Diablo 1 in 3D with D&D rules?
For those of you who own Neverwinter Nights and want to take yet another trip down memory lane:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/...363942000.shtml

The Lord of Terror - The Diablo Campaign is a fan-made mod for NWN that is a pretty amazing recreation of the original Diablo 1 game (plus Hellfire). Very detailed with a lot attention to detail (quests, items, characters, monsters - even down to unique bosses being at the right spots) and some insider gags (like henchmen with pretty well-known names) B)

The download is potentially HUGE as it requires the CEP, a large hackpack AND a large music pack for the full experience, but it's well worth it. All the well known NPC are back, with their speeches, all the original music and even those quests that were on the CD but not in the final game...

All that and you are not restricted to 3 character classes :P

I have a few minor quibbles with some design decisions (Diablo NEVER spawned monsters out of nowhere, especially not BEHIND you ;) ) but overall, I found it a fun game to play... again

Hmmm.... Anyone interested in some multiplayer NWN Diablo by chance? :ph34r:

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...
and still keep the frog you started with.
Armin,Oct 22 2004, 05:20 AM Wrote:Hmmm.... Anyone interested in some multiplayer NWN Diablo by chance?  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]57928[/snapback][/right]

You host, I'm there.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Oct 22 2004, 02:30 PM Wrote:You host, I'm there.
[right][snapback]57932[/snapback][/right]
I downloaded it and played a little bit. Looks like a lot of fun. I would certainly be interested in trying it online.
Glad someone did it better than I could. I tried to do a Diablo conversion mod, but it didn't pan out. Too difficult for my incredibly minor NWN Toolset skills (God how I hate that thing).

I'll check it out when I get around to installing NWN again (which means when I find all the blasted CD keys for it). In the meantime, I've been itching for some REAL Diablo. Maybe I'll try playing my old mod some more. Hell, maybe I'll even finish it. Only a hundred or so minor, tedious changes to go! :P
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Have'nt played NWN for a while , although my children are hooked on it , I think I will give this a try .
Take care
Raven Vale,Oct 23 2004, 04:10 AM Wrote:Have'nt played NWN for a while , although my children are hooked on it , I think I will give this a try .
[right][snapback]57984[/snapback][/right]

It's a lot of fun. I played it awhile ago. They also have two or three Zelda titles converted and a whole slew of other games for the NWN engine. Too much fun :D .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
For those of you who don't have NWN, but want to play, check out this link.

All you have to pay for is S&H for $5.99 and it requires an email (you'll probably want an email you can sacrafice). It ships quickly and although they automatically sign up your email for a free newsletter, it looks like they haven't sold mine out to any outside groups... yet. All around it is a good deal. It comes with three discs in paper sleeves, one players manual and a map of Neverwinter on a hankie(?).
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
The folks at Seven Lances have been contemplating making a few changes so that the thing would be good to be a persistant world, then hosting it over here/there. =)

Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Just another recomendation for this module, its really fun.

-Ralph
Just been playing this one myself. Neat. Playing a spear-focused Fighter/WM this time, gonna try something rogue-like (D1 rogue) next time. I'm only on Church 4 so far, so I'm just getting started. Took my warhammer along to whack Leoric and his skeletons, as the damage resistance is there, as it was in D1, so there's lots of attention to detail. It also includes the Hellfire additions of the Hive, and the Crypt, and some other stuff out in the forest, and some D2 items/bosses are in there, like Andariel and Izual. Items like Venom Ward, Iceblink, etc. Definitely a change of pace!

Should be interesting. It is a HUGE download, but, if you like NWN and Diablo, you'll get some enjoyment out of it.

YMMV, of course.
--Mav
Mephista,Jan 12 2005, 05:03 PM Wrote:The folks at Seven Lances have been contemplating making a few changes so that the thing would be good to be a persistant world, then hosting it over here/there.  =)
[right][snapback]65173[/snapback][/right]

What? How would you do a persistant world with Diablo 1? Do they plan to add content and such? This sounds very exciting, but I lost the link to seven-lances. Wait, let me check this sites links before asking for one...

P.S. that reminds me about The Dark mod for D1. Apparently some modders found out how to make CEL and CEL1's for Diablo 1 so there are going to be some new graphics and all sorts of cool stuff in D1 mods to come, and hopefully for new versions of The Dark also!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Read again. :D

A Neverwinter Nights persistent world, using the Lord of Terror module from:

http://nwn.tolitz.com/lordofterror

Edit: I shouldn't have said 'persistent world'. doh.
--Mav
As a game, NWN was alright - I never did complete it - and I bought the Shadows of Undertide and Hordes of the Underdark expansions, but never even played them. I was just waiting until I had a large chunk of time to do nothing and then play and beat them all, but then I saw a ton of modules for NWN and realized my goal of beating the game and its expansions was unrealistic. I needed to just have the goal of having fun. With that goal, I set aside the game until I both had a large chunk of free-time and wanted to play video games again (I haven’t played anything for a very long time now). It was after reading this post that I decided to dust off the NWN memory location on my hard-drive, download this module and give it a try.

I must say that I am having the time of my life playing this module, even more so than I did playing the original Diablo if you can believe that... I barley can because D1 was my favorite game of all time! I love that this module has a more detailed depth of story and NPC personality/reaction's, the ability to do more things in game that you ever could in Diablo 1 including the ability to have a greater affect on your environment, and I should mention that the music (esp. the reworked sound scores) are simply perfection! I should mention that I have a hireling named "Jarluf" :lol: . This MOD allows you to complete all of Diablo 1 (plus previously hidden/removed quests), all of Hellfire, and there are special surprises all along the way, not to mention bonus content related to Diablo and the world of Sanctuary. Also, on the creator's web-site, he states he [might] create expansions to this module, adding more depth to the world of Sanctuary. Seriously, this is THE most fun I've had with a video game in a long, long time... I highly recommend it!

-EDIT- Reworded a bit.
Hi all :)

I saw this module at the Vault as well and it's been added to my queue of NWN mods to play. I did take a brief glance at TLoT in the toolset and it looks to be very well done - much better than I could have done. Like Roland, I too tried to recreate D1 for NWN, but that project quickly evaporated as my small attention span took me elsewhere.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. It's been a while since I poked my head in these forums.
The more of it there is,
The less you see.
[quote=Layil,Feb 11 2005, 11:57 PM]
Hi all :)

Hey there, stranger:) I noticed that a server called Barovia has this mod running most of the time. It is listed under the "action" games. I never see anyone playing, however. I have occasionally entered one of those games and if someone else had already started playing and talked to the first NPC you see, he disappears and later arriving players cannot even enter Tristram. I hope the developer fixes this bug in the game, otherwise if you want to play together online you need to arrive at the same time and not speak to that NPC until everyone is there.
[quote=Thenryb,Feb 15 2005, 08:27 AM]
[quote=Layil,Feb 11 2005, 11:57 PM]
Quote:If someone else had already started playing and talked to the first NPC you see, he disappears and later arriving players cannot even enter Tristram.

Darn, that would definitly be a problem for a consistant world. The creator of the MOD said it use to be a consistant world and he would like to get it back up as a consistant world. He thinks if enough people express interest, bioware will allow him to run the MOD as a consistant world off their servers.

Quote: http://www.tolitz.com/myforums/showthread.php?t=5