Fight Log Window
I understand that blizzard is trying to minimize the number of thiings going on in the messages section, but when Hogger one shots me, I want to know how/why. I know that damage is quickly displayed on your character, but it's counter intuitive for me to watch damage there, look for resists, monster running, etc in the central area, and perform all my spells and abilities at the same time.

What I'd really like is a fight log, ideally a window, that can be open or closed. But that you can go back to and realize what happened. Things like spells expiring, spells casting, damage, deaths, etc should all go there.

Is this somehting that is already implemented someplace and I'm just to new to realize it, or is this something that doesn't exist in any form? If it doesn't is it something that others think would be helpful?
Thanks,
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Post a screen shot of how you have your screen configured. Unless something changed in the the new patch (which I, for one, am still downloading) it sounds like you are not displaying the combat log. The default position for the combat log is/was on the lower right.

You may have to unlock the window positions if you have them fixed.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Sounds like you have advance chat turned on. Go into options, and click on simple chat. If that doesn't work than more than likely you have it turned off. Default to turn the combat log on and off is shift C iirc.
it's fun to be a n00b. Sigh.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-