Griffon's Eye Effect
Greetings Lurkers,

Earlier this morning I was playing around with lvl80 Trap Assassin using Lightning and Death Sentry with glee and got into an item discussion with another player.
I was woe to hear that my Griffen's Eye.
Quote:Defense: 150-260 (varies)(Base Defense: 50-60)
Required Level: 76
Durability: 20
+100-200 Defense (varies)
+1 To All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-15-20% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
+10-15% To Lightning Skill Damage (varies)
(Ladder Only)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)
Does not work with Lightning Sentry or Death Sentry, and that I should switch it to a +2 skills head gear. I need some confirmation on this, as my LCS shows much higher damage while using Griffon's Eye (+15%, -14%) vs rare +2 Assassin Cornet.

If this is true, I am considering switching this to either a Lightning, Chain Lightning and Charged Bolt; Sorceress or a Holy Shock Paladin. With regards to Holy Shock Paladin, will the Griffon's Eye work with ranged attacks.
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
Chameleon,Dec 9 2004, 10:13 AM Wrote:Greetings Lurkers,

Earlier this morning I was playing around with lvl80 Trap Assassin using Lightning and Death Sentry with glee and got into an item discussion with another player.
I was woe to hear that my Griffen's Eye.

Does not work with Lightning Sentry or Death Sentry, and that I should switch it to a +2 skills head gear. I need some confirmation on this, as my LCS shows much higher damage while using Griffon's Eye (+15%, -14%) vs rare +2 Assassin Cornet.

If this is true, I am considering switching this to either a Lightning, Chain Lightning and Charged Bolt; Sorceress or a Holy Shock Paladin. With regards to Holy Shock Paladin, will the Griffon's Eye work with ranged attacks.
[right][snapback]62351[/snapback][/right]

It won't work at all with traps. The LCS is, well, lying.

The +% skill damage will boost the holy shock. However, at range, you get only a single application of it versus the double application you'd get in mêlée (it boosts holy shock, holy shock adds lightning damage to your attack, and (in mêlée only) it boosts whatever lightning damage you have, including the (already boosted) holy shock).

The -% enemy resistance effect works for any lightning damage you inflict. So as long as the damage is not a minion (like a trap), that'll work.
He is right, neither bonus applies, as the trap is like a minion, which doesn't get bonuses from your item. It's very confusiong, because the bonus is added to the skills damage description, it's misleading, and untrue however.

Therefore, get a harlequins crown.

pmpch
I recently found this hat in Worldstone 2. My LS/CS/fend javy wears it socketed with a lightning facet. It rocks with her Thunderstroke javelins. Her boss killing ability has improved greatly with the addition of the hat. If only it eliminated fend whiff... <_<
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young