Daily scheduled maintenance
For those of you who try to avoid the cesspool that is the official WoW forums (although they are slightly better than the Bnet boards, but not enough to actually make a difference), they've announced in the server status forum that there will be daily maintenance done on both the Pacific/Mountain servers and the Eastern/Central servers every day now between 4 am and 5 am Eastern for the Eastern/Central servers and 4 am and 5 am Pacific for the Pacific/Mountain servers. Just an FYI.

Intolerant monkey.
Personally I bet it's the only fix they have so far for loot lag , thats just my opinion . I wondered towards the end of beta how they could release this , knowing they where working and working and working on it , hopefully some solution will pop it's head up :)
Take care
Raven Vale,Nov 28 2004, 12:41 PM Wrote:Personally I bet it's the only fix they have so far for loot lag , thats just my opinion . I wondered towards the end of beta how they could release this , knowing they where working and working and working on it , hopefully some solution will pop it's head up :)
[right][snapback]61419[/snapback][/right]

I haven't seen any problem with loot lag in 2 days. Anyway, simple server maintanance and restarts would not solve the issue. What happens is that the item database gets stuck updating too many items at once, and a queue starts to build up. Once the item you looted gets processed, you're free to go again. Once the queue is cleared out, the game works fine until too many items are needed to be processed again.

If the issue is solved at it's core -> making item processing faster, they'll be no queue or very short queues. But simple server resets and such won't make it better at all.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Treesh,Nov 28 2004, 09:35 AM Wrote:between 4 am and 5 am Eastern for the Eastern/Central servers
[right][snapback]61413[/snapback][/right]
Argh! Of course, being the odd man out bites me in the behind again. That's 3 - 4am my time, my prime playing time. Oh well, guess I'll just plan on jumping to Pacific for an hour each night. Bleh.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
This is severly annoying.

I had to deal with this when playing EvE-online. This is 11pm my time which is smack in the middle of my game time.

I hope this isn't a permanent thing.
New times for server daily maintenance.

All Central and Eastern realms will be down from 4:00AM to 5:00AM EST.

All Pacific and Mountain realms will be down from 7:00AM to 8:00AM PST.
Intolerant monkey.
Blizzard dropped the ball tonight (29th.) They started an hour late, and it took them three hours (5.00 AM to 8.00 AM) to do whatever it is they do. Somewhat annoying, but at least the CE's first month is free.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Minor update to this: Apparently they're now just going to do weekly maintenance instead of daily. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...lm-status&t=113
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:The downtime will be each Tuesday from 6AM to approximately 10AM PST.
Perfect! They could not have picked a better time. While I sleep, little elves clean up my newly adopted alternate reality. Now if I could just get someone to do that for my current reality. :huh:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."