Liferoot Bug
Hi everyone:

Not sure if anyone else has seen this yet, but yesterday i was killing Cold Eye Basilisks in Stranglehorne and was getting basilisks tails that look like Liferoot (herbalist item). When i went to my alchemy screen to make potions, the basilisk tail turned into liferoot. It was the strangest thing. This happened on at least two occasions where i was able to use the basilisk tail for Liferoot. At first i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but when it happened the second time i knew it was a bug.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
I haven't seen that happen but, if it does, I hope it isn't a bug. The more Liferoot the better. Right now, that is second only to Goldthorn in the value to my character. If I could find a place to harvest it by the bushel I would be a happy little squishy guy. The places I have found it so far seem to have other herbalists running around trying to find it just as desperately as me.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Dec 18 2004, 03:32 PM Wrote:I haven't seen that happen but, if it does, I hope it isn't a bug.  The more Liferoot the better.  Right now, that is second only to Goldthorn in the value to my character.  If I could find a place to harvest it by the bushel I would be a happy little squishy guy.  The places I have found it so far seem to have other herbalists running around trying to find it just as desperately as me.
[right][snapback]63122[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, now that I know this maybe I should keep tabs on when and where I see various herbs in the wild. Because I can never harvest these things I just usually note them (along with mines) with passing interest but I know that there have been a decent number of times where I have found things like liferoot in places where very few people are running around. Despite the fact that finding things like that amounts to sheer luck for me I know that I have had my fair share of liferoot spottings. (It's especially exciting when I think there is an enemy in the water and then realize it is simply an herb :) )

I'll make my best effort to make note of things like this in the future to help people out. In the meantime, back to trying to finish up my semester at school here so that I can start playing obsessively over Christmas break...

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)