Guild Wars weekend
Bolty,Oct 28 2004, 09:30 PM Wrote:If anyone figures out how to start a guild, go nuts.
[right][snapback]58545[/snapback][/right]
I found the guild registrar in Lion's Arch. I didn't have 50 gold though so didn't start one. I'll come back when I do and make one. I'll just go with Lurkers Lounge. I'm not sure what the guild tag is for. It only allows 4 letters so I assume it will show with the character name. I'll use LoLu for that. For a banner, I kind of liked this:
[Image: gwguildbanner.gif]

p.s. I added the names posted so far to my friends list. Add Lochnar Stxlauncher and Lochnar Lovinlife if you so choose.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
MongoJerry,Oct 28 2004, 11:32 PM Wrote:I found the guild creation guy.  Unfortunately, he wants 50 gold to create a guild.  Luckily, it looks like 50 gold isn't as hard to come by as 50 gold in WoW, but as I'm too tired to figure out a new game at the moment, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to really venture off into the world.  The game looks neat though.
[right][snapback]58555[/snapback][/right]
I've got 50, I can start it. What should the name be?
The error occurred on line -1.
Bolty,Oct 28 2004, 07:30 PM Wrote:If anyone figures out how to start a guild, go nuts.  And if anyone figures out how to invert the mouse, TELL ME!  (note: if I can't, I can't buy this game.  I'll get vertigo every time I think I'm moving the camera down and it goes up instead.)

-Bolty
[right][snapback]58545[/snapback][/right]

Can't you just invert your mouse in the control panel for now?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Zippyy,Oct 28 2004, 11:48 PM Wrote:I've got 50, I can start it.  What should the name be?
[right][snapback]58560[/snapback][/right]
Artega (Corvus Darksteel) and I pooled and started the Lounging Lurkers. Come one, come all!
The error occurred on line -1.
MEAT,Oct 28 2004, 08:55 PM Wrote:Can't you just invert your mouse in the control panel for now?
[right][snapback]58561[/snapback][/right]

I'm on as Lurker Meat BTW. Forgot to put that. So far, I'm really enjoying this game :D .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Zippyy,Oct 29 2004, 12:00 PM Wrote:Artega (Corvus Darksteel) and I pooled and started the Lounging Lurkers.  Come one, come all!
[right][snapback]58562[/snapback][/right]

How do I locate you guys? I tried whispering a greeting to "Corvus Darksteel" but got no reply. My chracter BTW is Xyngynkynyn Skyz.
Peace,
Xyngynkynyn
Oh yea, I'm Walkiry Lurker for anyone interested in a chat. Oh I'm so leaving early from work today.

P.S: Now that Bolty has said it I don't feel "weird" for doing so myself: if the mouse cannot be inverted I can't play this game, so it'd make the decision pretty easy for me :)
Has anyone else noticed that with certain skills, your death penalty (if you have one) increases? Or is it just something silly with my chars? I've bug reported it anyway, but I was just curious. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Oct 29 2004, 02:46 PM Wrote:Has anyone else noticed that with certain skills, your death penalty (if you have one) increases?  Or is it just something silly with my chars?  I've bug reported it anyway, but I was just curious. :)
[right][snapback]58592[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I've noticed that. I asked in another forum if anyone had noticed and it tuns out the "Death Penalty" is just their generic penalty for everything. I was mighty confused, and sure as hell have bugged it.
Walkiry,Oct 29 2004, 11:28 AM Wrote:Yeah, I've noticed that. I asked in another forum if anyone had noticed and it tuns out the "Death Penalty" is just their generic penalty for everything. I was mighty confused, and sure as hell have bugged it.
[right][snapback]58600[/snapback][/right]

RE: skills, There is a generic +/- percentage to Health and Mana/energy that exists. Morale increases it (not sure how this happens, but I've seen it in effect) and deaths decrease it (by 15% per death). Certain skills may also affect this percentage.

I played heavily yesterday, alas, I'm with a non-lurker community there. However for gold accrual purposes, generic drops sell for 2 gold, some like dyes for 1.

Gambling is pretty risky, 25 gold to see 3 rare skills, 25 more to buy one (of the three). You need a class specific "ring" that is used up once used to create the actual skill from the skill you buy. These rings don't drop very often.

I'm really enjoying the game, the only thing I really hate is the lack of an autorun. However since I'm the groups primary healer, I just follow people with the spacebar and hang in the back.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Yesterday I created a Warrior/Elementalist with mega mace skills named Kandrathe Skyrrim. I've been soloing mostly with a monk henchman, but the AI healer tends to use area effect heal too much and some battles get tedious when my henchman heals the opponent faster than I can damage it.

After seeing the new naming scheme added a Monk Mezmer for multi person play - Lurker Kandrathe.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Magicbag,Oct 29 2004, 10:48 AM Wrote:RE: skills, There is a generic +/- percentage to Health and Mana/energy that exists.&nbsp; Morale increases it (not sure how this happens, but I've seen it in effect) and deaths decrease it (by 15% per death). Certain skills may also affect this percentage.

I played heavily yesterday, alas, I'm with a non-lurker community there.&nbsp; However for gold accrual purposes, generic drops sell for 2 gold, some like dyes for 1.

<snip>

I'm really enjoying the game, the only thing I really hate is the lack of an autorun.&nbsp; However since I'm the groups primary healer, I just follow people with the spacebar and hang in the back.
-MB
[right][snapback]58601[/snapback][/right]
If the skill affects that general percentage, it should say so in the skill description. Not all of the ranger skills list that it can lead to a health and mana hit. And it seems to only be when I already have a dealth penalty where it increases that penalty. Very strange. I have had the morale boosts and some of the skills that decrease the percentage when you are already negative do not have any effect if you use them when you have a positive bonus. There's something buggy about it.

That's why you don't sell to the vendors unless absolutely necessary. Trade with players instead and your gold will skyrocket.

The game is okay, but nothing that I'm really going to spend money on, even though I wouldn't have to pay to play. It's just not that exciting and new. I'll just dust off some old games and play those instead. :)
Intolerant monkey.
LochnarITB,Oct 28 2004, 09:35 PM Wrote:[right][snapback]58556[/snapback][/right]

I am still laughing. My video went completely nuts, with what I can only describe as a Cathode Ray Tube Acid Trip experience when I entered the first mission. It got so silly, I had to check out. Took a few screenies, will try to remember how to post them to the LL.

Gawd, that was funny. I think we killed something, but given the video chaos I was presented with, I am not sure. Will try again.

Will attempt to join the Lounging Lurkers Guild.

Caffeine still not as stimulating as that five minutes of psychedelic insanity.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
LochnarITB,Oct 28 2004, 10:35 PM Wrote:I found the guild registrar in Lion's Arch.&nbsp; I didn't have 50 gold though so didn't start one.&nbsp; I'll come back when I do and make one.&nbsp; I'll just go with Lurkers Lounge.&nbsp; I'm not sure what the guild tag is for.&nbsp; It only allows 4 letters so I assume it will show with the character name.&nbsp; I'll use LoLu for that.&nbsp; For a banner, I kind of liked this:
[Image: gwguildbanner.gif]

p.s. I added the names posted so far to my friends list.&nbsp; Add Lochnar Stxlauncher and Lochnar Lovinlife if you so choose.
[right][snapback]58556[/snapback][/right]

How do you join a guild?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Swiss Mercenary,Oct 28 2004, 09:36 PM Wrote:Humm...

Any of you guys figure out how to activate that bridge in the "Rescue the poor conscripted saps, erm, the Chosen" mission? I'm suspecting that there's a plant, similar to the one near the other bridge... Somewhere, that is.
[right][snapback]58547[/snapback][/right]

After you are being trailed by the Eye, you run across a high bridge and there is the leader of a savaged wagon train that give you that BONUS mission. I died soon after that to a pack of six tenchu's.

Occhidiangela,Oct 29 2004, 11:34 AM Wrote:I am still laughing.
[right][snapback]58608[/snapback][/right]
Hehe, you got my whisper? I didn't know if you had and saw that you were gone so I thought you might have missed it. Glad it gave you a giggle! I hope you get the video ironed out so you can give it another try.

kandrathe,Oct 29 2004, 11:46 AM Wrote:How do you join a guild?
[right][snapback]58609[/snapback][/right]
You need an invitation. I don't know if anyone from the guild can send it or just the person that set it up. Whisper someone and ask them to send an invite. It will show up under the guild tab and you select it and accept. Voila!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
IT gets funnier. I was on a quest where I had this Illuninatae looking eye pyramid over my head, was stomping some booty with my henchmen, and all of a sudden we hit inferno Imps and I became fertilizer. On an earlier mission, I had been ressed by a henchman, but on this one, those rubes forgot their charms. Mine was of little use, so there I sat, watching one of the Henchmen "chat" about wanting to become the world's greatest Mesmer.

OH well, won't get much more time at this game, may let my son play this weekend as Reprobate Rogue. If you see Reprobate Rogue, Saturday night of Sunday, it's my son. He's 12. Chances are, Mrs Occhi will veto any Guild Wars activity, which is fine too.

I am still sorta spaztic with the camera angle and the movement, make a lot of mis steps and leave circles of footprints on the ground. Also, probably need to look more at the web site to find out the how to of some simple things like casting spells, it does not seem to work consistently, however, it may be operator error due to rubishness.

Build 7,352 was the current version when I last played. Wonder if they will get to 5 digits before release!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Ok, so I pre-ordered, which means I get extra goodies, and into all the beta tests. :P I downloaded the freenie client, since I forgot to pick up my goodie bag (did that today). I start playing, and it hits me, YET AGAIN, that my video card is fried so I can't play 3D accelerated games.

So, I hit Best Buy and bought a BFG 6800. I'm now cruising through video. Came with Farcry, too! :D So, now I can once again enjoy all my splendid gaming goodness, but now with MASSIVELY better performance.

So, I'm online as Roland Of The White. If anyone wants to hook up, I'm in Lion's Arch, have killed about 6 baddies, and am TOTALLY lost. :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Well, after doing two missions (repeatedly ;) ) with some fellow lurkers, here are some more impressions:

I like the skills system. A lot.

I hate not being able to invert the mouse. An awful lot.

Targeting and navigation needs help.

Putting together a team is a big chore. It should be easy to invite teammates accross multiple zones, specially in a guild environment. Also, the chat needs a revamp, it's too confusing with all the channels lumped together. When you zone, the "Enter" key to open a chat line defaults to general broadcast for no apparent reason.

My ranger/warrior draws a lot of aggro. Ranged attacks are good in this game though, I was doing good damage with AoE added when necessary.

This game runs really smooth at max settings (including antialiasing) on my system.

So far, enjoyable. The crafting system and such seems to be too complicated still, specially ingredient collection, but the combat/mission one is good.

More tomorrow I hope :)
Zippyy,Oct 28 2004, 11:00 PM Wrote:Artega (Corvus Darksteel) and I pooled and started the Lounging Lurkers.&nbsp; Come one, come all!
[right][snapback]58562[/snapback][/right]
Since it has to come from one of the head honchos, it might be a good idea to send invites to all who have posted their nicks here. I had a couple ask about joining the guild today but you two weren't on so couldn't do anything about it. It was fun having a guild run through the first 2 cooperative missions today. B)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."