Organizing the Tichondrius Lurking Loungers Guild
I'm feeling sheepish right now. There's been some confusion over the organization of the PvP Tichondrius Lurker Lounge guild, due much to lack of communication on my part, and I'd like to straighten everything out now and get everything settled. There's been great excitement and enthusiasm over the prospect of creating a guild on the server, and I've been waiting for a concurance of a) my character having plenty of cash and b) there being a sizable chunk of lurkers logged on the server before actually starting things. I think some people may have mistakenly gotten the impression that the fact that a guild hadn't been created was simply due to malase or lack of someone getting the charter or something and this hasn't been the case. There has been a lot of enthusiasm over creating the guild and there has been a lot of discussion of it on the chat channel. I wanted to make sure all the pieces were in place before purchasing the charter, because I wanted the chartering process to be quick and painless rather than something that got dragged out for hours on end. Why all the caution? Why haven't we gotten it all done before?

1. The PvP server has fewer Lurkers on it. The most I've seen so far is seven people on at once (looking back, we probably should've done it then) and generally I see 3-4 people on at once. But we need 10 signatures.

2. The charter disappears when the person carrying it logs out or changes continents, so gathering signatures over time isn't an option.

3. There may be a bug (has been true in the past -- may or may not be true now but I am not going to take the risk) where all 10 people have to be on-line when the charter is turned in. So it's not just a matter of someone kindly logging in, signing and leaving to go play on Stormrage or whatever. All the signees need to stay logged on for the entire time. If this process gets dragged out, that's unfair to everyone. And worse is that if someone who signed doesn't realize that they needed to stay the entire time (and imagine if the process took a couple of hours -- someone might think things had been completed when they hadn't) then leaves and then the whole thing gets busted and we'd have to start over -- completely wasting everyone's time.

4. Since we probably won't have enough Lurkers on to sign the charter, we'll have to get strangers to help out. I've done this three times already, and I find it works much much faster (and is far less annoying) to bribe people with cash to sign rather than beg and plead with people to sign the charter. The speed issue is important, because obviously you have no control over when a stranger might decide to log out.

I'm sorry that I haven't communicated all this previously, but these are the reasons that I've been waiting. But it's time for the waiting to end, so let's get all get together tomorrow starting at noon PST and get this charter signed. Any help from people on other servers would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to help, make a Tauren character and join the chat channel "Lurkers", and I'll bring the charter to you. Please remember that you'll need to stay until the charter gets turned in. I'm hoping that we can get this all taken care of quickly and have ourselves a Lurking Loungers guild on Tichondrius.
Doh, I would be very happy to show up, but I've been out of town for the long weekend and I won't get back until monday morning. I sure hope you are sucessful, and I appreciate your effort toward getting things organized.
Can I use my Undead Priest TheTal to sign or do I have to create a Tauren? Its not a problem to create one, just wondering. =)
MongoJerry,Nov 28 2004, 04:35 AM Wrote:  But it's time for the waiting to end, so let's get all get together tomorrow starting at noon PST and get this charter signed.  Any help from people on other servers would be greatly appreciated.  If you would like to help, make a Tauren character and join the chat channel "Lurkers", and I'll bring the charter to you.  Please remember that you'll need to stay until the charter gets turned in.  I'm hoping that we can get this all taken care of quickly and have ourselves a Lurking Loungers guild on Tichondrius.
[right][snapback]61395[/snapback][/right]

Hey, that works for me. I was going to start a PvP Horde Char and I can do 2pm Central time. I'm setting an alarm clock right now so I don't forget. :)

Edit: Are we talking Sunday (today) or Monday? Monday aint happening. Today can. And as long as we're at it, if I have a char that can get to, and hang out in Thunder Bluff is that good enough?

Edit 2: Well if I would have read the short description or not gotten distracted by the grocery list or something like that I wouldn't have the confusion.....
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
If it's today or tomorrow (your posts says it was made in the wee hours this morning, but I frequently say "tomorrow" when I actually mean just later on that day if I haven't been to sleep yet so I'm not entirely clear on if you mean today or actually tomorrow. Specific dates are good to know :) ), I can help out too at that time. I haven't done a lot of PvP so I'm willing to try it more. I'm not happy with my little gal on Stonebreaker anyway so this gives me an excuse to make a new character. ;)

Edit: Heh. "Reading comprehension is your friend." Just now saw the description under the title. Sunday it is!

*wanders off muttering to herself about glare on the monitor and other flimsy excuses about why she's a moron*
Intolerant monkey.
Edit: Well if I would have remembered what I read, or read it in the first place this post wouldn't have been need so it goes away now.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Due a great deal of help from our friends on the Stormrage server, I can now announce that the Lurking Loungers has been officially established on Tichondrius! Thanks for all the help everyone!
I'm in (Znassin - Troll Priest lvl 16)!

MongoJerry, didn't notice before but I see you're in oakland. I'm in Milpitas, what a coincidence.
Znassin - Lvl59 Troll Priest (almost there!Wink
Tichondrius Server
enthusiast,Nov 28 2004, 08:37 PM Wrote:I'm in (Znassin - Troll Priest lvl 16)! 

MongoJerry, didn't notice before but I see you're in oakland.  I'm in Milpitas, what a coincidence.
[right][snapback]61458[/snapback][/right]

Wow. That when by fast. :)

I haven't been playing all that often with much of my leisure being devoted to the new Vampire RPG and the LOTR RPG.

Thanks to everyone who helped sign the charter, hope you come back and help kill the Alliance scum.

Smithy
Tal's Edit: No spam for you!
MongoJerry,Nov 28 2004, 05:09 PM Wrote:Due a great deal of help from our friends on the Stormrage server, I can now announce that the Lurking Loungers has been officially established on Tichondrius!  Thanks for all the help everyone!
[right][snapback]61434[/snapback][/right]

Mongo, had I seen this thread before now, I would have logged on to help. Thank you for posting something. I admit that I was feeling ill used and angry with you last night, and at the time had no plans to play on Tichondrius ever again.

In the five months or so that I was in the beta I cannot recall one guild related unpleasantness or aspersion, except from my child (which is OK, or at least is to be expected). Not one. I had hoped retail could have been no different.

I agree a better time to have announced your plans on the forum would have been before someone bought the charter. And I still prefer the name of "Lurkers", although I could have been induced to select something else had anyone responded negatively to my two earlier posts. If we did not have consensus, perhaps we should have had a simple vote? As site administrator I believe that you could have made a poll.

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Nov 28 2004, 09:04 PM Wrote:Mongo, had I seen this thread before now, I would have logged on to help.  Thank you for posting something.  I admit that I was feeling ill used and angry with you last night, and at the time had no plans to play on Tichondrius ever again.

Yes, I felt awful about what happened last night, which is why I decided to get the guild charter thing done right away to make sure something like it didn't happen again. Again, I apologize profusely for my lack of communication. It's one of those situations where I had had a lot of discussion with others in the chat channel and that somehow translated to my brain that "everyone" knew what was going on. Where are those darned engineers with their telepathy nodes anyway? I hope that you do continue to play with us on Tichondrius. I look forward to punting those filthy gnomes off the continent with your help and those of fellow Lurkers.
MongoJerry,Nov 28 2004, 10:45 PM Wrote:I look forward to punting those filthy gnomes off the continent with your help and those of fellow Lurkers.
[right][snapback]61475[/snapback][/right]
Wow, good thing I'm not playing on Tichondrious. This little football would chomp a chunk out of that punting toe and then I'd get kicked out of the Lounge for abuse of a Lounge admin. Life, as I know it, would be over. :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
RAHRAH_spinit,Nov 28 2004, 11:46 PM Wrote:Tal's Edit: No spam for you!
[right][snapback]61469[/snapback][/right]

Hey, Tal, how come you get to edit trolls! By the way I saw Tauren named Tal last night.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Nov 29 2004, 05:30 AM Wrote:Hey, Tal, how come you get to edit trolls!  By the way I saw Tauren named Tal last night.
[right][snapback]61489[/snapback][/right]

Mongo foolishly extended a moderator position to me. ;)

All your Posts are belong to Mongo! :P
I'm on at level 18... I tried to cram as much game in over the long weekend as possible because I won't have any time once work starts. Until christmas!

I can make 6s and 8s bags now. If you need any let me know. I can only make 8s bags if you provide the wool however.
Tichondrius Server
I might be joining another guild soon, they're a more active group. But if you guys ever need anything on Tich, let me know.
Tichondrius Server
enthusiast,Dec 3 2004, 12:37 PM Wrote:I might be joining another guild soon, they're a more active group.  But if you guys ever need anything on Tich, let me know.

Not a problem, just keep subscribed to the "Lurkers" chat channel so we know when you're on and can group with you!