Wich Belt?
I have found a belt called Death's Gaurd and I also have a plated belt or somthing likt that, I might just be stupid but what belt should I choose? The death's gaurd can hold two rows of four potions, 22 defence, and cannot be frozen. the plated belt is like 16 defence and can hold four by four rows of potion, and only a little bit of magic stuff, it was so little that i forget. So what should I choose? or was this post a waist of time?

Thanks,
Patrick
Patrick_A,Nov 16 2004, 10:54 PM Wrote:I have found a belt called Death's Gaurd and I also have a plated belt or somthing likt that, I might just be stupid but what belt should I choose? The death's gaurd can hold two rows of four potions, 22 defence, and cannot be frozen. the plated belt is like 16 defence and can hold four by four rows of potion, and only a little bit of magic stuff, it was so little that i forget.  So what should I choose? or was this post a waist of time?

Thanks,
Patrick
[right][snapback]60333[/snapback][/right]
Depends. Where are you in the game? If there are lots of chilling monsters, I'd take Death's Guard, if there aren't then it depends on your playing style.
What ever you do hold on anything that has cannot be frozen until you get something else that does it. That is so useful in ActV and large chunks of Hell.
Patrick_A,Nov 16 2004, 11:54 PM Wrote:I have found a belt called Death's Gaurd and I also have a plated belt

So what should I choose?
[right][snapback]60333[/snapback][/right]

A great deal depends on what sort of character you are building, and where he/she is in the game. A four layer belt is a wonderful thing when you are sucking the potions back fast and/or have no life or mana leech. On the other hand, there are aspects of the Death's Guard belt that make it well worth keeping, whether for this character or another. First, there is that important 'Cannot Be Frozen' affix.

Second, the partial set bonus of wearing Death's Guard belt and Death's Hand gloves is +30% Increased Attack Speed, 8% Life Leech and 15% Resist All. The gloves themselves have a very nice Poison Resist.

For many character types, this combination is just too good to pass up, despite the small number of potions that can be carried on the belt. Some Bowazons continue to wear it all the way into Hell, for example. So it is worth keeping the belt for when you find the gloves to go with it.

Since you are new to the game, I suggest you bookmark the Arreat Summit website and check there for information about any Set Items (green items) you find. The information about Death's Disguise is here.

Despite some known inaccuracies at that site, it is still a very good resource for game item information.

Edit: This would not be a 'Shadow' post if I didn't include some admonishment to take more care in creating your posts, Patrick. Sloppy spelling and sloppy grammar are poor ways to communicate. <_<
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Thanks for the help people.
Now that I have thought about it, I dont think I really need the Death's Gaurd because I'am only in act 2 and I think there is mostly fire and burning enemys in act 2. Just for the record, I am a level 28 Paladin. ShadowHM, are you saying I have bad grammar and spelling?
Patrick_A,Nov 17 2004, 08:16 PM Wrote:ShadowHM, are you saying I have bad grammar and spelling?
[right][snapback]60379[/snapback][/right]

That is what I said. :)

I am glad you are willing to improve to meet the standards here. This post was much better. B)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Greetings.

I would store that Death's Guard in my stash... at least until I'd get a better belt. Or if you have other items from the same set you might want to use them. But I usually take the bigger belt whenever possible. And besides, Cannot Be Frozen doesn't affect Decrepify, Holy Freeze or any other slowing effect, right? With Fast Run/Walk and some cold resist it should be fine enough. And increased Attack Speed wouldn't hurt either.

-Lucky
~Lukki