General Newbie Questions
Question 1: I'm a Paladin using Vengeance, I have a Jewel socketed in my Helm that grants +60% damage. Will the elemental damage of Vengeance increace while wearing the helm or will it just calculate my base damage for the Vengeance mod and then add on the +60% as physical afterwords?

Question 2: On the Arreat Summit site all of the unique shields feature Chance to Block percentages that are not consitant with their non-magic counterparts. This is a problem to me because I'm tryings to calculate the minimum amount of DEX needed for my Paladin to achieve 75% Block at level 99 with Herald of Zakarum. The formula says to add all of the ICtB % from all your items... the thing is the Herald of Zakarum is 82% chance to Block with ICtB of 30%. Is the 30% already added to the shield CtB or is it really 82% with and added 30%? I hope someone out there understands what I'm asking.

Question 3: On a Rare Jewel I can have 3 Prefixes and a Suffix, correct? I know it can have 4 magic attributes but I don't know how its split between Prefix and Suffix. Also, on the Arreat Summit site all of the Prefix/Suffixes feature a number next to them. Example:

Bone +21-40 Defense Jewels(32) <----that #, the 32

does this mean if I dream up a Jewel thats combined prefix/suffix "that number" count exceed the highest level moster+2 that the Jewel could never drop? Again, I hope you understand what I'm asking here.

Thanks for your time and help.
Quote:Question 1: I'm a Paladin using Vengeance, I have a Jewel socketed in my Helm that grants +60% damage.&nbsp; Will the elemental damage of Vengeance increace while wearing the helm or will it just calculate my base damage for the Vengeance mod and then add on the +60% as physical afterwords?

It will only increase the physical portion. Course, jewels only go up to 40% ED, but you could have more than one jewel totaling up to 60% or more. Any Off-weapon ED% will only increase the physical part of vengeance.

Quote:Question 2: On the Arreat Summit site all of the unique shields feature Chance to Block percentages that are not consitant with their non-magic counterparts.&nbsp; This is a problem to me because I'm tryings to calculate the minimum amount of DEX needed for my Paladin to achieve 75% Block at level 99 with Herald of Zakarum.&nbsp; The formula says to add all of the ICtB % from all your items... the thing is the Herald of Zakarum is 82% chance to Block with ICtB of 30%.&nbsp; Is the 30% already added to the shield CtB or is it really 82% with and added 30%?&nbsp; I hope someone out there understands what I'm asking.

The extra 30% is already counted in the total of 82%. Any extra ICtB, such as Holy Sheild or granted by few items, must be added.

Quote:Question 3:

I'll leave this to someone with more time.
cheshirecatposer,Dec 29 2004, 01:40 AM Wrote:Question 3: On a Rare Jewel I can have 3 Prefixes and a Suffix, correct?&nbsp; I know it can have 4 magic attributes but I don't know how its split between Prefix and Suffix.&nbsp; Also, on the Arreat Summit site all of the Prefix/Suffixes feature a number next to them.&nbsp; Example:

Bone&nbsp; +21-40 Defense&nbsp; Jewels(32)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <----that #, the 32

does this mean if I dream up a Jewel thats combined prefix/suffix "that number" count exceed the highest level moster+2 that the Jewel could never drop?&nbsp; Again, I hope you understand what I'm asking here.

Thanks for your time and help.
[right][snapback]63796[/snapback][/right]

Most rares can have 3-6 affixes, of which no more than 3 are prefixes and no more than 3 are suffies. Rare jewels, however, can get only 3-4 affixes, of which no more than 3 are prefixes and no more than 3 are suffixes.

The AS affix pages are completely wrong. Don't ever look at them.

For affix information, try this site. There are a few other good ones, as well.

The Bone prefix for jewels has an alvl of 32. For jewels, this corresponds to an ilvl of 32. That is, any jewel with ilvl 32+ (i.e. any jewel dropped by an mlvl 32+ monster) has a chance to get the Bone prefix.
Will I get an elemental boost from a jewel in my helm that grants +9 to max damage?

Lastly,. does anyone know of a chart that can show me the affects of all the non-magical prefixes (superior etc) for weapons?
cheshirecatposer,Dec 29 2004, 11:04 AM Wrote:Will I get an elemental boost from a jewel in my helm that grants +9 to max damage?

Yes.

Quote:Lastly,. does anyone know of a chart that can show me the affects of all the non-magical prefixes (superior etc) for weapons?
[right][snapback]63830[/snapback][/right]

Superior can give the following:
+1-3 AR (weapons only)
+5-15% enhanced damage (weapons only)
+5-15% enhanced defense (armor only)
+10-15% durability
Or any combination of two of the above
Thanks man, you rock!

Ack, sorry one more thing. Is it possible to have the Max damage prefix and suffix? (Carmine Jewel of Wrath) What about +30 to Fire and Cold resist (on the same jewel) I'm trying for the following:

All Resists +10%
Fire Resist +30%
Cold Resist +30%
Minimum Damage +10
cheshirecatposer,Dec 29 2004, 11:25 AM Wrote:Thanks man, you rock!

Ack, sorry one more thing.&nbsp; Is it possible to have the Max damage prefix and suffix?&nbsp; (Carmine Jewel of Wrath)&nbsp; What about +30 to Fire and Cold resist (on the same jewel)&nbsp; I'm trying for the following:

All Resists +10%
Fire Resist +30%
Cold Resist +30%
Minimum Damage +10
[right][snapback]63834[/snapback][/right]

You can't have more than one affix of a given affix group on the same item. However, there isn't any case where a prefix and a suffix are in the same affix group. So yes, there's no problem with a Carmine Jewel of Wrath.

The resist cold, resist fire, resist poison, and resist lightning affixes for jewels are all in the same affix group, so you can't have more than one of those on the same jewel. The resist all affixes are in a different group, though, so you could have +10% resist all and +30% to one single resist.
Ok! Last question! ...I hope.

It is possible for this jewel to drop (as impossible as it may seem) from any monster that is level 43 or greater? Or do I add up the combined ilvl of each affix and that equals that level or greater then of the monster that can drop it? If the ladder is true and the combined result exceeds the highest level monster in the game then the jewel can never drop?

+9 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +10
Cold/Fire/Lightning Resist +30%
+10 To Minimum Damage
cheshirecatposer,Dec 29 2004, 12:57 PM Wrote:Ok!&nbsp; Last question!&nbsp; ...I hope.

It is possible for this jewel to drop (as impossible as it may seem) from any monster that is level 43 or greater?&nbsp; Or do I add up the combined ilvl of each affix and that equals that level or greater then of the monster that can drop it?&nbsp; If the ladder is true and the combined result exceeds the highest level monster in the game then the jewel can never drop?

+9 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +10
Cold/Fire/Lightning Resist +30%
+10 To Minimum Damage
[right][snapback]63842[/snapback][/right]

You don't add them up. You just check the alvl requirement of each affix vs. the alvl of the item. So yes, any rare ilvl 43+ jewel can get that combination of affixes. However, the probability of actually getting those affixes and of getting the perfect values for each are so incredibly low that you will never actually get one. According to this affix calculator, only about 1 in 171,000 rare ilvl 43 jewels will have those affixes (if you don't care if it's cold, fire, or lightning resistance). Only 1 in 2,160 jewels with those affixes will have the perfect values for each. So only about 1 in 369,000,000 rare ilvl 43 jewels will actually be exactly what you described. Not going to happen.

(Because jewels are qlvl 1, the alvl of a jewel is equal to its ilvl; for most other items, that isn't the case).
Huge thanks to you man, youve been a big help!