Better Late Than Never!
Clicky!

Apparently you guys will be getting 1,000 new people on your servers. Perhaps some of us Lurkers will be among them :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
At some point, later is effectively never as far as a closed beta is concerned. :)

Sounds like, after the stress test, they are really gearing up for the open beta; though as far as I can tell they still seem to have a lot of work to do on classes, content etc.
Thecla,Sep 14 2004, 03:35 AM Wrote:Sounds like, after the stress test, they are really gearing up for the open beta;
IMHO they should focus their efforts a bit on getting the European Closed Beta out before final release - we want our time for exclusive fun, too, and mock all those that didn't make into the Beta! What's the point in conducting this RL stress test with us poor Europeans?
Oh, no! Newbs!

"How do I target something?"
"How do I leave the general channel?"
"Where's the nearest class trainer?"
"Help, I've been 0wnX0r3d by the level 2 trogg!"

Just kidding. :) Hope to see some new faces in there soon!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Aren't the European servers supposed to be separated from the US/Canadian ones...?

And you forgot to add:
"LFG cowlevel"
I had enough of that in the ST. Apparently the guards are there for little more than dissauding raids.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
You forgot to add "How do I learn to swim?" My son just got his acceptance letter today.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Ah, time to break out the old macro, "/1 Ask a guard."
Allegedly, I've got to wait another 2 years, 9 months, and 10 days before I can legally sign up. Curse me and my actual reading of those contracts...
MongoJerry,Sep 14 2004, 06:25 PM Wrote:Ah, time to break out the old macro, "/1 Ask a guard."
I also find myself often typing http://www.readthequestlog.com in general chat. I can't imagine why. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Sep 15 2004, 12:18 AM Wrote:I also find myself often typing http://www.readthequestlog.com in general chat.  I can't imagine why.  :)

-Bolty
I do this too :)
Seriously, if you are on a slow connection the guards (and a lot of NPC's) are so reluctant to talk to you that you might not understand that they ever would. It does not do much good to tell someone to talk to an NPC that is not responsive.

Yes, I know now that the little speech balloon means that they are *supposed* to communicate eventually.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Bolty,Sep 14 2004, 03:33 AM Wrote:Oh, no!  Newbs!
Well, speaking as an ST Newb, you're better natured about this than some. ;)

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx...&p=1#post303214

I don't know how much equipment factors into WoW at higher lvls, but I wonder if the game will stratify into casual-pickup-instance-players, hardcore-instance-running-groups, and (possibly) uber-raid-guilds. I hope not.
Yes, I just got into the beta last night. I'm almost level 10 though, and fairly familiar with the game already. I've had plenty of MMO experience (mostly from Dark Age of Camelot). I've also played D2 and WC3 extensively. I know since it's late in the beta that most lurkers are already fairly high level, but I'd like to be part of the community we have on the beta server if that's possible.
Thanks,
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Put Sharanna and Shalandrax on your friends list on the Alliance Beta side and I'll invite you in. I think Bolty is playing on Boltholomew (sp?) on the Beta Horde side.
Thanks for the quick reply, look forward to seeing you guys in game.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Hey guys, long time reader, haven't posted in a long time, but I had a quick question:

On that nzone registration site, when you hit submit, is it supposed to just take you to the terms of service? I was confused when I didn't get a successful registration page or something, but I didn't want to just try again because I thought they might think I was trying to enter twice. Thanks.
Yeah, it takes you to the ToS.

I entered in three different email addresses, but used my name all three times. I probably just eliminated my chances >_<
Does this contest have rollling acceptance? Or am I just wasting my time checking my email every few hours?
Tichondrius
Arnath - UD Warlock (Tailoring/Herbalism)
Seirei - Troll Priest (Mining/Skinning)
Bhim - Tauren Warrior (Mining/Herbalism)
According to the rules on the first page of the contest, the signups are from the 13th to the 20th, and acceptance mails go out on the 1st of October. So yes, you're wasting your time.
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]