Shadow Assassin
Hello all. I am new to Diablo 2 and I have a question.
I am building an assassin and I am considering putting all the skill points into the shadow disciplines. They seem like they would be really powerful. So far I have put 4 into claw mastery, 6 into burst of speed, 5 into weapon block and one into each of psychic hammer and cloak of shadows.
I plan on using the shadow warriors a lot when i get there.
Is it worth it to put a lot into claw mastery and weapon block? Should I put more into cloak of shadows instead of just the one (as a prereq.)?
Thanx for any advice.
It would look to me that Claw Mastery is pretty much the only way for you to get off-gear dmg, so migh as well pump it.

CoS duration should be kept as low as possible, but seeing as your CtH% relies entirely on CMastery & your Dex, I guess the -monster def% needs boosting big-time.

Not sure why you'd want to use Shadow Warrior, a Shadow Master can be as beefy & can use attacks that you won't be using.

You are a very brave fella, much luck with your character.
-- Ryan
Between GW2, AirMech, Firefall and Torchlight 2, who has time for gaming? Smile
What he said. Also

--Don't put more points in BoS. With a couple of +Shadow Claws you may end up at the fastest break point already for Normal Attack. I don't know what kind of gear you have, but I usually end up using Fade in Hell. For similar reasons, I wouldn't put more into WB. Level 10 after +skills is usually enough for PvM, and it gives vary little after that.

--Venom isn't great, but you won't have many other skill-based damage options. I'd put only enough points in CM to hit reliably--at least until late in the game.

--The Warrior and Master both have good things to offer. The Warrior is a more reliable tank, can cast CoS for you, and is more controllable, but won't really do anything but Venom damage for you. If you use it, Make Sure It Casts Venom. The Master can do decent melee damage,and can drop the all-powerful Death Sentry. OTOH, it likes backing out fights periodically, and has a nasty habit of disappearing. If you use it, maybe consider dropping 1 pt in the 6 charge-ups just for it's use.

--A high level Mind Blast will probably be your best friend. I've heard that's a bad idea if you're using the SM, though.

Good luck. You might try asking at the Assassin Forum at the Amazon Basin. A few people there have actually built all-shadow 'sins, and could give you better input.