New character idea
Here's some skills trees for a new character idea I made up awhile ago. It's from the amazon basin, and will take awhile to read.

Demon summoning:
level 1: demon worm: summons up to 10 small worms at level 20 that have low to medium hit points, low to medium damage, and steal life with every attack

level 6: imp: up to 5 small creature that shoots fireballs for low to medium damage and teleport, sort of like the creature imps

freed damned: small person like being, quickly throws small spear like things at enemies for low to medium damage that poison, at medium levels slow targets, and at hight levels can slow targets in an area and release damage in an area, and releases amplify damage, lower resist, or dim vision. more curses come above level 20. Gets equipment. low hit points, moves fast.
only one between damned, overseers, and lords can be summoned
prereques: demon worm

level 12: hellhound: fast creature, higher damage and hit points than worms but only 5 can be summoned. Does fire damage with attacks.
prereques: demon worm

level 18: Balrog: 3 possible summoned, higher fire ball damage and hit points than imps but can't teleport. Have a chance to do poison damage to enemies.
prereques: hellhound, imp

Overseer: looks like the act 5 ones. Has an aura that increases physical damage in an area, that's about the same as might. High hit points but low damage.
prereques: freed damned

level 24: energy beast: looks sort of like a balrog. Shoots area effect energy balls that do both fire and lightning damage for slightly more damage than a balrog. Also has about the same hit points.
prereques: balrog

lava creature: high hit points, medium physical damage, chance to do fire damage to attackers. Looks like a person made of lava.
prereques: hellhound

level 30: Lord: lower hit points than an overseer, but casts medium damage spells that can do lightning, fire, poison, and cold damage. Also has an aura that increases elemental damage on attacks in an area by about half the percentage of the overseer aura. (it doesn't decrease resistances or increase non-weapon spell damage)
prereques: energy beast, overseer

Doom Beast: Highest hit points of all these creatures, high physical damage, medium fire damage in attacks. Has a chance to cast lightning enchant, poison enchant (these work like sorceress's enchant except different elements), and lightning stun (works like shockwave on wearbears except a third the stun time and damage). Only enchants itself. Only one can be summoned.
prereques: lava creature, energy beast

Only 2 of the worm, hellhound, lava creature, and doom beast type monsters can be summoned (if there are 5 worms and a doom beast summoned, and the character summons a lava creature, either the worms or the doom beast will disappear)

Only 2 of the imp, balrog, and energy beast types may be summoned (works as the close combat types do)

Only 1 of the damned, overseer, and Lord creatures may be summoned at one time

Everone uses attack rating for regular attacks. Doom beast and Lord spells don't.

Synergies: worms add attack rating and damage, imps add fire damage, hellhounds add attack rating and speed, balrogs add resistance, lava beasts add defense, energy beasts add non fire elemental damage for for attacks and less damage for enchantments on doom beasts. Doom beasts add hit points.

All creatures get extra hit points, attack rating, and damage from increases in their own skill level. Synergies work better on lower level creatures. All summons except worms and imps should work fine with 20 points in them for support porposes, nd worms and imps should just need a few synergiesif used for support, probably by giving them bigger stats for hightmare and hell.

This tree would probably cause a lot of lag

Enchantmemts:

level 1: brute enchantment: adds a small to madium amount of physical damage to attacks and a small atack rating increase. Gets synergies from worms, doom beasts, lava beasts, and the third tree, which I haven't totally worked out yet.

agression anchantment: increases attack and casting speed by a small amount.

level 6: hunter's enchantment: increases damage and attack rating against animal type monsters. gets synergies from some third tree skills and Hellhound. prereques: brute enchantment

level 12: protector's enchantment: increases damage and attack rating against undead. gets synergies from freed damned and some rangd skills. prereques: hunter's enchantment

frenzy enchantment: Increases attack speed by slightly more than agresion enchantment and increases damage, but decreases defense by a percentage. lasts for a shorter time than agression enchantment. prereques: agression enchantment

level 18: fire enchantment: works like sorceress's enchant. gets synergies from some ranged skills, imp, and energy beast. prereques: brute enchantment, frenzy enchantment.

bloodlust enchantment: increases damage, attack speed, and attack rating, but causes a -5 life drain and lowers defense by more than frenzy. lasts shorter than frenzy enchantment. prereques: frenzy enchantment.

level 24: warden's enchantment: increases damage and attack rating against demons. prereques: protectors enachantment. gets synergies from ranged skills and Lord

level 30: lightning enchantment: adds lightning damage and attack rating to attacks. gets synergies from energy beast. prereques: fire enchantment.

possesion enchantment: increases attack speed, casting speed, and damage by more than the other enchantments, and more than any other types of spells like auras or warcries, adds a 2% life steal to spell damage, but takes away 10-70 (or some other absurdly large number) hit points per second. lasts a shorter time than bloodlust enchantment.

If this could be programmed with almost no bugs, if softcore players died while under this enchantment, they wouldn't loose the gold or experience they normally would, but if they died again within ten minutes or so (a long time is the idea I was thinking of) under this enchantment, the would loose what they normally would. Hardcore players instead of loosing the character if dying with this enchantment, would loose double the softcore losses, but would have the same ten minute wait.

If not, enchantment can't kill character but brings it only down to 1 hit point minimum.

prereques: bloodlust enchantment.

I don't want too many synergies for the enchantments because with either the demon or ranged synergies, the natural skill damageincrese would combine with the enchant increase for sort of a double return on investment, although this might not really be a problem.

Ranged tree that goes with my other two trees:

level 1:ranged mastery: increaes damage and attack rating when using ranged weapons.

level 6:electric arrow: adds lightning damage to an arrow and adds attack rating. gets damage synergies from shocking arrow, thunder arrow, and energy beast. gives damage synergies to lightning enchant, energy beast, and the lightning damage spells on Lord.

fire throw: adds fire damage to a throwing weapon and some attack rating. gets damage synergies from splatter, fire trail, balrog, imp, and energy beast. Gives synergies to fire enchant and all fire damage on demon summons.

level 12: snipe: halves attack speed, but multiplies damage from about 3 times to about 5 times at level 20, reduces the sight range monsters can see you at to 1/3 of what is normally, 2/3 for bosses and champs, and increases attack rating. Extra levels add damage and attack rating, and reduce the mana cost to 0 around level 10. Gets damage synergies from hellhound, worm, and doom beast. Gives synergies to warden's, hunter's, and protector's enchantments. (prereques: ranged mastery)

level 18: split: when ranged weapon successfully hits a target, 2-5 pieces of it fly off and hit monsters for more physical damage. If monster is bigger than a certain size, fragments hit it instead of flying away. also adds to attack rating and original weapon damage. Fragment damage gets synergies from shrapnel, doom beast, and lava beast. First hit damage gets synergies from snipe. gives synergies to worm, doom beast, and physical enchant. (prereques: snipe)

splatter: adds fire damage to a thrown weapon attack, more than fire throw, and if monster dies within 1 second of a successful hit, it explodes and deals 60-100% of it's hit points in damage to all monsters in a radius that increses with levels. fire damage gets synergies from fire throw and energy beast. corpse explosion gets synergy from lava beast. gives synergies to imp and balrog.(think opening act 5 cinematic for where this spell comes from) (prereques: fire throw, snipe)

Shocking arrow: adds a nova explosion from a monster on a successful hit. Gets synergies from electric arrow and energy beast. Gives synergies to electric arrow and lightning enchant, enchant synergy is half the electric arrow synergy. (prereques: electric arrow)

level 24: fire trail: thrown weapon leaves a line of fire on the ground where it passes over, if it successfully hits a monster, an exlosion happens, leaves a fire patch at the place it hit and a line that goes a certain distance back from the monster. size of patch, damage, and line length from back of monster depend on level. Gets synergies from Balrog and fire throw. gives synergies to imp, hellhound fire damage, and fire enchant but this synergy is less than the splatter synergy. (prereques: splatter)

level 30: thunder arrow: if attack hits, gives off from 2-5 chain lightnings that hit up to 5 times the same way regular chain lightning does. levels increase number of chain lightnings and damage. gets low synergies from electric arrow and energy beast. (energy beast made friends with the synergy gods as you can see) gives synergies to electric arrow and lightning enchant, the enchant synergy is less than the shocking arrow synergy. (can you guess what this spell is based off of)(prereques: split, shocking arrow)

shrapnel: increases damage and attack rating, and the graphic shows the arrow/knife/etc. splitting and doing a percentage of the damage to all monsters in an area. The area increases with level, the percentage is based on the total damage on the hit so it stays the same, but the damage increase and attack rating increas per level. (example: say a ranged weapon does 100 damage and the skill adds 100% damage and 66% is taken by shrapnel monsters. first monster takes 200 damage, monsters in the shrapnel take 134 damage. increase the skill level so it adds 140% to damage, the first monster takes 240 damage, the radius monsters take 160 damage) gets synergies from snipe and split. gives synergies to hellhound, lava beast. (prereques: split)

Unlike amazons, ranged weapons have to actually hit to release their effects, however, enchantments of the right type are applie to all damage done from spells except monster explosions. fire trail gets enchant applied to the hit, and per second in the flames. physical enchant is only counted for the first hit for shrapnel, it gets percented for the radius damage. lightning skills need a bow /crossbow to use, fire skills need a throwing weapon. physical skills can use any ranged. All these skills add attack rating.

I originally wrote this part up on the amazon basin but wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

New stuff: this character gets 3 life per vitality, 1.5 mana per energy (Or whatever amazons and paladins get) and starts with 15 strength, 25 dex, 20 vitality, and 20 mana

Not sure what I'd call it or what it would look like if by some wild chance it got made.

Edit: special items are demon skins that wrok as body armor. Examples: flesh beast skin, bloodbeast skin, balrog skin if they aren't already items.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
What character class is this?? I don't recognize any of those skills. Are they from items? Is it a necro?
unrealshadow13,Aug 17 2004, 11:19 PM Wrote:What character class is this?? I don't recognize any of those skills. Are they from items? Is it a necro?
Did you read the thread title?
Quote:RE: New character idea

---

I've also played with the thought of playing a (non-druid/necro) summoner. I guess it was the wizard and his familiar in NWN which turned me on to the idea. Phone blizzard and pitch your idea. Perhaps you'll get royalties.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Holy cats, that sounds like an awesome class.

You're probably building it around a char that can be put into a mod, right? If so, give nobbie a call ;)

I've also been thinking about new char classes, but nowhere near as thorough as this. Just basics. The thing is, all (or most) of the cool skill types have already been done. What more can you do other than melee, ranged, magic or summoning?

I was thinking of a shadowy thief kind of character, like a scavenger. All he does is steal life, specializes in magic find, maybe has a permanent hireling like a dog or something to fight for him? Also, hiding would probably be a big thing, like the assassin's thing but not blinding the monsters, actually disappearing or something.
"we have been sent to earth during this dark hour/
to help free the humans from the evil forces that are presently controlling them/
differentiate the holy men from the phony men/
only then will you see the patterns in the pandemonium"

- The Constructus Corporation
Nope, I just like making up changes to computer games I play. I wanted to see more types of ranged and summoning skills, since so little characters have them compared to straight magic or close combat, so I wrote down the demon summoning section to make up a new summoner, and somehow came up with the others. Whether it goes into a mod, regulkar game, or something else isn't something I was thinking about.

Thief idea sounds cool.

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Dood check out my idea it's pretty gosu.

Presenting... the Alchemist! Specializes in throwing potions and brewing potions. Has a skill tree devoted to making/converting potions, one that enhances the damage etc of throwing potions and one that... ??? any ideas?

I'm not together enough to list a bunch of skills, but there would be like skills like 'convert target potion into potion x', a lot of 1 point wonders. There could also be unique throwing potions.
yeeeeeees, the alchemist sounds great.

I hated the fact that there's stuff in d2 that doesn't get used, like the potions. Who ever actually plays with them? Show me these people. Send me your characters, I want to see how you play with throwing potions. :)

Let's hear more of this. Someone help think up some more skills/trees for this char? Possible class-only weapons?
to help free the humans from the evil forces that are presently controlling them/

Barbs can frenzy with throwing potions. Can they double swing? (somebody answer that)
The only attacks they can use with throwing potions are throw, left hand throw, double throw, and leap (leap doesn't use a weapon so it doesn't matter what weapon you're holding).
adeyke,Aug 21 2004, 12:22 AM Wrote:The only attacks they can use with throwing potions are throw, left hand throw, double throw, and leap (leap doesn't use a weapon so it doesn't matter what weapon you're holding).
Hmm, I don't think of Leap as an "attack" (no damage, afaik, just delivery of knockback AoE).

Sorry that I can't test it right now, but I vaguely recall Rabies (I know, I know, not a Barb skill) seeming to be available while holding a throwing potion recently (not sure though)... is there a relevant column in the mpq data to discern whether a throwing potion held dis/allows a particular skill?

p.s. re: crumpuppet's query: yes, I've been occasionally using throwing potions in *classic* (from shrine) for auto-hit kills of Andarial in NM by my clvl 19 shopper Find Item Barb (strangely, some Sorc always seems to have gotten there first and Static'ed her nearly to death ;) ).

Also the clvl 1 req fire potions are actually quite a twink for making clvl 8 weenie imbue chars (let em swarm you, then spam a couple pots) though I admit there are other ways to do that efficiently.

Alas the poison potion in classic doesn't have a long enough duration for my Sorc (clvl 62) to bother using it as an auto-hit pseudo PMH (no throwing weapons "of piercing" or Eth socketed bows in classic, you see, so my "non-existant" Dex is a problem for PMH delivery).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Any suggestions about the character if it were actually made?

Hi

I like the idea. Supposing you were pitching him for D3, I would suggest one storyline element. Since the char is capable of summoning demons that would put him on the dark side :ph34r: . How about if he was loyal to the defeated Prime Evils. That would put him in opposition both to the "good" heroes and the demons supporting the present Lords of Evil. Result: he is automatically hostile to all other players!

good karma

P.S. Signature over at the AB "Come to the Dark Side....we have cookies! :rolleyes:
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
sorry, doubleposted
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Cool idea. I was thinking of this as a new D2 character, but a storyline idea is a good one. Now I have to think of one.

Here's some character description if it was added to D2, as blizzard descriptionish as I can make it.

Unknown to the rest of the magic world, one sect of the priests of Rathma long ago split from the major group. These sorcerers were not interested in the studies of life and death, prefering the study of beings from other realms. When demons came into the world, they naturally attracted the attention of the enchanters who sought to understand and control demonic forces. Long before the vizjerei wars of Bartuc and Horazon, these enchanters fought their own secret, smaller scale battles between the corrupted ones and those still under their own control. Each side learned to control demonic forces in its quest for control of the group. However, the corrupted ones quickly got too ambitious, taking their fight out into the open, attracting the attention of other forces in the world, and they were promptly eliminated. The ones who had kept control of their own minds studied those who hadn't, learning how to keep themselves in control of the demons, and not the other way around.

This group learned the secrets of the realm gateways, creating entrances to the burning hells where the demons spawn from. In small excursions, the enchanters learned the secrets of this realm, from the types of creatures that inhabited it to the energies permeating it. Some creatues they learned to control, some they developed spells to defend themselves against. They learned to combine demonic energies with earthly elemental ones, and to use thrown and shot weapons for self defense.

Since summoning demons would invite attack of other humans, these corcerers have never used their summoning skills, instead summonig their minions, they use their weapon skills and other spell that have earned them their name of enchanters. Because of their secretiveness, there have never been many enchanters in the world. With the return of the three, enchanters have emerged from hiding to use their full powers against the minions of the three. They have been the the burning hells, and have seen firsthand the destruction the prime evils would unleash on their homeland.

Skill descriptions: Demon summoning:
Worms: All warriors who have been to hell seen the viscious and disgusting flesh worms. Not directly in service of the prime evils, but with a hunger for flesh not adequately fed by tortured souls in the dry plains of hell, they swarm and attempt to ingest any who travel through. Because they are not in service of the lords of evil, they are easy and safe to control by the enchanters, and their hunger helps them heal from any enemies they attack.

imp: Many others have tried to domesticate these clever creatures, only to be cut up and turned into imps themselves. Only enchanters have studied and practiced controlling these creatures sufficiently to use their powers for themselves. Imps teleport around the battle, throwing fireballs at any who attack.

freed damned: Some of these are trapped souls, some are remorseful ones who were sent to hell. Having been tortured for who knows how long, they are only happy to serve the enchanters and inflict tortures on the demons they had been vistims of. Inflicting blindness, slownessm, curses, and more on those enemies of their enchanter, they are valuble support in any combat.

Hellhound, sometimes under evil lord control, sometimes not, hellhounds are fast, fiery creatures who love the hunt. Their bites add fire to the damage their teeth can cause. Hellhounds do nut suffer the extreme hunger of the flesh worms, however, and the are thus harder to control.

Balrog: Balrogs are created from the hottest parts of hell, and their fiery breath and swords are used by the prime evils to protect all regions of hell. They have been studied extensively by enchanters do to their commonness in hell and their size and power. Balrogs controlled by enchanters almost exclusively attack with their fire breath, being denied swords by their new masters.

Overseer: Overseers are commanders of the armies in hell. Although the lords of evil tend towards chaos, they have recognized the need for commanders to organize their armies and constructions. The large and strong overseers were a natural choice for this, and are used in demonic armies everywhere. Enchanters can get onverseers to join their armies and add power to the troops already summoned.

Energy beast: These beasts bodies barely contain the demonic energy that gives them their name. Energy beasts are some of the most dangerous enemies in hell, throwing out fire and lightning balls at any who attack. Even the lords of evil have problems controlling these beasts, but with their experience with elemantal energy, some very skilled enchanters can manage this.

Lava beast: As the name suggests, lava beasts are beings made of lava. They are formed in the liguid rock in the lower readhes of hell, and skilled enchanters can draw it out of the lava and into a different realm, And in return they get a creature whose blows contain both heat and solid rock, and that are hard to dent or destroy.

Lord: Higher level than overseers, the most highly skilled enchanters can capture these masters of demonic energies and use them to enhance their own troops. Using its spells and enhancing the elemental damage of others makes the skill and energy needed to control this beast worth it.

Doom beast: Diablo himself takes the form of one of these mutants even by hell standards. Absurdly huge and power, there is nothing funnyabout the blows this creature deals or the ability to take punishment this creature bring to bear. Any enchanter who controls one of these is well respected by others due to the difficulty of successfully controlling one.

Enchantments:

Brute enchantment: a simple spell that uses both demonic and earth power to add to the force a weapon does. Enchanters regularly use this spell for small fights, although it is useful in bigger battles too.

Agression enchantment: brings out some inner anger on whoever it is used upon, increasing the speed with which they attack and cast spells. Hoever, this agression eventually runs its course, leaving the subjectin its normal state.

hunters enchantment: useful against creatures from the earth realm, this spell increases the accuracy and killing power of anything against animal type monsters.

protectors enchantment: In hell there are undead as well as demons, andenchanters have devised this spell to help their defense against these strange beings. Not having lost all the knoledge of the priests of rathma, enchanters use this understand to increase accuracy and damage against undead beings.

frenzy enchantment: using demonic forces to drive the rage further upward in the subject, this enchantment further increases attack speed and damage of whoever it's used on, but with less concern for their own harm, the subject looses some ability to defend themselves. After a short time this demonic energy dissapates, leaving its subject as before.

fire enchant: similar to what sorceresses can do, except enchanters draw more on demonic energy than the Zann esu would dream of.

Bloodlust enchantment: more demonic energy turns the subject into a mindless attacker driven by a thirst for blood above all else. However this rage cancels a concern for defense, and causes some bodily damage to the one it gets used on. This demonic energy dissapates quicker due to the increased amount of it.

Wardens enchantment: enchanters mainly study demons, so it is no surprise that they have learned ways to enhance warrior's damage against those beings. This enchantment was often see nduring the sin wars on the earth realm, and is partially responsible for stories of demon fightning heroes.

lightning enchantment: the enchanter's most complex elemental enchantment, the power of lightning is harnessed through a combintaion of energies from both the earth realm and the burning hells. The result adds electrical power to all blow inflicted by anyone this is used upon.

Posession enchantment: actually summong a demon spirit into the body of a fellow soldier, the enchanter enhances the subjects combat ability. The spirit adds power and speeds up all processes, physical and mental, of whoever it has been merged with, making them far more powerful than normal, however the spirit also consumes he life of its host to feed this energy, possibly kiling them depending on how healthy they are. If the host somehow doesn't die from the spirit's feeding, it quickly rejects the demon spirit, sending it into the void again.

ranged mastery: during the battles between corrupted and non-corrupted enchanters, the non-corrupted ones needed some skills that the corrupt ones would not be able to master due to their minds not being their own. One smart non corrupted learned to use thrown and shot weapons, allowing them to contribute the the fight against the non-corrupted's demons, and helping to slay from far away those controlling the demons. Later, these skills with ranged weapons proved useful for the hall excursions when using demonic powers was a questionable idea.

electric arrow: controlling lightning damage, the enchanter imbues its power into an arrow, adding electricity to the shot. The longer , thinner arrows are better for carrying the energy of lightning than thicker thrown weapons, and enchanters do not have the favored gods of the amazons who prefer javalins for electrical delivery.

fire throw: Demonic powers are nwturally channeled in the form of fire, and this spell uses the mto add fire damage to a throw. The larger knives, axes, and javalins are better built not to be consumed by the fire energies contained in them than arrows. (javalins are like arrows, but I wanted to add an explaination for thrown only and needed something about javalins)

snipe: Non corrupted ones learned to stay hidden in any area and better pick their targets for a deadly attack during the battles with the corrupted. The corrupted would stand out in the open, an easier target for the non-corrupted to take them and the demonic armies under their control with one powerful shot. This useful tecnique has been passed down over thousands of years and remains useful today.

split: shooting their weapons harder than normal, some enchanters learned to cause weapons to split intos several pieces after a first target was hit. Depending on the size of the target, these pieces would either continue and hi a other enemies, or put more holes in the first one.

splatter: another piece of knoledge retained fro mthe priests of Rathma is the knoledge of how energy is contained in living and dead beings. Knowing this, the enchanters know how to throw a weapon that not only burns th target, but also transfers to it a certain type of fire energy that takes a little time to dissapate. The living being contains this energy just fine until it dissapates, but upon death the fire energy explodes out of the body, injuring those in the area.

shocking arrow: enchanters add lightning energy to an rrow that escapes in a circle of electrical energy, shocking enemies in an area around the first hit.

fire trail: adding more fire energy than can be contained by the thrown weapon, this energy escapes in a trail along the ground, setting it on fire. On hitting the target, this energy explodes in a dangerous display of flames that set the ground on fire in lines leading away from the target. These flames burn all who touch them.

Thunder arrow: adding more lightning energy than an arrow can contain, this energy gets released from the target as several bolts that arc among several targets until the energy is finally spent. Whole armies can be injured with this spell.

Shrapnel: both weakening the weapon and shooting it harder, skilled enchanters wth wepons can pulverize their shots into hundreds of little pieces that fly away from the target and cause damage to everything in the area. Do not underestimate the force thses objects carry, as some creatures die from a few pieces of the shrapnel unleashed.

A lot of these descriptions are ripoffs of the areat summit and manual descriptions, and the demon summonign idea came from world of warcraft. Most of the deatils are mostly stuff I made up. Dang blizzard stole an infermo lord spell from me.

Now for an evil/D3 story idea if a similar character is in D3:

There have always been humans who have tried to capture and use demons for their own ends. The most famous of these were Horazon and Bartuc, but there have been many others. After the freeing of Baal, he sought of those who had studied these skills, further corrupted their minds, and taught them the secrets of summoning demons, as well as told them to learn to use earth powers to enhance the demon armies. Baal planned to use them to lead the attacks of his demon army and conquer places before his army could reach them.

With the defeats of the prime evils these corrupted humans lost their leaders and much of the twisted purpose of their lives. With no where to go and without anybody to tell them what to do, these lost souls have offered their skills to anyone who will give them leadership and something to do with the skills they have. (basically, they had become slaves to Baal and now have no one to make decisions for them or tell them what to do, so anyone who is willing to take command of them gets their services. Think screwed up ronin from samuri stories at least that's where I got the idea)

Edit:Here's where some of the creature ideas come from. Some of this stuff doesn't fit with the D1 storyline, but it was fun writing it for me.

Edit #2: really, I posted this character for suggestions. Anyone else have any? I can't be the only one thinking of new characters.

Instead of having 1 otion creating tree, have an offensive and defensive potion tree. The offensive tree has throwing potions of course, and probably potions for combat effects like slowing and blindness. The defensive tree hs the usual suspects of healing and antidote potions, but also might have potions for improving a character for a short amout of time, aka something like "caffeine potion" would speed up attacks, movement, and casting while a "defense potion" might be made to increase defense.

Edit: Instead of having a potion enhancer tree, maybe have a regular weapon enhancer tree, so the alchemist can make better weapons for other characters. They wouldn't be as good as cube crafted items, but would be easier to make and the results would be more predictable. Anther tree idea could be simple poison skills that don't need potions, since there are so few good examples of poison skills compared to other elements.

That sounds very cool. Imagine something like holding a potion in one hand, weapon in the other, using your skill "potion imbue" (or something) and you smash the potion over the weapon. The alchemist can then go through his little song and dance, just for effect :lol: This will then give poison damage for a certain duration or life tap if it's a healing potion or whatever.

The weapon enhancer tree sounds cool too. Every melee fighter in the game will want an alchemist in their party. How you enhance the weapons might prove to be difficult. It could all be done in the cube, but then you have to lug the damn thing around with you.

ps: After I was complaining about the suckyness of throwing potions, I tried a potion throwing barbarian. It's crap. You hardly find potions, they don't do a lot of damage, and if you find potions, you can't "repair" them to replenish the quantity like throwing knives. I didn't bother to play past lvl 12 because the monsters were killing me too often. Throwing potions suck! But I want them to kick ass! Blizzard, please make an alchemist.

In my mind the weapon enhancer tree would have a combination of what you said and also the ability to make normal weapons into magic ones. AKA with a spell you might run into a normal sword, but with some Alchemist skills be able to add enhanced damage, than a little later add poison damage, than mana steal. All these numbers would be lower than a lucky rare, but they would let people do something besides imbue with non magic non socketed weapons. My guess would be you would hold the potion or gem or something else and click on the weapon, or the reverse. Holding a gem would have to be programed, but the reverse would only need the new skill.

Edit: some of the potions created would of course never be dropped or found in shops. There would be stuff like wide firee effect potions, lightning effects, poison effects, who knows. In the inventory screen it would of course say the level and damage.

OK.

So the weapon enhance tree ADDS skills to the weapon. That's cool, like it would just keep adding and adding skills (capped somewhere, of course) and not re-roll the weapon everytime.

This knocks crafted items into a cocked hat. That's weapon customization at it's finest. Do you think we will ever see this character, or is all of this just dreaming?

Probably just dreaming, unless they stick it into another Diablo game. I'm pretty sure stuff like this is in World of Warcraft.