Can't connect to realm(s)
I've never played online, and want to try. I have the LOD 1.10. I have neither dsl or a cable modem.

My register e/mail took fine with Blizzard, but so far all I get is the screen reading "Connecting..." regardless if I go East or West, US. It has been stuck that way for about 20 minutes now.

Any idea what is wrong here ? Thanks... -= H/M =-
...when you drink as much beer as I do; you gotta lift weights.
Not sure this is the right answer, but just 2 thoughts.
1 have you created character?
2 Battlenet will tag your account if you do FAST REPETITIVE suspicious activity
41 dwarf priest stormrage Perchard
low lvl undead warlock terenas Slyshadow
Heat Miser,Dec 21 2004, 12:41 AM Wrote:Any idea what is wrong here ?  Thanks...  -= H/M =-
[right][snapback]63237[/snapback][/right]

Are you behind a firewall?

You need to have ports 4000 (tcp and udp) and 6112-6119 inclusive (again, both tcp and udp) unblocked in order to play on battle.net.

There should be a file in your diablo 2 directory called D2YYMMDD.txt, where YYMMDD represents the current date (so where I am currently it's 041221 for December 21st, 2004) - that file may have a more complete diagnosis of whereabouts you're getting stuck with the connection.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Thanks for your quick reply. :-)

""There should be a file in your diablo 2 directory called D2YYMMDD.txt, where YYMMDD represents the current date........""

Yes-- here's what was repeated a bunch of times:

Opening Direct3D window at 800x600...
18:26:31.130 Texture Memory Total= 61.867 MB, Free= 60.766 MB
18:26:31.130 Local Total= 61.867 MB, Free= 60.766 MB
18:26:31.130 Does not support texturing from AGP memory
18:26:31.680 Opening Direct3D window succeeded.
18:26:39.150 Closing Direct3D window....
18:26:39.260 ... Direct3D window closed.

My video card is in my PCI slot, but has zero issues with any other game....

And I have 2 characters from my non-realms play.
...when you drink as much beer as I do; you gotta lift weights.
Sounds like your puter doesn't like Direct3D. Set it to Direct Draw (2D).

Run the Vidtest (probably at "C:\Diablo II\D2VidTst.exe" or "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\D2VidTst.exe"), and no matter what the test comes back with, pick the 2D mode.

Afterwards, you may want to check your drivers for your video card. THey may be out of date. You should also check that you are using the current version of DirectX.

-rcv-
I had the same problem but as Ifd stated, it was due to my Firewall, however I also had a problem similar to yours. I would click USWest on the Gateway Selector and it would say something like, "Trying to find Gateway Selector." I couldn't log onto Battle.net for anything, even after uninstalling then reinstalling Diablo. I went to Blizzards web-site and went threw their automated FaQ Help but it was no help. At the end of the FaQ I had the option to Contact Customer Support, to which I wrote Blizzard my problem. I received a reply a few days later telling me to delete certain files and registry entries (sorry, but I don't recall which ones and I don't want to give you false information). I suggest if your problems persist, you do the same as me; it might save you a big headache!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin