Who wins this fight?
Ajax,Nov 24 2004, 10:25 AM Wrote:I have to go with the grizzley.  For one reason alone.  ROLL ON YOU BEARS!!!!!

Cal--41, Stanford--6

Cal still dropped a few points in the polls after this game, and the #2 team didn't play that week, they had a by!  WTF BCS???

(just had to get that one out) 

Seriously though, the bear wins hands down.  There's a saying, how can you tell the difference between a grizzley bear and a black bear?  A bear chases you and you climb a tree.  A black bear will climb up after you.  The grizzley?  He floors the tree, then eats you :-)

So, yeah Grizzley gets a new purse, to quote Doc.
[right][snapback]61123[/snapback][/right]

Grizzly then uses splintered tree as toothpick and takes a nap.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Walkiry,Nov 24 2004, 03:08 AM Wrote:Does any of them have a friggin' laser beam attached to its head?
[right][snapback]61092[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol:
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Doc,Nov 24 2004, 07:00 AM Wrote:Gator is yummy when pickled in tobasco, then soaked in buttermilk, rolled in bread crumbs, and fried like chicken in a black cast iron skillit.
[right][snapback]61112[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, but cooked up like that, even a bicycle tire would be good.
Doc,Nov 24 2004, 09:00 AM Wrote:Bah, I would eat them both. Say hello to my boomstick baby. One's a handbag, one's a rug, and I am sure both are delicious.

Haven't actually eaten croc. Does it taste anything like gator? Gator is yummy when pickled in tobasco, then soaked in buttermilk, rolled in bread crumbs, and fried like chicken in a black cast iron skillit.
[right][snapback]61112[/snapback][/right]

I think this fellow can handle all three of you at the same time:

Skeletor
level 70 nercomancer

20 raise skeleton
20 skeleton mastery
1 clay golem
1 golem mastery
1 summon resist
1 skeleton mage
1 amp damage]
1 decrepify
prereques
rest in dim vision

Dim the gunman, decrep the croc and bear, life is good. :)
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
The promoter.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

DeeBye,Nov 23 2004, 11:59 PM Wrote:IN THIS CORNER
[Image: grizzly.jpg]
The Grizzly Bear is the largest carnivorous land mammal.  It can reach a height of over 8' and weighs in excess of 1,200 lbs.  It has gigantic claws and can take a person's head off with one swipe.

AND IN THIS CORNER
[Image: Crocodile.jpg]
The Salt Water Crocodile can grow to 20 feet in length and weigh up to 2,000 lbs.  It has tremendous bite strength and will snap you in half if it gets a chance,
FIGHT!

Who wins?
[right][snapback]61069[/snapback][/right]

No matter which animal wins, per kandrathe's comment, PETA loses if we can get this fight on ESPN2. :o

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Different climates, different battlefields.

If they meet on the bear's territory, the croc freezes in the water and dies.

If they meet on the croc's territory, the bear thinks, "Wow, that's a big fish" and goes downstream for chow that's got a lot less heft. Meanwhile, the cros thinks, "Holy ****, look at the size of that hairy human" and stays at the bottom of the river.

:P

Assuming you can catch them both, starve them both, and lock them up together ...

The bear is made of pure muscle with a little fat to tide the cold and winter. Loses the fat, gets angry and in fighting trim. The croc just gets plain hungry. This leaves the bear very annoyed, but in no way hungry or stupid enough to attack a croc. So the ravenous croc hits first. Bears are surprisingly fast, even if crocs are blindingly fast when they need to be. So the bear gets hit, but only on the paw.

Croc vises down - "Hmm, this is going to take awhile to swallow." Bear gets peeved - "You realize, of course, this agony is forcing me to take an action I don't want to be bothered with." Smack - croc is in serious pain, but still clamping down. Smack, chomp on face - croc is now in as much pain as the bear. Death roll time. Bear is a lightweight, but flipping a bear when there's no water is kind of pointless. All it accomplishes is infuriating the bear.

At this time, the bear's limb is probably twisted off (yuck!) Dumb croc has some food and stops for a second to eat. Bear has a dissenting opinion of the use of the paw, and soon after, croc's back is broken, if not the skull, and croc stops for eternity.

Bear is highly annoyed and would die in the wild. Settles down to wait for puny humans to bring care, the fish, and the lifetime zoo commitment. Laurels follow and Caesar grants reprieve. Crowds cheer.

Bear - "Are you not entertained?"

:P
Occhidiangela,Nov 24 2004, 05:30 PM Wrote:No matter which animal wins, per kandrathe's comment, PETA loses if we can get this fight on ESPN2.  :o

Occhi
[right][snapback]61145[/snapback][/right]

ESPN2?!? No way -- this has "pay per view" written all over it.

I'm a bit surprised at how many people think the bear would win. I do agree with you, but even a full grown grizzly bear is substantially smaller than a full grown croc. I was expecting more crocodile support.
DeeBye,Nov 24 2004, 08:06 PM Wrote:ESPN2?!?  No way -- this has "pay per view" written all over it.

I'm a bit surprised at how many people think the bear would win.  I do agree with you, but even a full grown grizzly bear is substantially smaller than a full grown croc.  I was expecting more crocodile support.
[right][snapback]61166[/snapback][/right]

Damnit, I don't care who wins... This damn thread has made me fiercely hungry for gator gumbo... And a big ol' pile of boiled crawdads and corn. And maybe some blue crabs. Been thinking about it all day and my mouth is a waterin. Ruined my damn turkey day. My deep fried bird wont be the same, I can't satisfy my current craving. I'll be thinking about it all day tommorow.

WE HATES YOU PRECIOUS!!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Nov 24 2004, 09:12 PM Wrote:Damnit, I don't care who wins... This damn thread has made me fiercely hungry for gator gumbo...
[right][snapback]61169[/snapback][/right]

I tried some alligator tail a few years back at a restaurant food trade show. It's not something you'll ever see normally available up here in Canada, so I had to give it a go. It was really tasty.

I wonder what grizzly bear steak tastes like.
DeeBye,Nov 24 2004, 07:35 PM Wrote:I wonder what grizzly bear steak tastes like.
[right][snapback]61174[/snapback][/right]
Chicken :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Minionman,Nov 24 2004, 08:07 AM Wrote:??? juat a girl?  Yea, those girl beaqrs are just a bunch of weaklings.  I'm sure we all could go off and wrestle those girl bears to the ground.
[right][snapback]61116[/snapback][/right]

Give me some Grey Death Legion powered armor and I could take it!
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Nov 24 2004, 11:48 PM Wrote:Give me some Grey Death Legion powered armor and I could take it!
[right][snapback]61192[/snapback][/right]

http://www.nfb.ca/grizzly/index.html
Nice :D -nt-
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
You do know that was sarcasm right? Just making sure.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
I really wish I was allowed to make this a proper poll.
Amazed at some of the "ignorance" shown here. :P

Crocodile tastes a bit like fishy pork, for those of you wondering(the texture of pork, with the taste of fish)

A crocodile's death roll is NOT meant to bring the prey down(it's just a side-effect of the prey being puny comparatively) The simple objective of the death roll(specifically, that of an alpha bull crocodile) is to "break" the carcass(removing a limb), so that there's something other than hide that the smaller crocodiles can eat as well. As a rough guess, I would say few things smaller than an elephant(which would probably not be rollable anyway, which is why crocs avoid them) would survive the shock and subsequent bleeding of having their arm(or any limb) torn off by nearly a ton of flesh spinning at roughly 200 rpm(extrapolated from roughly 3 full rotations a second) I have no idea how to calculate torque, but I imagine that's a pretty significant figure. In short, squat, green and toothy gets about a week's supply of food for kin and friends.
Minionman,Nov 24 2004, 09:55 PM Wrote:You do know that was sarcasm right?  Just making sure.
[right][snapback]61201[/snapback][/right]

Yes, I did, but I do think I could take a few grizzlies if I had some powered armor.

The real question is; man-pack flamer or heavy machine gun?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Terminator suit with dual lightning claws.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
If you believe the movie Lake Placid, then this question has already been answered. :)