WE HAVE RETURNED!
Apparently, I need to log in every time I return to the board. Usually I was logged on all the time.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Sep 26 2004, Wrote:Now, as far as forumtitles go; I was "village idiot" over on Yegg's Tavern (www.diablo2.com) countless aeons ago, but I felt it didn't really embody *me* as a person. I'll have to think about it over breakfast.
[right][snapback]56422[/snapback][/right]

LOL I remember having YoYo bestow that title on you. :D And IIRC you took the teasing very much in stride and with good humor. :)
Tal,Sep 26 2004, 01:16 PM Wrote:LOL I remember having YoYo bestow that title on you. :D And IIRC you took the teasing very much in stride and with good humor.  :)
[right][snapback]56426[/snapback][/right]

Actually, I PMed Lothar and bitched about it, and he switched it back :lol:
[wcip]Angel,Sep 26 2004, Wrote:Apparently, I need to log in every time I return to the board. Usually I was logged on all the time.

Try finding your LL cookie and nuking it? It's working for me. Anyone else having trouble with the remembering of logins?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Doc,Sep 26 2004, 07:04 AM Wrote:I can't seem to find the option for changing a title under your avatar.

Oh well. Probably for the best. I would only do something silly.

Try it now.

By the way, the site seems blazingly fast for me right now. Can anyone else comment on performance?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Sep 26 2004, 08:53 AM Wrote:Try finding your LL cookie and nuking it?  It's working for me.  Anyone else having trouble with the remembering of logins?

-Bolty
[right][snapback]56429[/snapback][/right]

Yep, but I haven't flushed my cookies yet to see if that fixes it.

And things do seem to be loading up faster on the new host.

Edit: Cleared out the cookies and still doesn't keep me logged in between sessions. I even shut down Firefox after getting rid of the cookies and before visiting the site again.
Intolerant monkey.
Bolty,Sep 26 2004, 09:57 AM Wrote:Try it now.

By the way, the site seems blazingly fast for me right now.  Can anyone else comment on performance?

-Bolty
[right][snapback]56431[/snapback][/right]

It's awesome for me. Great job, Bolty! :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Hmmm. Suddenly, I got "threaded" view or whatever it's called. How do I fix this?
Bolty,Sep 22 2004, 07:04 PM Wrote:That being said, anyone who has a post count higher than me posts too much!  What's wrong with you people?  j/k  :)

On the other hand, anyone who has a post count higher than me posts too much!
*blush blush* :rolleyes:

Rogue
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
[wcip]Angel,Sep 26 2004, Wrote:Hmmm. Suddenly, I got "threaded" view or whatever it's called. How do I fix this?
[right][snapback]56438[/snapback][/right]

You can blame me, I suggested setting it as the default and Bolty went ahead and did it. I can't say for sure that it was from my suggestion, but it happened shortly after my post in the Suggestion Box. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Sep 26 2004, 02:33 PM Wrote:You can blame me, I suggested setting it as the default and Bolty went ahead and did it.  I can't say for sure that it was from my suggestion, but it happened shortly after my post in the Suggestion Box. :)
[right][snapback]56443[/snapback][/right]

[Image: yell.gif]
Just kidding. :P

But how do I fix it?
I am missing 2 options at the moment: 1) Switching between threaded view and the other mode and 2) Chosing a skin for the board. I like the blue default skin and would like to cment it for me :)
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
[wcip]Angel,Sep 26 2004, Wrote:[Image: yell.gif]
Just kidding. :P

But how do I fix it?
[right][snapback]56447[/snapback][/right]

It's not a bad idea to have it as default. I'm another one though who prefers linear view

I couldn't find an option for this in the Board Settings section of My Profile and the linear view option at the top right of threads reverts if you go onto the second page of a thread
YAY! The forums are back :D! Just thought I would ask if there are any plans on the skin. Going to switch to the old skin or are we going to get a new one?

NoMaD

EDIT: This layout is going to take some getting used to. Very confusing so far but I am certain I can figure this out with no problem.

EDIT: Anyway to see all the replies in a topic without having to click on each individual one?
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
I'm thinking there is some serious cookie issues. Not only are auto-logins messed up but on other boards running the same version, once you click on a different view style (outline, linear, linear+) it stays at that style. I'm thinking we have a deeper issue with this install. You can go play around at the Elder Scrolls forum if you want to see how things probably should be working here. Of course the boards been up for what, a couple of hours? So there are bound to be little issues.

I also noticed that the setting in My Controls for "make fast reply open if available" stays set to no even when I change it to yes.

Edit: Hmm this was a reply to Brista about the views, I don't know why it didn't get threaded into place. I hit the big reply button, not the little one on the post that includes the quote since I didn't want the quote. Maybe there are more threading issues than I thought too.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Well, as for the threaded view, on the very top of the first post in the thread, you will see three options: Outline (threaded), Standard, and Linear. I haven't seen an option for this in the control panel, so right now it looks like we have to click "Outline" at the top of each thread to view in threaded mode.

Another thing I noticed is that I have to sign in every time I visit the forums before I can post, it won't log me in automatically, even though I have the box checked.

Good job getting everything moved Bolty!

EDIT: I'm kinda confused on this, are you planning on making a skin for the forums? Or are you just leaving the default on?
WWBBD?
Hi,

Occhidiangela,Sep 26 2004, 07:30 AM Wrote:On the other hand, anyone who has a post count higher than me posts too much!
*blush blush*  :rolleyes:
Rogue
[right][snapback]56441[/snapback][/right]

There are only about eight people who have post counts higher than Bolty. And you're three of them :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Soothing colors.

Nice work Bolty.
OMG :|
im sorry, but i hate this new look!!!!, and its #$%&ed that u cant SCROLL DOWN anymore in the posts, now u need to CLICK if u want to read the next reply :|

Im sorry mate, it's been a lot of work i know, but its not my faforite thing ...sorry bout that
Grats, Bolty!

I came to, well, lurk, only to find the site was down. Good to see that the forums have migrated.

:)

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.