStick.

gekko
Is that a threat?
Quote:Is that a threat?

Yes, i'm sure it was. I have no doubt that he intends to find out where you live, go to your house, and shoot your dog.
unrealshadow13,Aug 21 2004, 06:56 AM Wrote:Yes, i'm sure it was. I have no doubt that he intends to find out where you live, go to your house, and shoot your dog.
Hey, you're learning! :D
You don't know what you're talking about.
That was indeed a nice one unreal :)

keep it up!

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
That one, unreal, deserves a standing ovation.

And, just for the record, there is NO *sarcasm alert* before I say that.

*stands and applauds*

gekko
If you don't mind to play a rather passive char, then you could try a supporting singer. "Supporting" as in not maxing Warcry and its synergies but instead concentrate on Howl, Taunt, Grim Ward, BO and probably Shout.

You will not be able to kill on your own. Instead, you equip your Rogue as best you can. Then you taunt enemies towards you, so that the Rogue stays relatively safe and can pick them off. If you get hit too much, use Howl or Ward to scare monsters away. The Rogue won't mind, since she is ranged.

Act Bosses will be a problem, since a mercs' damage is reduced against them. Basically you run around the boss to keep him/her occupied. My Barb Vocals needed to do about 3 minutes of foot work to impress normal Mephisto and thus keep him away from his Rogue companion. Nightmare Andy took about 5 minutes. Using a shield to block might reduce the number of red potions used, but it would only be needed for act bosses, so I opted against one.
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."