New patch notes!
I was lying in bed wondering about that last night. I don't recall seeing gemology on the skill screen where skills can/could be unlearned. Without the skill points from gemology I would not have had enough for artisan engineer anyhow at the time the servers were shut down.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Yeap, that's the bug with gemology. Once learned, you can't unlearn it.

Also I would like to say that even though shamans got some talents and seem like they got a major power boost, from looking druids changes it might be they who will be even more powerful. Cat's form with new changes seems just as powerful then rogue (if not even better), bear form better then warrior (thanks to severe rage drain increase in warriors, and bears get a "charge" talent, that although doesn't generate rage, can be used repeatedly in combat with 15 sec cooldown), and even the normal form good at nuking and healing.
I didn't get to an inn, but I'm not that upset about it.
I am kinda mad about losing my D2 chars, but not that much, I haven't played with them much in over 3 years.
I AM kinda pissed that there were no racial changes to humans. I realize racial changes aren't meant to be that big a deal in WoW, and that's fine, but when I'm supposed to get more skill points and then they take that away, I'm thinking "with my mining and engineering, I should have been a dwarf". I can't even remake that character now if I wanted to :)

What dissapoints me the most is that I've been sick for 5 days, and I was physically able to play WoW for about 6 hours.
Bleh.

Do we know for a fact that the patch goes in right after the servers are back?
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Magicbag,Sep 20 2004, 03:00 PM Wrote:Do we know for a fact that the patch goes in right after the servers are back?
-MB
My understanding is that they will make the patch available for download before the servers are brought back online.
Tal,Sep 20 2004, 08:09 PM Wrote:My understanding is that they will make the patch available for download before the servers are brought back online.
Yep, at least that's their announced plan. However, with all of the major bugs that Korean players are reporting, perhaps they'll delay the patch a bit longer to get these things fixed. At least one can hope.
No wow make Tal bored. ;)
lemekim,Sep 20 2004, 08:30 AM Wrote:
LavCat,Sep 20 2004, 04:08 AM Wrote:I did not expect to find much sympathy.&nbsp; I was holding out to try to reach artisan engineer.&nbsp; Of course if they had mentioned that gemology was being dropped before the server shutdown I would have turned in my skill points and had the 600 that I needed for engineering when the subject of the trade skill changes first came up.&nbsp; It was stated in the trade skill deletion topic that survival was being dropped, why did they leave the gemology information till the patch notes when it was a bit too late?

"Server shutdown in 5 minutes" is normally plenty of notice to make it to a trainer.&nbsp; "Server shutdown in 1 minute" is not.
I don't think you can unlearn gemology anyway... So it wouldn't have mattered =\
Lem is correcto. You cannot/could not unlearn gemology. I learned that one the hard way. O'course it doesn't matter now.
And the patch is now ready to download! Just go to front page:

teh patch

And hi Jini =)

Oh and meanwhile, here is a link to some druid talents (they make shaman talents seem weak):

http://eongames.com/wow/druidtalents.html
lemekim,Sep 20 2004, 10:21 PM Wrote:Oh and meanwhile, here is a link to some druid talents (they make shaman talents seem weak):
We should make a five player all-druid team and see how it does. I mean, think about how adaptable a team like that would be!
Sign me up! It's going to be a real challenge to allocate talent points; based on the preliminary info we've got, there seem to be an awful lot of good talents. There's going to be a bit of peer pressure to put points into healing, to be more party-friendly, but mmmm... increased Stealth speed? 100% crit with Starfire and Moonfire? Too many choices! :)

Edit: My preliminary take on the client is not too good. It seems to work, but the text on the buttons is quite badly misaligned. Oh well, cosmetic stuff is less critical, I suppose.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I had (and bugged in more detail than this) the same problem with the text being misaligned. It actually started with me noticing that the load progress screen was switching resolutions (appears letterboxed) about halfway through the load process. Then I log in, and all my text is down and to the right a little, as is the mini-map graphics (not the frame -- just the map itself). I swapped to a lower resolution (I run in 1280 x 1024) and it solved the problem. I swapped back up to my preferred resolution and it remained fine. However, every time I completely shut down the client and start it back up again, I have to redo this (but not when just switching characters).
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->