What should I play in the stress test?
Smithy:
Quote:Where's the closest mage trainer to the crossroads in the barrens?

The closest would be to use the flight path to orc capital city. Try having your hearth stone available to use for the return trip. New spells and abilities should only become available on even numbered levels if you did not notice the pattern yet.

Swiss Mercenary
Quote:What I'm wondering is - where are the two guards that you need to find, after getting the quest at the east bridge..?

They are both bloody remains by the time you get to them. The first to find is just west of where the stream exits from that lake. This will then redirect the quest to find the second set of remains which is in the middle of the murloc village on the east side of the lake. Have fun with this part as their will probably be player corpses covering the remains since most new players will not know how to handle the area and end up dying right on top of the remains that you need to click on.
smithy,Sep 2 2004, 03:26 PM Wrote:EDIt:  For anyone who is playing in the stress test, I'm going to be starting a Dwarf druid named Gerris.
Hey, if one of you stress testers digs up the requisite cash and gets signatures, you can play with the guild interface by starting the Lounging Lurkers (or Lurking Loungers, as the case may be)!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Ten gold in 7 days? I don't know about that. Good luck to whomever tries! :)
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
JustAGuy,Sep 3 2004, 11:59 AM Wrote:Ten gold in 7 days? I don't know about that. Good luck to whomever tries! :)
It's 10 silver. 10 gold is for a tabard.
You don't have to run a separate program if you are an nVidia user (as Gnollguy and I are). There's a nice option to override the refresh settings for applications. I had forgotten about it yesterday when we were playing. It would just be nice for the game to allow change in refresh rates. Saga of Ryzom does, and iirc Horizons does as well.

Edit: There's also a console command and, as Joseph H posted, you can edit the config file as well. :rolleyes: I hope Blizzard figures out that there are probably going to be more people who don't use console commands and edit config files than people who do. I still say something like that should be in the GUI itself, not through just console commands and editing config files.
Intolerant monkey.
One gold was for my tabard -- and I thought that was a lot at my level!
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
smithy,Sep 2 2004, 07:26 PM Wrote:EDIt:  For anyone who is playing in the stress test, I'm going to be starting a Dwarf druid named Gerris.  I was going to be hoard tgo start but I really want to try out the druid.
Actually, Night elf druid since I can only play a human or night elf as druid. So, NE Druid named Gerris.
There are horde druids. I think Taurens can be druids.
Gnollguy,Sep 3 2004, 12:11 AM Wrote:I'm messing around with a Troll priest just to see.  Though with Treesh being a hunter, we might have to find a warrior after we get bigger.
Believe me, you'll have no problems finding warriors to party up with. They're one of the most common classes in the game, especially among newer players. Priests on the other hand are much rarer but incredibly powerful in a party. As I told Bolty long ago, "Everyone wants a priest in their party, but noone wants to play them!" I tell you, I have absolutely loved playing my priestesses, and they get more powerful and tougher as time goes on. I definitely wouldn't switch to another class simply because you think your group needs a warrior. Ah, heck, when Treesh is big enough, he'll have a pet to tank for you two. :-)
MongoJerry,Sep 3 2004, 12:09 PM Wrote:Ah, heck, when Treesh is big enough, he'll have a pet to tank for you two. :-)
She. ;)

And I certainly hope so. :D
Intolerant monkey.
And the fact that the config file is in \Word of Warcraft\WTF\config.wtf isn't intuitive. I'm wanting to know why a folder is called WTF as well. But once I knew that was the config file it was easy enough to change.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
As Treesh pointed, she. She is my wife, which I forget isn't common knowledge here since I am still more of a Lurker than a poster. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Where is the nearest zepplin to Ogrimmar. I want to go to silverpine forest.

smithy
smithy,Sep 4 2004, 12:27 AM Wrote:Where is the nearest zepplin to Ogrimmar.  I want to go to silverpine forest.

smithy
Just outside the main gate and to the east is a large structure. This is the docking platform. Take the zepplin that docks on the south side to Silverpine. The one that docks on the north side goes to Grom'Gol and you do not want ro go there till around level 30.
smithy,Sep 3 2004, 11:27 PM Wrote:Where is the nearest zepplin to Ogrimmar.  I want to go to silverpine forest.

smithy
You'll need to take the Wyvern from Crossroads to Ogrimmar. Then follow Ruvunal's directions to get to Silverpine. :)
Is there a talent retrainer in Undercity?

Smithy
smithy,Sep 4 2004, 11:10 PM Wrote:Is there a talent retrainer in Undercity?
Look for the Royal section. It's located "between" the Apothecarium entrances in the outer ring.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thanks. Of course it is in the one part of undercity I haven't explored yet.

Smithy
Still can't find it. I've been around that outside ring about 7 times. I'm just not seeing it.

Smithy
smithy,Sep 5 2004, 01:36 AM Wrote:Still can't find it.  I've been around that outside ring about 7 times.  I'm just not seeing it.

Smithy
You have to go right into the Royal section. The talent trainer is in the same room as the Undead Grand Poohbah (can't remember his name).
It's a hole in the wall that you need to look for. There is a similar one that has stairs going up, that is to the sewers. The Royal quarter hole is at ground level.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.