Warrior action bar configs
Spangles is a nite elf warrior, lvl 31, and needs to get serious about organizing skills effectively.

Can someone provide a link to examples of how to set up action bars for battle stance, def stance, & berserk stance?

There are lots of talent templates out there, but I can't find recent action bar examples. One I did see was written during beta, don't know if that info is still useful.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
I don't know of, or have links to any such guides, but I have a system for setting up my hotkey bars that seems reasonably effective.

First of all, I use Cosmos, and enable second bar, the right sidebar, and popbar. Second bar is placed directly above the main skill bar. This bar does not change when stances are switched. Thus, on the second bar I put skills that I use in all stances. From left to right my skills on this bar are: 1. bloodrage 2. battle shout 3. shield bash 4. demoralizing shout 5. intimidating shout 6. shoot 7. retaliation 8. war stomp. I bound these keys to Alt+number as holding my thumb over the alt button feels very natural after playing Diablo 2. On the main skill bar I place skills whose use is more stance specific, and any skills which I spam repeatedly in all stances. For example, in defensive stance my skills are 1. cleave 2. taunt 3. rend 4. sunder armor 5. revenge 6. heroic strike and perhaps some less used skills on the other number buttons (can't be sure which ones, as I'm currently downloding the patch). Note that I removed the default auto attack button, as "t" does the same thing, and I needed the prime toolbar real estate for my most used skills.

On the popbar (which is the default size and location, 12 boxes on the lower right side of the screen) I just place my profession skills, and links to my 2-hander, 1-hander, shield, and fishing rod for easier switching between them. I place my bandages, food, and potions on a sidebar, with no hotkey. I have to click on them with the mouse but it doesn't bother me to do so, it actually seems easier than reaching across the keyboard and hitting 0 or alt-8 or somesuch.

I doubt my setup is optimal, but it seems better than scrolling through different skill bars in battle with the unmodified UI, and it allows me to keep most of my hotkeys close to wasd, so my right hand is free to use the mouse to target party members for assists, circle strafing, looking around at the situation during the fight, and applying bandages and drinking potions. I only rarely use the wrong skill in combat using this setup, which is usually battle shouting instead of shield bashing and due to my clumsy fingers rather than any real issue with my hotkeys.
[quote=Boutros,Dec 21 2004, 09:14 PM]
I don't know of, or have links to any such guides, but I have a system for setting up my hotkey bars that seems reasonably effective.

Thanks, this is very helpful.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]