Griffon's Eye and Lit Immunes
The stats for the unique diadem Griffon's Eye are:

Defense: 150-260 (varies)(Base Defense: 50-60)
Required Level: 76
Durability: 20
+100-200 Defense (varies)
+1 To All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-15-20% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
+10-15% To Lightning Skill Damage (varies)

Does this mean Light Immune monsters that are within 15% of 100% (115%) are no longer immune to lightning?

Also, does Ormus' Robes increase Lightning Fury damage?

Cheers,

Munk
The -% enemy resistance effect of certain items and cold mastery (it's the same effect) does nothing to immune monsters.

Ormus' Robes would increase LF damage.
adeyke,Aug 18 2004, 09:59 PM Wrote:The -% enemy resistance effect of certain items and cold mastery (it's the same effect) does nothing to immune monsters.

Ormus' Robes would increase LF damage.
Not true on the immunes part. It can be brought down under 100% removing the immunity. Once the resistance is over 100% though there is a requirement of much -res to bring it down under 100% (I'm not sure how it works but it can be done). A cold sorc + covinction pally can lower many monsters under 100%.
gta- Wrote:,Aug 19 2004, 11:51 AM] Not true on the immunes part. It can be brought down under 100% removing the immunity. Once the resistance is over 100% though there is a requirement of much -res to bring it down under 100% (I'm not sure how it works but it can be done). A cold sorc + covinction pally can lower many monsters under 100%.
It IS true on the immunes part. If a monster's immunity has been broken with conviction or lower resist, _then_ the -res% items will have an effect; however, -res% gear will NOT break immunities on its own.

If you're not sure how something works, you'd be best advised to look it up or conduct your own tests before contradicting adeyke. ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Conviction, lower resists, decrepify, and amplify damage can all break immunities, though they work at 1/5 effectiveness if the monster is immune.

-% enemy resistance gear and cold mastery will absolutely, definitely not have any effect on immune monsters whatsoever.
lfd,Aug 19 2004, 02:20 PM Wrote:It IS true on the immunes part.  If a monster's immunity has been broken with conviction or lower resist, _then_ the -res% items will have an effect; however, -res% gear will NOT break immunities on its own.

If you're not sure how something works, you'd be best advised to look it up or conduct your own tests before contradicting adeyke. ;-)
I simply said it was possible to break an immunity, I even stated that I wasn't sure exactly how only that it is possible.

Adeyke:

I stand corrected on that part, I seen what you said as "It's impossible to break immunities".
Thanks for clearing it up.
What about the order of those skills with lower-resistance effect?

Let me use an example:
1) A monster is lighting immune with lightning resistance 100%
2) It's now under level 15 Lower Resist with -60% all resistance and level 25 Conviction with -150% all resistance.
What's the result? Which one is the first to take the 20% penalty?

If Lower Resist is the first, then monster's lightning resist will be 100%-60%*20%-150% = -62%
If Conviction is the first, then monster's lightning resist will be 100%-150%*20%-60% = 10%

As you could see, the order does matter in the cases of immunities.
Order doesn't matter. Both are penalized (or the sum of them gets used when calculating the amount to reduce).

What you'd get is:
100 + -60/5 + -150/5
100 + -12 + -30
58 lightning resist
Then what about for example -60% lightning resist of level 15 Lower Resist working with -5% lightning resist from a Rainbow Facet or other items? Do the -x% lightning resist from items get penalty for lightning immunity after Lower Resist breaks the lightning immunity?
Once the immunity is broken by LR or conviction, the -% enemy resistance items work at full effectiveness.
One more (maybe the final) question:

What if Cold Mastery work with Lower Resist (or Conviction) against cold immunity?
Does Cold Mastery get penalty like Conviction/LowerResist, or it acts as -x% Cold resistance on items?
Quote: The -% enemy resistance effect of certain items and cold mastery (it's the same effect) does nothing to immune monsters.
Not what's being asked. The question is about CM's effectiveness on an already broken immunity. Does it have no effect, 1/5, or full? After all, being a skill rather than an item one might reasonably suspect that a different effect is used to the -% enemy resistance on items. One which might behave differently on broken immunities, despite acting the same on unbroken ones.
Quote:-% enemy resistance effect of certain items and cold mastery (it's the same effect)
The relevant part is the "(it's the same effect)." Cold mastery is completely identical to -% enemy resistance gear. They're two sources of the same effect. So there's absolutely no difference between a -X% cold mastery and -X% cold enemy resistance from gear.
Thank you adeyke.