One final thought
And I go off to bed:

One of my most vivid memories of the beta was in Un'Goro Crater when I, a paladin, had bitten off a bit more than I could chew, and was about to be killed by one of the larger fauna of that place. A stranger appeared from nowhere and with a few concerted blows together we slew the beast.

Gratefully I called out "Thanks!" as I noticed my benefactor was not, in fact, a member of the Alliance. In turn he made a few incomprehensible gestures as if to communicate.

We are presented with a great opportunity to go thoughout the world showing acts of kindness.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Nov 23 2004, 06:22 AM Wrote:We are presented with a great opportunity to go thoughout the world showing acts of kindness.
[right][snapback]60928[/snapback][/right]
That's one way of looking at it. Another would be that:

1) You were foolishly exploring an area that you did not belong in, thus opening yourself up to an easy kill.
2) The Horde player should have taken advantage of your weakness and slaughtered you.
3) A member of the Horde not just allowing an Alliance member to survive, but actually HELPING them breaks all manner of role, tradition, and storyline.

So it's all a matter of perspective. Personally, I would have killed the Horde for trying to steal my honor of the glorious kill. Or maybe that's what months of play on the PvP server does to you.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Based on the thread, I'm surprised that one of you isn't playing on the Roleplay server :)

My main will be playing on Warsong Eastern PvP Alliance. Same name (Magicbag).
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Oh, Lav, if it weren't clear (and I can see how it might not be), I was joking around with you. Sorry if that was offensive.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
You know damn well the Horde would kill the Alliance, because the Alliance are a bunch of pretty-boy pansies while the Horde are ugly ass-kickers. Don't lie :P
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Nov 23 2004, 10:43 PM Wrote:You know damn well the Horde would kill the Alliance, because the Alliance are a bunch of pretty-boy pansies while the Horde are ugly ass-kickers.&nbsp; Don't lie :P
[right][snapback]61041[/snapback][/right]
Tell that to all the Shamen I OWNED in the closed beta PvP server. Warlocks > Shamen.

-Bolty
Artega,Nov 23 2004, 11:43 PM Wrote:You know damn well the Horde would kill the Alliance, because the Alliance are a bunch of pretty-boy pansies while the Horde are ugly ass-kickers.&nbsp; Don't lie :P
[right][snapback]61041[/snapback][/right]

The Undead warrior (57) and Troll mage(56) I ripped apart during the raid of Undercity in the closing days of the Beta must have been Alliance in disguise then huh? :)
Bolty,Nov 24 2004, 12:22 AM Wrote:Tell that to all the Shamen I OWNED in the closed beta PvP server.&nbsp; Warlocks > Shamen.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]61049[/snapback][/right]

Hardly! I killed quite a few Alliance in the Beta with my Shaman, and I won every single duel with an Undead Warlock I often partied with :)

I embarassed a LV25 NE Rogue by dominating the battle with only a LV18 Shaman :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Bolty,Nov 23 2004, 09:22 PM Wrote:Tell that to all the Shamen I OWNED in the closed beta PvP server.&nbsp; Warlocks > Shamen.

Don't shamans have some sort of anti-fear totem? It's been a while since I've played one or played with one.