Blade Fury Trap
Making a trapasin (maybe a mistake but it is fun in normal so far) I am using fire and blades (along with poison from shadow skills). I know that the blade fury uses 3/4 weapon damage but it also seems to use elemental damage from weapon and life or mana steal from weapon too. Does blade fury use all of the attributes of the weapon? Chance to cast? Reduced target defence? enhanced damage to undead/demons?

What about dual claws? Does it use all atributes from both weapons? How is the damage calculated? Elemental damage?

Any help will be appreciated. At level 37 I am using a ribcracker to get strong blades and soon i may be using a one handed mace or axe.

Does anyone know how the speed of the blade attack is increased? Faster cast? Faster attack? Fixed?

Anyone know of a webpage that answers these questions?

Schuey
Hi

Bladefury speed is set, you can't increase it. BF uses all the enhancements on a weapon and other equipment, one of my BF-Assas used Moonfall and occasionally unleashed Meteor. BTW if you use a 2-handed weapon like Ribcracker you only get 3/8 of the damage.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Quote:Anyone know of a webpage that answers these questions?

This AB thread will help answer many of your questions.

Schuey,Dec 16 2004, 03:51 PM Wrote:Making a trapasin (maybe a mistake but it is fun in normal so far) I am using fire and blades (along with poison from shadow skills).  I know that the blade fury uses 3/4 weapon damage but it also seems to use elemental damage from weapon and life or mana steal from weapon too.  Does blade fury use all of the attributes of the weapon?  Chance to cast?  Reduced target defence? enhanced damage to undead/demons?

What about dual claws?  Does it use all atributes from both weapons?  How is the damage calculated?  Elemental damage?

Any help will be appreciated.  At level 37 I am using a ribcracker to get strong blades and soon i may be using a one handed mace or axe.

Does anyone know how the speed of the blade attack is increased?  Faster cast? Faster attack?  Fixed?

Anyone know of a webpage that answers these questions?

Schuey
[right][snapback]62996[/snapback][/right]

Trap assassins are not a mistake. :w00t: One of my HC Matriarchs, EmeraldEyes, since expired, was a trapper.

Very survivable, reasonably lethal. I have my notes on various machines and intend to make an HC trapper guide in the next few weeks.

Blade fury is particularly nice when you equip a two socketed Katar with "AMN-TIR," the runeword Strength. Crushing Blow most handy for killing fire or lightning immunes, depending on the tree you chose to max. I also tend to make a Rhyme shield to ensure blocking on weapon II, and cannot be frozen.

Personally, I prefer Lightning, due to range considerations. As you get higher in level, you will need to choose whether or not you will take on a Shadow Warrior or Master, or blow off the assistant/auto tank altogether. In any case, take one point in Mind Blast for crowd control. It nicely groups foes where traps can max effects on them. Even as little as one point in Death Sentry does wonders with grouped monsters. :)

My latest Trapper, Salty_Tar, is maxing Death Sentry, Lightning Sentry, and Fire Blast. While neither lightning nor fire synergy is maxed, with a single point in Venom I have the tools to kill pretty much anything, as I too have a point in Blade Fury.

At level 24, with synergy from Death Sentry not quite maxed, my Lightning Sentry does 1-1050 or so per. So, 10 shots X 5 traps x 500+ average damage is . . . pretty healty . . . so long as the target sits still or you can keep it in place with a stun . . . such as with Mind Blast. That skill works on everything under an act end boss for stunning, though mind control/convert is for non boss, non champions only.

With immunes all over the map, and some dual immune bosses, the flexibility of a Trapper is very nice. There is nothing one can't kill. An off hand weapon with Prevent Monster Hill affix helps a lot versus Hell Diff regeneration rates.

Trappers are very survivable if you choose to go the hardcore route, unless you do as I did one night and rush into a room, like Durance III, with two boss packs of undead stygian dolls, one extra fast/Fire/something and one Conviction/extra strong/something, I think fire. Due to a lack of caution, Rustinaille's deeds will always be remembered. :( Hardcore with any character requires caution in certain situations, even for a relatively safe build like a Trapper.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
these work

Hit Causes Monster to Flee
Knock back
Chance to cast on Striking
Crushing Blow
Hit Freezes Target
Elemental Damage/Venom (3/4)
Leech
Open Wounds
Hit Blinds Target
Prevent Monster Heal
Hit Slows Target
Physical/Weapon Damage (3/4)
Ignore Target Defense
Deadly Strike/Critical Strike from CM

These dont
Chance to cast on Attacking
Pierce Target

I use blade fury and am using a Stormlash , casting Static hmmmmm .

I followed this Guide for my Furysin , got to Lvl 83 no problem really . You may get some idea's from this for your trapper if you are using blade fury .

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=565

Kudos to Ritslev
Take care