IronMan tourny
There is an IM tourny starting soon. The website is http://freshmeat-blog.de.tl/Stairway-To-He...33d11345a368a24 for those who are interested.

Edit: This may not have been clear from the earlier version of this post. I have nothing to do with organizing this tournament. I only posted the link because I think people may be interested.
Hey weakwarrior,

I could be interested in participating. However, I followed your link and checked out the site. There are two issues I have with that site :

First : their "Diablo Strategies and Hints" section is for the most part copy-pasted from KingofPain's RBD Forge or Attika's take on shrines in IM here. Neither are given credit.

Second : I have a few questions about the tourney rules, but I don't see a forum to post these questions in, or even publicize attempts.

Cheers,
Gil.
Quote:Hey weakwarrior,

I could be interested in participating. However, I followed your link and checked out the site. There are two issues I have with that site :

First : their "Diablo Strategies and Hints" section is for the most part copy-pasted from KingofPain's RBD Forge or Attika's take on shrines in IM here. Neither are given credit.

Second : I have a few questions about the tourney rules, but I don't see a forum to post these questions in, or even publicize attempts.

Cheers,
Gil.

Regarding the plagirism it gives the source at the bottom of the page.
Regarding posting and asking questions I will point him (Shade, the organizer) in this direction.
Quote:Second : I have a few questions about the tourney rules, but I don't see a forum to post these questions in, or even publicize attempts.

Cheers,
Gil.

Shade responded. The forum is located in the "about us" section. If you want to contact Shade in a nonforum setting then the application box lets you send him a personal message. He also pointed out that at the bottom of the page he gives the website where he found the strategy and tips.
I want to participate in this tourney, but I don't have a partner and I'm not sure if one-man teams are qualified to enter. I've had three victories in the past with my former partner, Attica, but never in a solo game (though I did make it to floor 16...once).

I've got to find a partner.
[Image: poundfinal.jpg]
Quote:I'm not sure if one-man teams are qualified to enter.

I asked the organizer this some time back and he said not in this tournament.
Quote:I asked the organizer this some time back and he said not in this tournament.

Yeah, I need a partner then. I'm going to request one once my account on the forum hosting the tournament is activated.
[Image: poundfinal.jpg]
Quote:Yeah, I need a partner then. I'm going to request one once my account on the forum hosting the tournament is activated.

Is this tournament still accepting applicants/teams? If not, I suppose I'll wait for the next one.
Sir Malifuus
http://thepiratebay.org/
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Quote:Is this tournament still accepting applicants/teams? If not, I suppose I'll wait for the next one.

I wouldn't see why not, but I'm not the organizer. Go to the website, register for an account, and post the question. Shade is pretty good about getting back to people.

Edit: I hope that doesn't sound bossy. It's not meant to.
Quote:I wouldn't see why not, but I'm not the organizer. Go to the website, register for an account, and post the question. Shade is pretty good about getting back to people.

Edit: I hope that doesn't sound bossy. It's not meant to.

Ah, great. I'll definitely check it out.
Sir Malifuus
http://thepiratebay.org/
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
I know from shade that you can still participate ... (practically new teams are accepted until the14 of august)
The tournament has ended.

There were some amazing results - one team made it all the way to NM/16 and another to NM/15. All in all 5 teams finished regular difficulty.

The rules were cave-in with no limitations on the number of pots/scrolls you could buy when you completed a difficulty level.