WoW Content Ideas
I was thinking of ideas for WoW content (assuming there's enough interest for the Lounge to adopt WoW as its next big thing :) ), and - guides for quests/instances and classes aside - thought of a few things that could be analyzed by the brighter/more-dilligent people here at the Lounge:

Spirit - how it and maximum HP/MP factor into your standing/resting(/combat?) regen rates. In fact, how all of the stats affect damn near everything - maybe we could make a WoW Bible by the Lurker Lounge :D

Class Overviews - Written by people with a lot of experience with the class (a single person or a group of people), a way of introducing the class to newcomers but without any kind of bias towards a particular playstyle (that's where guides come in :) .) It could outline primary and secondary party roles, what type(s) of mobs are easiest prey and which kind are hardest, how they fare in PvP solo and grouped, and so on.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Nov 11 2004, 11:46 PM Wrote:I was thinking of ideas for WoW content (assuming there's enough interest for the Lounge to adopt WoW as its next big thing :) ), and - guides for quests/instances and classes aside - thought of a few things that could be analyzed by the brighter/more-dilligent people here at the Lounge:

Spirit - how it and maximum HP/MP factor into your standing/resting(/combat?) regen rates.  In fact, how all of the stats affect damn near everything - maybe we could make a WoW Bible by the Lurker Lounge  :D

Class Overviews - Written by people with a lot of experience with the class (a single person or a group of people), a way of introducing the class to newcomers but without any kind of bias towards a particular playstyle (that's where guides come in :) .)  It could outline primary and secondary party roles, what type(s) of mobs are easiest prey and which kind are hardest, how they fare in PvP solo and grouped, and so on.
[right][snapback]60001[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't mind writing a guide to playing paladins but I think there would be heavy competition for the authorship of the guide. :)
Tal,Nov 12 2004, 10:07 AM Wrote:I wouldn't mind writing a guide to playing paladins but I think there would be heavy competition for the authorship of the guide. :)
[right][snapback]60034[/snapback][/right]

Yeah. No co-authoring stuff for you Alliance scum, eh? I know I sure as hell won't be able to write a guide on the Warrior and/or Shaman without some help :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Nov 15 2004, 12:57 AM Wrote:Yeah.  No co-authoring stuff for you Alliance scum, eh? 
[right][snapback]60235[/snapback][/right]
Absolutely. :) ;)