Is Alvl=Ilvl ?
I just wondered if the area level is the same as Ilvl,
Like champions have +3 on area lvl, so would the Ilvl be 3 higher too ?
Eh. The area level is a property of the area. Saying that champions have a certain area level makes no sense.

The ilvl of a dropped item is always equal to the mlvl of the monster that drops it. In nightmare/hell, most monsters have mlvl = area level, or mlvl = area level + 2 if they're champions, or mlvl = area level + 3 if they're random uniques, superuniques, or minions.
thats what i ment :D
but what about act bosses ?
Act bosses aren't at all affected by the area level and they don't get a bonus. Their mlvl is just what's listed in monstats.txt:

Andariel: 12/49/75
Duriel: 22/55/88
Mephisto: 26/59/87 [sic]
Diablo: 40/62/94
Baal: 60/75/99
Act bosses do get bonuses, for example:

Mephisto only drops magical items and above, making the chances at better items a little better. (unless of course there is no magical version of the item) This is the reason many people run mephisto for uniques.
gta- Wrote:,Sep 16 2004, 01:27 PM] Act bosses do get bonuses
He was talking about a bonus to level, such as champions and (super)uniques/minions get.
You don't know what you're talking about.
What would the Ilvl be of bought or gambled items ?

I believe Ilvl of gamble = between -5 and +5 ur Clvl ?
Bought items are all clvl + 5, except they are capped in Normal to a maximum for each act (the values of which I can never remember).
I'm not sure if they are capped at 99 at the top either?

Gambled items are random between clvl -5 and clvl +4, so 10 possible values. They are capped below at 5 (again not sure about a 99 upper cap).

Oh, and, you didn't ask but imbues are always clvl + 4, like a perfect gamble.
"Thank you. We always have a shortage of unfounded opinions, so this will really help us. " - adeyke
Is the cap only at normal for bought items ?
IKKE,Sep 16 2004, 02:30 PM Wrote:Is the cap only at normal for bought items ?
Yes.
Bought items don't have the ilvl 99 cap. Gambled items do.
adeyke,Sep 16 2004, 07:39 PM Wrote:Bought items don't have the ilvl 99 cap.  Gambled items do.
But when the item is saved with your character when logging out, the save functions cap the ilvl to a 99 max. This may effect some items that derive their actual stats by looking at the items ilvl to set function parameters.
Ruvanal,Sep 17 2004, 09:13 AM Wrote:But when the item is saved with your character when logging out, the save functions cap the ilvl to a 99 max.  This may effect some items that derive their actual stats by looking at the items ilvl to set function parameters.
fwiw, iirc, when I set the gambles to only offer clubs, and duped gold (restored save files) in order to buy mass quantities, I got (what I was hunting for) slvl 11 Firestorm charges (implying a greater than ilvl 99, afaik).

This was either v1.10 beta or early release (I suspect beta). The slvl 11 didn't "morph" from save/load. I do not recall the #charges changing either.

edit: OTOH, this was a long time ago, so perhaps I only got slvl 10 from gambles and slvl 11 from the regular shop and am merely misrembering (I am certain, however, that the slvl 11 charges of Firestorm I did have on a club persisted across save/load).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits