Singer Barbarian
Hey guys, im planning to build a Singer Barbarian

This are gonna be the skills :

20 taunt
20 howl
20 battle cry
20 war cry
20 battle orders,

Just a few Q's, Is warcry damage physical or magic damage ?
Warcry speed is based on FCR IIRC ?
Any suggestion for items/otherskills ?
Quote:Just a few Q's, Is warcry damage physical or magic damage ?
Warcry speed is based on FCR IIRC ?
Any suggestion for items/otherskills ?

Physical.
Yes, based on the barb fast cast breakpoints.

Well, skillwise you will most likely need a point in natural resist. Leap(not leap attack;the knockback on leap is nice) can be very useful to enter the center of a large mob and begin Yelling. My warcry barb also put a point into find item/potion; with the + skills and tons of mana you are likely to have, they will be useful at 1 point. Find potion can help refill your rejuvs; mana potions do nothing for a barb with over 1.5K mana. Warcy sucks mana like nothing else, if you expect to kill with it that is.

As for items, go for items with as much +mana as you can find. Forget about energy, the ratio of MP/energy to HP/vit is too poor to bother with it. +mana gear will add up real fast with a high lvl BO, and with low str/dex most warcry barbs can easily top 4-5K life, and 1.5-2K mana.

Get a melee merc. Hopefully one who can tank leaders in Hell. Mana burn is your bane. Warcry barbs are one of the most underrated types of characters, and are tons of fun to play. Good luck.
tnx alot !

For the stats, so Str req for EQ and dex for dual wizspike (hopefully dual HOTO :P) and rest VIT , would be nice life :P. I already got a few 20/15 SC's :)

Hmmm about the skills

With the current build :
20 howl
20 taunt
20 battle cry
20 war cry
20 battle orders
1 battle command
1 find item
1 find potion (preq)
1 shout (preq)
1 iron skin (preq)
1 natural resistance

thats 106 total, thats lvl 95 :|
any suggestion on what skills to take last ?...last BO or last damage i guess...

Another Q, Does battle cry work with war cry ?
if so then will my damage income be lot lower cuz of -50% damage on there attaks (atleast, if they hit me :P)
Quote:Another Q, Does battle cry work with war cry ?
if so then will my damage income be lot lower cuz of -50% damage on there attaks (atleast, if they hit me )

Yes warcry will stack with battlecry or taunt, as well as Amp damage(note Amp and battlecry don't stack). If you can find someway for your merc or a friendly necro to amp monsters, your killing speed will increase dramatically. Standard practice is to battlecry all leaders and act bosses. It will dramatically reduce your damage, but you shouldn't be attacked by hardly anyone anyway. The only guys who can't be stunned should be tanked by your merc anyway. Battlecry will certainly help the merc though. The reduced defense from battlecry can have a significant effect as well as the reduced damage.

Quote:any suggestion on what skills to take last ?...last BO or last damage i guess...

BO *first* usually; mainly for the increase to your mana. The life doesn't hurt either, but in normal/NM I suppose it doesn't really matter. My warcry barb was my first character of the season, so I was playing untwinked all the way. I also play HC, so survivablility was the #1 goal.

I upped things in ~this order:

max BO--To survive HC, and to have enough mana for warcry.

1-4 to natural resists--I actually put a few points here;I was hurting for resists and had no decent gear.

~10 to warcry--I kept this low until I reached hell; the damage was enough for NM(with synergies), and the mana cost was easier to bear than if I had maxed it right away.

max battlecry--Battlecry does affect act bosses, and will lower their damage against you and more importantly your merc. It will often spell the difference between having to tank the act boss yourself, or being able leave it up to your merc. I maxed it early both for the damage synergy, and the added effectiveness vs act bosses/leaders.

finish warcry--When entering hell, I needed the damage boost. I had enough mana at that point to sustain a long warcry sequence anyway.

Max taunt--Taunt is a ridiculously useful skill, and it's a shame that most barb players hardly use it. Use it often and well vs ranged attackers; it will draw them into your warcry radius. It is a 1 point wonder though, and does *not* stack with battlecry. The only reason to max it is the damage synergy.

1 find item/potion/leap-- My warcry barb became my mf char and needed leap get over the moat to Meph. The reason for leap was as simple as that. I went for find item so I could get the second chance at Mfing council members.

rest into howl--I did howl last, because with warcry I hardly ever used howl; there's no need to make monsters flee when the only ones it works on are stunned anyway. Only reason for the points is the synergy.