Barb Dilemma
What I'm uncertain about is which is better for a sword and shield barb: Beserk or Conc.

My goal is to make a very party friendly barb, that can tank relatively well, and kill decently.

I've been playing a lot of Diablo II Season II Ladder on USEast. Tonight I had a stellar drop on a baal run and got an Azurewrath Phase Blade. Granted the ED is horrible (243), its still the best weap I've found so far.

Here's the things I'm pretty certain about:

Skillwise Sword Mastery, Battle Orders, Shout.
Stats Pump vit as high as I can go
Equip I'll post a followup once I decide which skill to use, since that decision makes a large difference.

The reason for my dilema is because azurewrath is such a low damage weapon (the speed and bonuses make it stellar t me, not the physical damage) that it makes me wonder if huge % ED will make a big difference. Is it better to use concentrate and keep my high DR, or drop my DR and get higher damage from beserk?

Is a concentrate barb really hell viable? For armor I am thinking of trying to make Stone, which would give me great defense. Also, since Azurewrath is req 85, I am building this barb around a 97 skill point distrobution. This would leave me with some extra points to put in Iron Skin, or possibly Nat Resist.

Stormshield and a string of ears will put me at 50% Damage Reduction which will be a huge help, especially if I use beserk.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Munk
Hi

Berserk at l 20 does 435% magic damage, Concentration 165% so IMHO you should go for Berserk. Berserk also has the added advantage of crushing PIs :D

Since Berserk reduces your defense to zero investing into "Stone" seems unneccessary.

Wouldn't WW, or Frenzy if you decide to go dualwielding, be better as a skill, with Berserk as a backup?

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”