About crafting
Hello,

I am still confused about how to make the best possible crafted items;the formula I know is (item level)/2 + (character level)/2 = item level of the crafted item
Is the item level,the level required of this item? For instance, is a level 73 required ring,its item level? Does the area level matter to craft the highest mods? Or does required level only matter? I have always thought that required level only matters to craft good rings and amulets;so I used to choose amulets and rings with at least a required level=73;I am wrong?
I have recently read that its best to only craft drops from baal because its the only monster which has a level 99,so I must have missed something on how to make the best crafted stuff;however if it's true,I was able to craft good amulets and rings,mainly found in cows and act 5,but never from baal drops;the highest I got from an amulet is level 95 required,and the highest from a ring is 94;the best amulets I got were those with +2 skills,which always have a level 89 required;and those which have a higher level required ,don't have mods as good as the 89 required;is it possible to have +2 to skills in an amulet or a ring with a level required=94 or 95,for instance? As the mods of a crafted item depend on the required level of the crafted thing (or am I wrong?),the higher required level of the magical thing,the better mods it gets when crafting;can you explain what is right and wrong? or maybe the level of the monster and the required level of the item both matter..
I have another question about scourges (elite one handed mace,max dmg=80):is it possible to buy one from the NPCs? I still have seen one from their stash;the one who sells flails is Fara,but I still haven't got a scourge from her;does she sell scourges??
A question about items of NPCs:are they as good as baal drops to get good crafted items?and does the level of the char matter when you buy from a NPC?
The char I use to craft things has a level 96;is it enough to get the highest/best mods?
Thanks for answering all my questions,
Abramelin
What matters is the ilvl of the item. This has practically nothing to do with the required level.

The ilvl of an item is determined by the mlvl of the monster that drops it. ilvl = mlvl.

Normally, in nightmare and hell, the monster's mlvl is determined by the area level. Normal monsters have mlvl = area level. Champions have mlvl = area level + 2. Uniques, superuniques, and minions have mlvl = area level + 3. Certain monsters, such as act bosses, are exceptions, and it works differently in normal difficulty.

Shopped items have ilvl = clvl + 5. There are caps on this ilvl in normal difficulty, but not in nightmare or hell. Gambled items have a random ilvl from clvl - 5 to clvl + 4. Imbued items have ilvl = clvl + 4.

This ilvl, combined with an item's qlvl (quality level; a property of a base item; broad swords, for example, all have qlvl 15) is used to determine the item's alvl (affix level). This alvl then determines what affixes can spawn on the item. Each affix has an associated level requirement.

As you can see, the level requirement is really only very loosely related to the ilvl. You really can't determine what the ilvl is just by looking at it. All items dropped by hell Baal have ilvl 99. However, depending on what the affixes are, they might require anything from clvl 1 to 86 (counting only magic items). It doesn't matter what the item is; if it's from Baal, it's ilvl 99, and that's what used when you craft things.
Thanks Adeyke for your answer;
just some other questions though:

-is it possible to get + 2 skills in a+ 89 required level amulet or ring?(I am asking this because the only crafted amulets with the mod + 2 to skills,have a level 89 required)
Can crafted rings get +1 or+2 to skills?
-can the NPCs sell scourges?
If you want a +2 skills amulet, you need for the output of the craft to be ilvl 90+. The formula for the output ilvl is:
output ilvl = floor(clvl / 2) + floor(input ilvl / 2)

The level requirement of crafted items differs from rare/magic items. It's always at least 10 levels higher, and another 3 levels higher for each affix. An ilvl 71+ crafted item will always have 4 affixes, so the required level of crafted ilvl 71+ items is always 22 higher than the high level requirement of the affixes.

+2 skills requires alvl 90 to spawn, and has a level requirement of 67. If you add 22 to 67, you get 89.

Rare/crafted/magic rings never have any +skills.

No NPC can sell scourges.