D2 Accelerator
Umm, didn't know where else to post my issue but here it goes.

I was using my necromancer with the d2 accelerator patch firmly in place- everything was going smoother and I was impressed with the little stuff in the top left part of the window when all of a sudden, *BOOM* I crash out of the game. I figure, must be a one time thing. So getting back into the SAME game we get back to same area where I crashed in before. Note: I am spraying teeth at all of the monsters, my other two teammates are right with me (only other two in the game) when *BOOM* I crash again. This time I read the error carefully and it is an error with triggering some type of lighting event. I figure this must be because of D2 Accelerator's changing of the graphics.

I switch out the patch and go back into the same game and have no more problems.

Too answer the obvious questions:

Yes, the d2accec patch was for 1.10.

Yes, my computer is more then capable of running d2.

Misc Questions:

Why does my d2 lag ONLY when I have my mini-map up. It has just recently started doing this and it is an extreme nuiscance. This was the main reason for my use of D2 Accelerator- which btw didn't really fix my problem.

Thanks,

Nick
"It requires an unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious."

--Alfred North Whitehead
Hello, i wanted to post about this bug in d2accelerator but i forgot.

It isnt a really big issue tho, guess what...the rogue merc causes it. Only tested this with normal rogues so nightmare/hell might be ok. B/c the game doesnt freeze right away i suspect it's the rogues inner sight skill or something. So just get rid of your rogue and try again in nightmare if u really want one (other mercs are better imo). Might be abit tricky to kill her before the game freezes hehe (took me like 5 attempts).

Ohwell ill mail foxbat now you made me remember, tx for that:)
I'm playing on a p2-266 64 RAM, wouldnt be much fun without d2acc hehe.

GL with it...

edit: srry if this doesnt apply to your problem, i only read the words "d2acc" and "bug" before i posted the first one. maybe one of your pallies was using a rogue merc, otherwise i have no idea:(
Hey lurkers. B)

Well since someone finally successfully identified the "p-light" error everyone has been getting, I've had no excuse not to fix it. :P

As you suggested it was indeed a problem with inner sight. Hopefully this fixed version works better for you, I'll try making a more official setup a bit later.

Also for those that don't know, there's now a Glide 3.0 to D3D wrapper which will dramatically improve D2's performance in 3D mode on just about any modern video card. Find out about it here.
Quote:Also for those that don't know, there's now a Glide 3.0 to D3D wrapper which will dramatically improve D2's performance in 3D mode on just about any modern video card. Find out about it here.

The wrapper works great, by the way. I shoulda thought to post about it here. ;)
If the world didn't suck, we'd fall off. Old saying, but still very true.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Thanks foxbat, u the man:)

I'm looking forward to using a rogue merc for a change...hehe