Any comments about DiabloWorld closure Sept 1st?
:o
This long time site is closing Sept 1, 2004. I visited it early on, but not much lately. It has lots and lots of forums, although they usually arent very "deep" posts - usually one liners. It isn't listed on the links here, and that could be since it supports some cheats. I didn't see any explanation of why this was happening.

There was an incidental post about this over at diabloii.net (as you prob know, it has been hacked and is now down for 3rd day!!!), one about "blizzard is watching you" and people who are worried about mh bans. The thread mentioned offhand that DW was closing in a few days.

But what gets me is: they had a classic forum site. Perhaps the only one. Many of the posts had to ward off LOD people who clearly had never played classic and would always be recommending LOD equip, pindle runs, etc... They had a url to another classic site - since closed. So does anyone know of any remaining sites where there is a forum dedicated specifically to classic (also known as regular, non-LoD) diablo???
I'm assuming you know about griswolds shop... The forum here at the lurker lounge... With the link at the bottom of this page...

[/QUOTE]Griswold's Shop is about D1, not non-expansion D2.

oops! I knew that answer seemed to easy
Griswold's Shop is about D1, not non-expansion D2.
I've seen quite a number of topics on both here and the AB that are about CD2 only and 95% of the time they stay about CD2.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm