Quick fix?
I have noticed in the Outline view, that there is no differentiation between posts that are read and un-read. Is this a quick setting change for the board?

Thanks Bolty!
WWBBD?
Yrrek,Oct 2 2004, 02:39 PM Wrote:I have noticed in the Outline view, that there is no differentiation between posts that are read and un-read. Is this a quick setting change for the board?

Thanks Bolty!
[right][snapback]56920[/snapback][/right]

There should be. I believe posts that are unread have a red "star" by their mini-icon, right? If you see all posts as having the star, or no posts as having them, maybe it's a cookie issue.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Oct 3 2004, 08:22 AM Wrote:There should be.  I believe posts that are unread have a red "star" by their mini-icon, right?  If you see all posts as having the star, or no posts as having them, maybe it's a cookie issue.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]56955[/snapback][/right]

If you don't leave the site and there is a new post in an outlined thread that you have already read, only the new post (or posts) show with the red star. However, if there was a post made after you have left the board and then came back, not just the new posts have the red star - all of the posts in the thread have that red star.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Oct 3 2004, 09:29 AM Wrote:If you don't leave the site and there is a new post in an outlined thread that you have already read, only the new post (or posts) show with the red star.  However, if there was a post made after you have left the board and then came back, not just the new posts have the red star - all of the posts in the thread have that red star.
[right][snapback]56957[/snapback][/right]

Gotta be a bug, then, or a flaw in design. This IS a .00 version of the software (2.0).

By the way, nice sig image :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Oct 3 2004, 09:04 AM Wrote:By the way, nice sig image  :)

[right][snapback]56959[/snapback][/right]

Well, I figured since that's about all I've ever done here over the years, (except for a couple of posts here and there) it was rather fitting. ;)

Edit: Forgot to say, "Thanks." And I used to have such good manners too. *sighs* ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Hi!

I thought I might as well jump in here, for I didn't want to open a new topic - forgive me!
The one issue I was puzzled about is, I couldn't find a link to the FAQ, the forum rules or the n-etiquette anymore. They seem to have vanished. Would be nice to see them up there again, just for reference.
(If I just failed to find them, please squeeze down my nose on them straightaway!)
Thanks!

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Fragbait,Oct 21 2004, 03:40 AM Wrote:Hi!

I thought I might as well jump in here, for I didn't want to open a new topic - forgive me!
The one issue I was puzzled about is, I couldn't find a link to the FAQ, the forum rules or the n-etiquette anymore. They seem to have vanished. Would be nice to see them up there again, just for reference.
(If I just failed to find them, please squeeze down my nose on them straightaway!)
Thanks!

Greetings, Fragbait
[right][snapback]57858[/snapback][/right]

They'll be up when the new skin Bolty's working on is done.
Until then, the FAQ and etiquette can be found here, if anyone needs them:
FAQ
etiquette
Forum Rules

EDIT: Found the forum rules too!
Refrigerator,Oct 21 2004, 09:44 PM Wrote:Until then, the FAQ and etiquette can be found here, if anyone needs them:
FAQ
etiquette
[right][snapback]57904[/snapback][/right]

Y'know, the etiquette needs to be hosted on something other than a Geocities website.
DeeBye,Oct 21 2004, 10:20 PM Wrote:Y'know, the etiquette needs to be hosted on something other than a Geocities website.
[right][snapback]57908[/snapback][/right]

I have a Purdue account that could host it.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
pakman,Oct 24 2004, 12:28 PM Wrote:I have a Purdue account that could host it.
[right][snapback]58037[/snapback][/right]

I would think the new content system Bolty is designing would allow for the Etiquette to be hosted on the LL and still be updated by Elric. :)