Perplexing...
I was browsing your listing of supported guides and came across a "Shockadin" guide and saw a "Choas Noose" Amulet which is duped, I thought this website didn't condone or entertain the thought of using hacks of any kind? I've seen it so many times in pubby pk games, just thought I would chime in, seeing how I got reemed for the "Imp Shanks Fiasco". :lol:

http://www.paladintowers.org/shockadin as listed on DiabloII Section mainpage.

Bleh. :blink:
Hulk
First off, I really doubt Lurkers know the names of all possible dupes. And it's hardly a supported guide. It was just linked there, and the person who linked probaly didn't notice it. If we knew of that, of course we would change our minds. However, "Imp shanks" have been around since like, forever. That's pretty blatant.

I mean, the guide didn't blantantly tell people to get those items. It didn't not say "Get this, that, and that." It listed certain mods to get, and unforunately used a picture example that was overlooked. Thus, the connection wasn't as obvious.

Certainly, the site admin will most likely remove it. Thanks for your good observation.

Continue to stew in your own juices.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Its not some random dupe, its as famous, and has been around for years(Since the beginning of 09 Id say). And yes it did "blantantly" tell the observer to get such an item, if not why post a picture of this item? If not to show the reader of what they should acquire? Would showing a perfect Windforce not entice the reader to seek out this item? I think not. This post is brought to you by the word: Blatant.

Hulk
1.09? I suppose we have diffrent definitions of old. I'm also really sorry that I don't play enough pubbie pk games to learn all these dupes. O_O

The fact remains is that the person who linked to the site was unaware of those items being dupes. You, on the under hand, knew that Imp Shanks were duped but went ahead anyways. See the diffrence? :)

And I would rather trust a perfect windorce... over identical rares. :o

The point is the I'm not supporting the guide. I'm just intrested on how seemingly anxious you were to jump on this community.

Have a nice day. ;)
Just being yelled at for asking for help and posting "Imp Shanks" in my help thread and what I should replace them for, thats why. :]
If that guide was posted here, and someone realized it was a dupe, the reaction will be the same. But that's if it was brought to light. Don't worry, nobody's trying to going specficaly after you. :Dm If they are, it's really not your problem it's theirs. Honestly, I think you could have emailed the staff member and have him take it down.

Cheers. :)
Indeed.

:]
Hulk
You just made yourself look like a troll. Congrats. <_<
And a Troll is an insult I am guessing, real mature. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Take a bite from the ClueStick, or be beaten with it. Your choice.

For your information: You were not unfairly targeted or picked on. Treatment you received was kind and fluffy compared to what many others have dealt with. You openly suggested using duped items without bothering to check on the rules and FAQ's clearly frowning on such practices. The linker in question didn't go over a strategy guide with a fine-tooth comb looking for possible dupes mentions. There's a big, fat difference, and if you can't see that, that's your problem, not ours.

You made yourself look like a troll because it looks like you're fishing to make trouble. Stop.

Many current lurkers were once in your shoes, and have gone on to lead long and respected stays here. You're not on the path they chose.

The ClueStick. Your choice.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, phew!
Didn't you already leave this forum once?
The duped chaos noose amulet I'm aware of is a US-West Rare (2+ all barb skills 19 Str/Dex 50+ Life 7% LL 75% reduced posion time lvl 27 Req ) rather than a crafted item with paladin skills, resists, leech etc. Whilst that's no confirmation that the item in the guide is not a dupe, it's certainly not the 'famous' chaos noose which has been around for eons (pre 1.08 I believe).

The guide itself advises people to try to create blood crafts for their characters and suggests some crafts the author claims to have made himself:

Quote:Crafted blood items can make some great gear in this area. There's some pics below of one's I've done myself.&nbsp; Crafting is much like Mfing really. You'll need to keep trying several times inorder to get somethig worth keeping but your efforts will be worth it.

Considering the version of chaos noose displayed in the screenshots does not match the most common dupe, and the author of the guide specifies that he made the item, it's not immediately apparent that he's peddling a duped item. The tone of the guide is more "try out blood crafts, they can be really neat!" which is a sentiment I firmly agree with, I've crafted a few gorgeous blood craft gloves, amulets and rings. The guide's author goes further, stating that it is actually a time, and resource, consuming activity to craft a good item. The author encourages people to keep trying as their "efforts will be worth it", he doesn't say "Here's something I picked up off ebay for $5, why don't you do the same".

In conclusion, whilst this may or may not be a duped amulet (All I can establish is that it shares a name with a common duped rare on US west, but is *not* the same item), the guide itself is not promoting dupes, it's promoting the use of player-specific blood crafts.

Kind regards,
30ftSmurf
The Amulet showing in the picture is a crafted amulet. The duped amulet you speak of is a rare amulet. One's title is orange, the other is yellow. Surely even you learned your colors in Kindergarten. If not then I suggest that you go back over them whilst also taking a course in reading comprehension. Here is what the author said in the"infamous" passage:

Quote:Rings & Ammys - Well here the choices are endless. Crafted blood items can make some great gear in this area. There's some pics below of one's I've done myself.&nbsp; Crafting is much like Mfing really. You'll need to keep trying several times inorder to get somethig worth keeping but your efforts will be worth it. The High War Lords unique ammy offers IAS and a great chance at Deadly Strike, Raven Frost unique ring offers some great attack rating and is one ring I'd definately include in my gear. You can't beat the ATR this ring gives a melee character. I'd look for resistances, Life Steal, plus to skills, Increased Attack Speed and anything that would help your character in areas they are lacking in. There is just too many possibilities here to list.

In my opinion you owe the author of the article and the Admin who linked to it an apology for your spurious attack upon the guide in a misguided attempt to make up for your "reaming". And let me tell you, the reaming you received was a gentle breeze in comparison to how cheaters and dupe users used to get treated.
Which one are you, Hulk: Dim, Nit, or Half?

You belong elsewhere. Why don't you get there, post haste?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
While I do want to make sure not to link to guides that advocate dupes, I think everyone's advice to keep it constructive applies here. If that were the rare Chaos Noose, I'd remove the link, but since it's crafted, I will leave it up.

This thread seems done. I will close it.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete