Upcoming Paladin talents...
Hey everyone.

I'm looking to coordinate the testing of talent trees, to see how they are when Paladins are given talents (supposedly in the next patch).

Do I have any takers? Let me know if your're interested.

Of course, we won't know what the trees there are until we get them, but before we just start dumping points into the talents, I thought that coordinating the testing would be best.

Thanks,

SaxyCorp
Saxywoo,Oct 25 2004, 06:44 AM Wrote:Of course, we won't know what the trees there are until we get them, but before we just start dumping points into the talents, I thought that coordinating the testing would be best.

I suppose, but keep in mind you can retrain talents all you want, so I suggest that individuals experiment freely and try different configurations. Also, I suggest that you attempt to reserve judgement about individual talents until you really try them out. In other words, don't base your judgements on the talent description alone. I ended up liking some priest talents that I thought sounded "useless" in the beginning. And along those lines, don't get caught up in "group think" on what the "best" talents are and what the "useless" ones are. Keep in mind that a group at Blizzard spent a long time thinking up and designing the talents, and at the time, they didn't think they were useless. This doesn't mean that there aren't "useless" talents. It just means that at the time they didn't think they were useless, and it helps to keep an open mind and figure out why they didn't think they were useless at the time.

Also, note that what people often forget is that there really are different player styles. Some talents that are useless to one person are pivotal to another.
MongoJerry,Oct 25 2004, 02:05 PM Wrote:Also, note that what people often forget is that there really are different player styles.  Some talents that are useless to one person are pivotal to another.
[right][snapback]58102[/snapback][/right]

I agree with you that playing styles can range greatly from player to player. But someone that tries out something might say "Hey, this talent and this talent seem like they would be best played by someone of this playing style. You might want to give it a try."

Granted, I figured that we would end up doing it anyway, but I just thought that it would be nice to coordinate the effort.

My guess is that there will be one tree that will turn the Paladin into more of a tank (to lean more towards the group primary tank-ready Paladin, and another one that will make it more of the healer. Leaving the third to possibly be geared towards the group buffs - auras, so that they are beefed up. But again, that is only speculation.

-SaxyCorp
Saxywoo,Oct 25 2004, 09:44 AM Wrote:Hey everyone.

I'm looking to coordinate the testing of talent trees, to see how they are when Paladins are given talents (supposedly in the next patch).

Do I have any takers?  Let me know if your're interested.

Of course, we won't know what the trees there are until we get them, but before we just start dumping points into the talents, I thought that coordinating the testing would be best.

Thanks,

SaxyCorp
[right][snapback]58100[/snapback][/right]

You know I'll be testing them. Have 48 of those buggers lying around. Can't wait to give them a try. :D
Tal,Oct 25 2004, 11:57 AM Wrote:You know I'll be testing them. Have 48 of those buggers lying around. Can't wait to give them a try. :D
[right][snapback]58113[/snapback][/right]

Is it just me, or does Sharanna (sp?) look like an elf with that helm/circlet/thing on her head?

I also heard that Shaman got talents, but the website doesn't list the trees, or what they are. Anyone know anything about this?

/hijack
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Tal,Oct 25 2004, 08:57 AM Wrote:You know I'll be testing them. Have 48 of those buggers lying around. Can't wait to give them a try. :D
[right][snapback]58113[/snapback][/right]

Not 48....50...soon to be 51 by the time the patch comes out... :P
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Artega,Oct 26 2004, 11:12 PM Wrote:I also heard that Shaman got talents, but the website doesn't list the trees, or what they are.  Anyone know anything about this?

/hijack
[right][snapback]58316[/snapback][/right]

Best way to know considering the way changes keep rearranging the talent trees and how some of them work would be to run a shaman up to level 10 on one of the servers so you could check the layout each patch.

Baring that you could try this if the site is not overloaded.
http://www.thottbot.com/?ti=Shaman
Artega,Oct 26 2004, 11:12 PM Wrote:Is it just me, or does Sharanna (sp?) look like an elf with that helm/circlet/thing on her head?
/hijack
[right][snapback]58316[/snapback][/right]

Heh. Yes the circlets/crowns have pointy-type ears on them. I kinda liked the look but have had to give it up for adventuring in exchange for a nice plate helm from the Golem Phalanx in BlackRock Depths.
Lissa,Oct 27 2004, 01:31 AM Wrote:Not 48....50...soon to be 51 by the time the patch comes out...  :P
[right][snapback]58325[/snapback][/right]

LOL - 49 now. Unfortunately I won't be able to make a serious run on 60 until after Halloween. :D
Tal,Oct 27 2004, 06:09 AM Wrote:LOL - 49 now. Unfortunately I won't be able to make a serious run on 60 until after Halloween. :D
[right][snapback]58351[/snapback][/right]

You're forgetting you start getting talents at 10 and don't get any talents up to lv 9, thus, it is present level - 9 for total talents. Check your talent tab, you'll see you have 50 right now.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.