Got Accepted to Stress Test
As the subject says, I got a confimation email saying that I was accepted into the Stress Test. It looks genuine enough, it gives me a confirmation code and everything.

Did anyone else get stress test emails? If this is genuine (they sent it to my work e-mail, no one has that address except for government-types, and of course, Blizzard) then I'd infer that they're looking to stress the servers with some of the Beta population.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
They said that they were inviting all (some) of the people on the regular beta test waiting list to the stress test (and extending it to Sunday). Did you perhaps apply to the beta twice? Or apply once and get in on a contest or via a fan site or some such? Any of that sort of thing could explain it.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
I also got a stress test invitation by email. Seemed strange, since I never applied to the stress test. Can't even remember if I applied to the beta, but I probably did.
The error occurred on line -1.
Yeah, I got one as well. It is in the news announcement on the WoW main page as well.

What is fun is that I am already in the Stress test as I signed up for that with my gamespy stuff through File Planet. Since my e-mail for gamespy is not the one I signed up for the stress test for, I'm in twice I guess. I'm thinking about re-installing with the CD key that I just got that is associated with my closed beta key in case they give some more closed beta slots based on that. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.