Another new patch
They just shut down the servers, because they're installing a new "quick patch." Dunno how big it will be.

Patch notes

As expected, it's just small stuff:

Quote:Applies some changes to the current patcher tool.
Fixed not being able to use GM petition categories.
Fixed several Win9x floating point exception crashes.
Speed improvement to some character texture loading.
Certain mobs that were not able to defend themselves will now fight back.
Being attacked will no longer knock you out of plains running
Arcane missiles only get a chance at the free cast on the first missile instead of every missile.
There was a bug with rogue ability Riposte. The UI might still be incorrect.
Damage for Shaman Fire Totem was incorrect. Should be correct now.
The Mac patch version's a broken link. No more WoW for you!

Edit: And now it's fixed!
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Note that hordes of people are having trouble with this patch.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx...al&T=259126&P=1

Hope this doesn't apply to any Lurkers. Worked fine for me.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I shouldn't laugh, but how many "same here" or "ditto" posts can a thread get?

Wasn't a problem for me.

-SaxyCorp
They didn't fix the armor bug?
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Crusader,Aug 25 2004, 05:43 PM Wrote:They didn't fix the armor bug?
Eno's said publically that he doesn't think there's a bug at all with armor.

Numerous people have pointed out that he's probably wrong, however. Especially against elite monsters. I know my level 18 warrior got reamed against level 13 elites. I mean REAMED, and it made no difference if I was wearing 900+ armor or 300. Bleh. I don't have previous warrior experience to compare that to, however.

Use the Blizzard Post Tracker and you'll see that a huge chunk of the conversation lately has been about the stat changes and their impact on chars.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I have been out of the loop for a while, but I wondered if they fixed the problem with the bride of the embalmer?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Looks to me like they did.

I was able to go and activate and dispatch her without too many poblems... I fought her three times; I killed her on my first attempt, but her corpse disappeared before I could loot it, so I spawned her again. I had a brain cramp and died on the second attempt, but then went back and she was still standing there, waiting for me. Killed her that third time and all was well.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*